CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   recent purchases? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7891)

Dogstar 11-11-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
tool-undertow

:thumbsup: Soooo, have you listened to it yet? What do you think?

Mulletman 11-11-2004 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
My recent purchases:
A Perfect Circle -- eMOTIVe
Floater -- Alter, Acoustics, Sink, Glyph (I'm nuts for this band)

Maynard should be fuckign stoned to death for that faggot-ass rendition of Imagine. God, I have never felt so insulted.

Dogstar 11-11-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulletman
Maynard should be fuckign stoned to death for that faggot-ass rendition of Imagine. God, I have never felt so insulted.

I love that cover. There are several other songs I don't like, but I dig Imagine.

Mulletman 11-11-2004 06:34 PM

I'd still like to see him stoned....

Dogstar 11-11-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

I'd still like to see him stoned....

LOL! Don't you think that's just a tad harsh ;)? I could conur with that sentiment when it comes to Gimmiex3, though, and When the Levee Breaks...Those two just assaulted my ears.

Mulletman 11-11-2004 07:26 PM

Yea, but I am sick of his "artistic" nature... like a three year old's picture on the fridge.

Dogstar 11-11-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Yea, but I am sick of his "artistic" nature... like a three year old's picture on the fridge.

Hehehehe. I don't know, I'm still digging most of what he's doing. Very curious about the new Tool CD, though.

aussiecreeder 11-11-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

:thumbsup: Soooo, have you listened to it yet? What do you think?

yeah i've listened to it! :) its a bit like aenima except its more aggressive and straight-forward i guess. the most amazing thing about maynard i think is how with his two bands he is almost a completely different vocalist.

Torn Daredevil 11-11-2004 11:28 PM

That cover of Imagine is really amazing, considering I hate anything Beatle/Lennon related and don't really care for the original (don't even start, I already get enough shit for that).

And I love his version of The Fiddle and the Drum, some of the most incredible harmonizing I've ever heard. Some of the other though just kinda lost me...

Dogstar 11-11-2004 11:44 PM

Quote:

yeah i've listened to it! :) its a bit like aenima except its more aggressive and straight-forward i guess. the most amazing thing about maynard i think is how with his two bands he is almost a completely different vocalist.

I thought you would like it. I think it was you who said sometimes Tool is inaccessible as compared with APC, but you're right about Undertow being more straight-forward, sound-wise. I listened to it on the way to work today, and it comes in handy for the f*cktard drivers I encounter. Helps keep the rage at bay :D.

Hellboy, Fiddle and the Drum is my favorite on eMOTIVe...It's really moving.

aussiecreeder 11-12-2004 05:59 AM

Quote:

I thought you would like it. I think it was you who said sometimes Tool is inaccessible as compared with APC, but you're right about Undertow being more straight-forward, sound-wise. I listened to it on the way to work today, and it comes in handy for the f*cktard drivers I encounter. Helps keep the rage at bay :D.

Hellboy, Fiddle and the Drum is my favorite on eMOTIVe...It's really moving.

lol there is a bit of anger on that album hey? :D
yeah sometimes tool can be like that but undertow doesn't really that problem. i still prefer APC though.....amotion and pj come out soon so i "have" to get those too lol.

Dogstar 11-12-2004 02:22 PM

Quote:

lol there is a bit of anger on that album hey? :D
yeah sometimes tool can be like that but undertow doesn't really that problem. i still prefer APC though.....amotion and pj come out soon so i "have" to get those too lol.

Hehehe, yeah, just a tad ;)...I still can't choose between the two, though. There are some days that I am all about Tool and some days it's all APC. So, I'm going to be lame and say I can't pick one over the other :D...And how did I miss this PJ Greatest Hits thing? When is that coming out? Is there anything else with it, like a DVD or anything?

aussiecreeder 11-13-2004 05:48 AM

there is no DVD but there are songs like state of love and trust, breath and man of the hour, plus remixed versions of ten classics black and even flow which had too much reverb back in the day. :)

JulieCitySlicker 11-13-2004 01:32 PM

Just got the new Switchfoot and Good Charlotte cd's :D

Dogstar 11-13-2004 05:33 PM

Quote:

there is no DVD but there are songs like state of love and trust, breath and man of the hour, plus remixed versions of ten classics black and even flow which had too much reverb back in the day. :)

Cool, thanks for the info!