CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed's Windup Contract (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6647)

Mr. Prophet Man 05-21-2004 11:10 AM

Creed's Windup Contract

OK so this project is over pretty much. But what sucks is their contract.. I'm pretty sure Creed couldve made more records , they only did 3 for crying out loud.

Echelon122 05-21-2004 01:09 PM

I heard that their record deal was for 3, and WU had the option to renew and they did...for 4 more.

I'm guessing that they probably renegotiated them to have their projects count towards the "creed" total.

Trees of Wisdom 05-21-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echelon122
I heard that their record deal was for 3, and WU had the option to renew and they did...for 4 more.

I'm guessing that they probably renegotiated them to have their projects count towards the "creed" total.

Creed has a 7-record deal with Wind-up.

Delirium 05-21-2004 06:20 PM

I dont know about everyone else but i think Creed shouldve quit while they were ahead.... i mean, what the hell was that weathered crap? the first 2 tracks were good, the rest were fluffied up.

Echelon122 05-21-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Creed has a 7-record deal with Wind-up.

3 then renew for 4 = 7 ;)

Higher_Desire 05-22-2004 03:14 AM

OK, so check my math:
3 record deal: My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered
4 record renewal - Solo projects counting: AlterBridge, Stapp, Creed Compilation

What am I missing? I only count 3 counting towards the 4. What is the other one?

H-D :jam:

aussiecreeder 05-22-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
OK, so check my math:
3 record deal: My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered
4 record renewal - Solo projects counting: AlterBridge, Stapp, Creed Compilation

What am I missing? I only count 3 counting towards the 4. What is the other one?

H-D :jam:

Alter Bridge's or Stapp's next album? just as long as there is not another greatest hits package on top of the compilation album. it better not become the farce that has become of the constant AIC greatest hits releases (no offence dogstar! :) ) they have almost as many greatest hits albums as studio albums.

Mr.CreedFreakTN 05-22-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium
I dont know about everyone else but i think Creed shouldve quit while they were ahead.... i mean, what the hell was that weathered crap? the first 2 tracks were good, the rest were fluffied up.

I hate to disagree with you my friend, but that Weathered crap as you call it , got more airplay than any of their previous cd's. I liked it.

aussiecreeder 05-22-2004 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
I hate to disagree with you my friend, but that Weathered crap as you call it , got more airplay than any of their previous cd's. I liked it.

airplay and sales don't really matter but i'm with you i really like weathered!

Mr. Prophet Man 05-22-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
airplay and sales don't really matter but i'm with you i really like weathered!

weathered was ok, i wish they made albums that had the same formula as MOP as in darker lyrics and heavier riffs

aussiecreeder 05-22-2004 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man
weathered was ok, i wish they made albums that had the same formula as MOP as in darker lyrics and heavier riffs

why do you want the same formula? would that no bore you?

Echelon122 05-22-2004 11:16 AM

There were somethings about Weathered that I liked compared to the other albums...some I didn't. I don't think the "I love/I hate Weathered" "discussion" will ever die. :lol

Maybe the mystery #7 will be the DVD...wouldn't that be nice.

velocityidp 05-22-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN

Who cares if it got more airplay? I thought it was the first nail in Creed's coffin... commercialized, pop-ized, and lyrically flat/repetitive. Musically it was not-too-bad, though.

Definately their worst offering.

Bridge of Clay 05-22-2004 08:12 PM

Colin: you're missing the DVD.

It was supposed to happen, but then 4 "fans" decided to sue their band...

ibleedpurple 05-22-2004 08:23 PM

I'm still not holding my breath for the compilation CD, although that would be a great way to delay the news of the breakup and milk some more money out of the fans.

Dogstar 05-22-2004 08:24 PM

It might take a while, but they'll likely put out something to fulfill the contractual obligations.

Trees of Wisdom 05-22-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibleedpurple
I'm still not holding my breath for the compilation CD, although that would be a great way to delay the news of the breakup and milk some more money out of the fans.

Naw, the Creed compilation will be released, at least that's what we've been told. :rolleyes:

Echelon122 05-22-2004 08:38 PM

I think the compilation along with an announcment of the end of Creed would shoot sales of it through the freakin ROOF.

The DVD will never see the light of day, and that sucks. The shows recorded for it were some of the best.

Trees of Wisdom 05-22-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

I think the compilation along with an announcment of the end of Creed would shoot sales of it through the freakin ROOF.

The DVD will never see the light of day, and that sucks. The shows recorded for it were some of the best.

There could be a chance that the DVD will be released so Creed finishes their Wind-up contract.

benkenobi 05-22-2004 08:53 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is an entirely pointless erray of speculation. Be patient and the music will take care of itself!!!

Echelon122 05-22-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

There could be a chance that the DVD will be released so Creed finishes their Wind-up contract.

Then tell the guy sitting on his ass about it to get with it. :mad1: There weren't that many shows to go through.

At this rate, put them ALL on there (Detroit, Grand Rapids, Madison), some other stuff, the videos, and like the VH1 "Opening night live" thing (it was kinda cool behind the scenes)...put it at a reasonable price.

and give those f-ked over by CreedINK the thing for Free....that'd certainly satiate my need for legal remedy.

Trees of Wisdom 05-22-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Then tell the guy sitting on his ass about it to get with it. :mad1: There weren't that many shows to go through.

At this rate, put them ALL on there (Detroit, Grand Rapids, Madison), some other stuff, the videos, and like the VH1 "Opening night live" thing (it was kinda cool behind the scenes)...put it at a reasonable price.

and give those f-ked over by CreedINK the thing for Free....that'd certainly satiate my need for legal remedy.

That'd be one amazing DVD.

johellion 05-22-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocityidp
Who cares if it got more airplay? I thought it was the first nail in Creed's coffin... commercialized, pop-ized, and lyrically flat/repetitive. Musically it was not-too-bad, though.

Definately their worst offering.

Yup... I have to say that WEATHERED was not there best stuff....it was thrown together....the bass sucked...no Brian...and the chemistry was not there...It got more airplay because it was a big band...the first 2 albums proved themselves...and there fore it sold....but lets face it...when Brian left...it was not the same...The first 2 albums ...KICKED ass....sorry..but true...The first 2 were rock and roll....ballads are ok...but you don't need that many....

Shadow 05-22-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johellion
Yup... I have to say that WEATHERED was not there best stuff....it was thrown together....

Both Scott and Mark had said it was their best album.

Quote:

the bass sucked...no Brian...

Mark was the one who recorded all the bass tracks.

I thought Brett did a great job on tour with them.

Trees of Wisdom 05-22-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Both Scott and Mark had said it was their best album.

Mark was the one who recorded all the bass tracks.

I thought Brett did a great job on tour with them.

Brett did a pretty good job. That's why I knew Creed were going to break up since he wasn't going to be their permanent bassist.

Shadow 05-22-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Brett did a pretty good job. That's why I knew Creed were going to break up since he wasn't going to be their permanent bassist.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. They never felt the need, or wanted to, have an official fourth member of the band.

Bon Jovi's bassist was asked to leave the band years ago and was never replaced. They continue on as a foursome.

Bridge of Clay 05-22-2004 11:36 PM

Human Clay is my fav album because it's the one that got me into Creed, but I definately love Weathered.

Shadow 05-22-2004 11:39 PM

I love all of the albums equally. I've been listening to Creed since MOP days. I have favorites off each album. I actually love all of their songs with the expection of maybe 1 or 2 of them.

creedsister 05-22-2004 11:57 PM

Quote:

Yup... I have to say that WEATHERED was not there best stuff....it was thrown together....the bass sucked...no Brian...and the chemistry was not there...It got more airplay because it was a big band...the first 2 albums proved themselves...and there fore it sold....but lets face it...when Brian left...it was not the same...The first 2 albums ...KICKED ass....sorry..but true...The first 2 were rock and roll....ballads are ok...but you don't need that many....

Everybodys Got their Fave Of Course But Saying That Weathered Was Thrown Together Is Fricking Childish, That Album Was In Perfect Balance s wa A Diverse Fricking Master Peace Even if They Were Short Of A Bass Player I mean Come On,

Echelon122 05-23-2004 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
Human Clay is my fav album because it's the one that got me into Creed, but I definately love Weathered.

Same here...

I loved Weathered, cause for me, it appealed more broadly to me...I saw things in the music that were not just "spiritual"...I could relate them more to my friends and other things like that.

I discovered Creed when I was a Youth Director :lol:

and I actually LOVE the bass on Weathered. For a first timer, I thought Mark did a good job, and I actually think the bass part more complimented the rest of the song, and didn't just run parallel to the guitar part. Yeah it was rough, and you could tell someone was playing the Bass that wasn't used to it.

Brett did an AWESOME Job on the tour :thud He didn't try to take Brian's spot, he just came in, put part of himself into the parts and kicked some ass doing so. I wish they would have made him permanant back in 2000...but I'm glad he's happy doing his thing producing bands and working on the album side. I'd love to see him on stage again though...holy hanna he's got some great talent to share. Each of the guys at various points mentioned bringin him on as the permanant man, but I think a LOT of record company politics come into play...as well as maybe he wanted more freedom in their off time *Shrug* I'm sad it didnt' work out, but SO GLAD and greatful he was with them.

I wonder if part of the "chemestry" missing was the way the album was written?

But when they recorded HC, they'd been playing most of those songs before hand in concert...so that comfort level would translate to the studio too I would think.

Quote:

I have favorites off each album. I actually love all of their songs with the expection of maybe 1 or 2 of them.

Same here. It depends on my mood if I skip songs, but there's maybe 1-3 I don't really care for at all.

Some people just don't like Weathered, and that's fine...but many do. Each song, each album means something different to each person. Someone may LOVE "Beautiful", me, I skip it cause I don't like it. Me, I LOVE "Hide"...I know others that don't like it. Music means different things to different people.
But it's all cool.

Higher_Desire 05-23-2004 12:11 AM

I just don't get it. :dunno: Why would Creed sign a new deal (if they indeed did) under the name of Creed if Creed wasn't going to be putting out more albums? If there are plans for more than one AlterBridge album, wouldn't Wind-Up make AlterBridge sign a contract? If AlterBridge is not under contract, as a seperate band, legal matters could severely screw things up and (legally speaking) they would not be an offically recognized band. A contract is needed to do that.

H-D :hammer:

Bridge of Clay 05-23-2004 12:13 AM

It was signed before the split up.

Higher_Desire 05-23-2004 12:20 AM

But wouldn't a breakup force the contract to be null and void? Therefore making AB have to have another contract?

Echelon122 05-23-2004 12:20 AM

It was not Creed's option to renew...it was Wind-Ups.

Higher_Desire 05-23-2004 12:22 AM

But they can't force the band to sign a contract. The band has to accept the offer and sign. A contract is an agreement. Not a one-sided way of forcing someone to stay under your control.

Echelon122 05-23-2004 12:23 AM

Also, I'd be willing to bet, that rather than breach any existing contract, they re-negotiated with these projects to have them count towards the "Creed" total. But I also would bet there's a separate "Alter Bridge" contract, as well as a "Solo Stapp" one too....but they might be tied into the Creed one?

I'm just guessing...they might not have...who knows?!

No wonder Record companies don't usually make record deals available.

Echelon122 05-23-2004 12:24 AM

Quote:

But they can't force the band to sign a contract. The band has to accept the offer and sign. A contract is an agreement. Not a one-sided way of forcing someone to stay under your control.

However, if you have it in you contract that it's one sides option to renew....then they CAN force you to stay under that contract.

one reason many new bands will eventually SUE their lables to get OUT of their contracts.

WU's not dumb enough to let Creed get away from them.

Higher_Desire 05-23-2004 12:29 AM

Quote:

WU's not dumb enough to let Creed get away from them.

Yet they're dumb enough to let them not stay together and do different stuff. That doesn't make much sense either. I know what you're getting is that ultimately they wouldn't want any of the guys sign under a different label for any reason, but by letting them be Alterbridge and Stapp, they are letting Creed go.

Trees of Wisdom 05-23-2004 12:30 AM

Quote:

Yet they're dumb enough to let them not stay together and do different stuff. That doesn't make much sense either. I know what you're getting is that ultimately they wouldn't want any of the guys sign under a different label for any reason, but by letting them be Alterbridge and Stapp, they are letting Creed go.

They will make more money, though. Alter Bridge will do very well, assuming they are marketed well. Same goes for Scott Stapp.

Higher_Desire 05-23-2004 12:34 AM

Quote:

They will make more money, though. Alter Bridge will do very well, assuming they are marketed well. Same goes for Scott Stapp.

Personally speaking, people hate Creed because they hate Scott Stapp. People who say they hate Creed may be able to deal with AB, and like them, however, only Creed fans would buy Stapp's album. Though that is a great number of people, ultimately, I don't think Stapp will be able to make it without the rest of the guys.