CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   quick guitar quest. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5898)

creed_freek 02-18-2004 07:10 PM

quick guitar quest.

how often are u supposed to change ur strings... or do u leave them on till one breaks?
cuz my strings are kinda buzzing a little.. and i wasnt sure if that had anything to do with old strings..
if sumone can answer me that would be awesome.
...rock on man...

Agent D 02-18-2004 08:59 PM

Well it really depends upon how often you play. I play about two hours every day or so therefore I change my strings every couple of weeks.

facelessman 02-19-2004 05:51 PM

yeah man

Wylde-Tremonti 02-19-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Well it really depends upon how often you play. I play about two hours every day or so therefore I change my strings every couple of weeks.

DUUUUUDE... you dont need to change them that much... i play mine more than that (tho i have 4 guitars....) What kind of strings are you using????
I change mine every few months...

Agent D 02-19-2004 08:01 PM

Haha I dunno...basic electric strings. When I was at my local store, the guy told me to change them at often (and no, he wasn't trying to get me to buy more strings).

Wylde-Tremonti 02-19-2004 08:05 PM

you don't have to change them that much... do you take them all off... and then put them all on again... or do you do them one at a time..? because taking them all off (and then have no strings on) and then putting them all on... really can reek havoc on your neck

Bridge of Clay 02-19-2004 08:27 PM

I change it when it breaks

Agent D 02-19-2004 08:28 PM

I took them all off at once, but now I won't. Thanks for the tip, Matt. ;)

Wylde-Tremonti 02-19-2004 08:30 PM

yeah... because the strings put alot of resistance on the neck... and when you take them off... your neck can bend slightly... and if you keep doing that... over a period of yrs it can really weaken your neck... and it won't sound as good...

Rune 02-19-2004 10:02 PM

i try to play 4+ hours every day, but on the 3 days per week i work i only get in 2 or so (parents love me playing at 11 pm till 1 lol)

i use elixer nanowebs so i really only need to change them once a month or so, they hold up really well. I most often wait a month or until they start to lose their tone, usually the month comes first, that's why i like them so much.

Wylde-Tremonti 02-19-2004 10:06 PM

yeah... i use DR... and they are SO much better than what i used to use... i just got them about a month ago... so they may be different then earie ball

AlanCart 02-20-2004 12:27 AM

i change them about once a month, and about 4 times a year i take them all off and i clean every single fret and just about everything you can clean to leave my guitar shiny as hell

Sincirr 02-20-2004 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creed_freek
how often are u supposed to change ur strings... or do u leave them on till one breaks?
cuz my strings are kinda buzzing a little.. and i wasnt sure if that had anything to do with old strings..
if sumone can answer me that would be awesome.
...rock on man...

What do U mean buzzing?

How long have U had the guitar and what gauge strings have U got on it now? Are they thinner than the last ones U had on?

creedsister 02-20-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
What do U mean buzzing?

How long have U had the guitar and what gauge strings have U got on it now? Are they thinner than the last ones U had on?

Awww A little xtra prayers Yo way now from old sis here For you that gutiar!!!!! ;)

Wylde-Tremonti 02-21-2004 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
Awww A little xtra prayers Yo way now from old sis here For you that gutiar!!!!! ;)

What the heck did she just say? :wtf: