CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Biggest personal musical secret ? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9884)

Muad'Dib 11-06-2005 02:05 AM

Biggest personal musical secret ?

Name the band/artist that you secretley love but wouldnt ever admit it or be seen buying an album?

Ill get the ball rolling with . . .

Dido :o

oh and I love Bon Jovi which gets me bagged alot by friends lol

eusebioCBR 11-06-2005 02:29 AM

David Lee Roth :boxedin:

RMadd 11-06-2005 03:01 AM

well, evidently Creed is pretty passé lol... I was talking to a guy at work the other night about our favorite music, and I mentioned I liked Creed & "bands like that" and he, though he didn't chastise me for that (he's more of a punk/emo fan), said he didn't think he'd ever met anyone who had at least told him they were Creed fans. But, as far as embarassing purchases are concerned, I've got albums I never listen to & regret buying, but they're not particularly embarassing (well, maybe all except for Maroon 5, but chicks seem to dig 'em, so it's alright). But if we're talking from my music collection in general, I'll be honest, I've got some Britney Spears, nsync, Mariah Carey, & Backstreet Boys on here....

Anna1011 11-06-2005 06:25 AM

i used to be a HUGE westlife fan and kinda still like them. as i say once a pop freak always a pop freak lol always gonna be my roots

Rocketqueen 11-06-2005 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Name the band/artist that you secretley love but wouldnt ever admit it or be seen buying an album?

Ill get the ball rolling with . . .

Dido :o

oh and I love Bon Jovi which gets me bagged alot by friends lol

:) i never consired the Jersy Boys A Secret They Were Pretty BUT THEY KICKED MAJOR ASS, And Still Kicking Today I dont Have None Today But Damn I Bought Debbie Gibsons Out Of The Blue :o i sware i did,nt know what i was doing at the time

Dogstar 11-06-2005 01:19 PM

BearFan, I hear you about Creed. Even my non-music fans will rag on me for that because of course, they say they hate Scott Stapp, LOL.

Let's see, I'm sure I've had plenty of embarrassing purchases over the years.
I didn't buy this, but my sister got me the first Limp Bizkit CD :D

titan9 11-06-2005 02:47 PM

Most embarrasing purchase? Definitely Hoobastank's "The Reason". I hate to admit it, but I was sucked in by the title track. I never listen to that CD anymore. Matter of fact, it now serves as a coaster for my drinks. :laugh:

The Lithium 11-06-2005 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna1011
i used to be a HUGE westlife fan and kinda still like them. as i say once a pop freak always a pop freak lol always gonna be my roots

Anna, you're scaring me!

Anna1011 11-06-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Anna, you're scaring me!

hahahahaha

ive got my bro to thank for turning into the rock lover i am today but theres always gonna be a side of me that still has my love for pop music

and im actually not embarrased about the whole westlife thing :D

eusebioCBR 11-06-2005 05:20 PM

I miss the Spice Girls!!!!!!!

GregS 11-06-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebio
I miss the Spice Girls!!!!!!!

Haha. I remember coiple of years ago.. I had lots of pop cds like spice girls & Brittany Spears mixed in with Korn , Slipknot , Metallica , Nirvana , Bon Jovi etc.. And its quite funny how I dislike all those bands now..
Oh well.. things change.

Steve 11-06-2005 07:08 PM

Yeah, anytime I tell someone I like Creed, they pretty much degrade me. So I'd have to say Creed for your question. Other than that I really can't think of anything. I really don't like anything but rock bands, so nothing "embarassing" to other fellow rock fans out there.

titan9 11-06-2005 07:25 PM

Oh, I've definitely taken some flak for liking Creed. But you know what? When anyone asks me what I listen to, when I mention Creed, I say it with pride. I couldn't care less what "some" people think of them. All I know is that they made some amazing music together(namely the entire MOP album and parts of HC and Weathered), they've inspired me and they're a whole heckuva lot better than some of the "rock" bands on rock radio, as well as pretty much everything on pop radio today.

Bridge of Clay 11-07-2005 09:06 PM

pfft... my friends know I'm "fanatic" for Creed. And I'm proud of that, I'm not ashamed for liking them... Granted that here Creed isn't as big, famous and hated as in US.

Why people would degrade you for liking Creed? they must like bands that are way worse...

eusebioCBR 11-07-2005 10:43 PM

The problem most people had with Creed was Scott Stapp. This is what I heard when I talked about Creed. I loved the music, but alot of people just didn't like him. On the other hand enough people must have liked him, because millions of Creed cds were sold.