CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Stapp Update (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9136)

Ana4Stapp 05-24-2005 11:18 PM

I agree with you, uncertain ;)

Hmm, actually ...I think it's better to us to stop here...or we are going to be banned...lol :rolleyes: :angel::kick:

uncertaindrumer 05-25-2005 09:59 AM

Banned? I can't be banned! I would then cease being the most controverisal "non-banned" member on Creedfeed! lol

Anyway, to try and pull this back on topic, do you guys think Stapp will come out with a bucnh of nasty soft stuff, or do you think he will have some actual rock and roll?

Ana4Stapp 05-25-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Banned? I can't be banned! I would then cease being the most controverisal "non-banned" member on Creedfeed! lol

Anyway, to try and pull this back on topic, do you guys think Stapp will come out with a bucnh of nasty soft stuff, or do you think he will have some actual rock and roll?

But I Can! :D LOL

Hmm... I doubt that he will come with much rock ad roll stuff, but of course I hope he can do his better. ;)

uncertaindrumer 05-25-2005 01:23 PM

Yeah, I doubt he will rock much either. Which is why I am not exactly DYING to hear his CD... although I still am super curious...

titan9 05-25-2005 02:12 PM

I think it'll be a mix. Some ballads; some harder hitting stuff. He's a different musician than he was with Creed. Now, instead of having to compromise with his fellow band members and make music according to what they all agree on, he's independent and can make the music that he wants to make. I don't think we're going to get hard hitting stuff like on My Own Prison, but I do think we'll get some stuff that fits the Creed mold. I also don't think that we'll get any solos, as Stapp has clearly implied in the past that he is not a fan of those. I highly doubt that Stapp's solo CD will be Pop. Because he has been influenced by bands like the Doors and U2, it wouldn't shock me to hear his sound become similar to those two bands I mentioned. Stapp has said before, though, that his solo stuff will be, "a mix of Creed and Led Zepplin." Of course, he did say that in February of 2004, so he might have changed his mind by now. As long as the music isn't too bad, as long as he still has it vocally(and based on what I've heard, he does) and as long as the lyrics are solid(like they were in Creed), I think his solo album will be good, even if it is a bit softer than some of us would like.

uncertaindrumer 05-26-2005 08:57 AM

Right now I could really use some music... I'd even listen to Stapp's.

titan9 05-26-2005 09:52 AM

Lol, I'm the complete opposite. I've been finding quite a bit of new music to listen to in the last few weeks.....most of it authentic(i.e. the bands themselves acknowledge it) Christian Rock. Day of Fire(their lead singer's former band toured with Creed), Building 429(lighter stuff, but still pretty good), Disciple(harder stuff) and Jeremy Camp(softer stuff, but rocking at times). I've also been listening to the Mayfield Four a lot as well as all the other stuff(AB, 12 Stones, Kutless, Pillar among others) I have. Right now, if I want to hear Stapp(and I do from time to time), I can always pop in a little Creed or even Relearn Love. I do really want his album, but I've found stuff to listen to in place of it right now, so I can wait another six months if that's what it takes.

uncertaindrumer 05-26-2005 10:37 AM

Yeah, I'm just in a bad mood, need some new music to lift me up. I am getting Audioslave's album soon, maybe that will help.

tremonti4life04 05-26-2005 11:01 AM

I've found a lot of new things to listen to as well. Actually, i think the Creed breakup really broadened my horizons as far as music. Creed was pretty much all i knew for a while. Now im into bands like Tool, A Perfect Circle, Theory of a Deadman, Shinedown (AWESOME), Audioslave, Godsmack, Seether, Stevie Ray Vaughn, ZZ Top, George Thorogood, Staind. I am also into some of the older stuff like John Mellencamp, The Who, Eagles, Bad Company, and a bunch of bands like that. Creed will always be special to me, but as far as music goes, im really moving in a different direction (Tremonti will always be my favorite guitarist tho!!!)

Ana4Stapp 05-26-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Right now I could really use some music... I'd even listen to Stapp's.

Wow! So you are VERY BAD :rolleyes: ...lol

Quote:

Yeah, I'm just in a bad mood, need some new music to lift me up. I am getting Audioslave's album soon, maybe that will help.

I hope you feel better...:hugs:

PS - Maybe Stapp helps you...lol