CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brett Hestla And The Rumors? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4995)

airattack 11-22-2003 05:50 PM

Hi,
Does anybody know whether or not Brett Hestla will be involved in Mark Tremonti's new project? They've done some work together in the past and I was wondering if he might be considered for the frontman spot. If he's not being considered, does anybody know if he's still in contact with anybody in the band?

Thanks

JulieCitySlicker 11-22-2003 05:56 PM

I havn't heard anything on Brett yet :) I hope he will still be working with Mark on whatever his new project is, I thought hje was awesome with Weathered :P

hayley 11-22-2003 06:20 PM

I don't think anyone knows anything about Hestla at this stage

The Lithium 11-22-2003 06:21 PM

I hope that if Mark Flip and Brian will write together that Stapp and Brett can write along.

hayley 11-22-2003 06:24 PM

I haven't heard Hestla sing before, does he have a nice voice?

Dogstar 11-22-2003 06:26 PM

Yes, he does, Hayley. He did a nice job on backing vocals during the Weaathered tour.

CreedKevin397 11-22-2003 06:34 PM

I never thought about that...that would ROCK. addicted2stapp, downloaded some songs by The Virgos...you'll see. That's Hestla singing, he has a very strong voice and can definately front a rock band. I would love to see that...Mark, Flip, Brian, and Brett....awesome. I don't think Stapp will have trouble finding people to write with. He is known around the world and I'm sure once word gets out that he needs a backing band, the best of the best are gonna be there for him.

Steve 11-22-2003 10:53 PM

Hestla is not involved with the Mark Tremonti project.

creedlvr 11-22-2003 11:32 PM

Well ... wouldn't it be great if Mark, Flip, Brian and Brett asked Amie Stapp to be their female backup singer? After all ... since everyone is SO thrilled about the new "Creed minus Stapp" band, she might as well team up with them too! Then it will really leave Stapp in the dust ... isn't that GREAT!?!?

Hey ... how about that Tallahassee boys club? Maybe they should get them in there too!

airattack 11-22-2003 11:48 PM

Thanks for the info. anybody interested in hearing what Virgos sounded like can go to Virgos Online and find a link to an FTP site with MP3s from their albums and demos.

facelessman 11-23-2003 12:42 AM

hmmm Brett as the front man doesnt sound bad... but is he what mark's looking for

hayley 11-23-2003 02:09 AM

I might have a look at some of the Virgo's songs tomorrow and check out his voice.

velocityidp 11-23-2003 02:17 AM

I would say that Brett is technically a better singer than Stapp (a bit more range). However, there's something about Stapp's voice that is just so unusual... sorry but you can't replace his voice or his stage presence.... or his writing style.

I really do like Brett's voice though... be sure to check out the cover of that Beatles song (can't remember the name of it) he did w/ Virgos.

hayley 11-23-2003 02:42 AM

Stapp's voice pulls you in like no other.

I'll see what I can download, I'm not wanting lots just a glimpse of what his voice sounds like.

The Lithium 11-23-2003 06:30 AM

If Brett join Downshifter it will be like "Scott Stapp and the guys". Stapp would be kind of left out....But who knows? Maybe that is what Stapp wants...To take a break and don't have all eyes on him.