CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Stapp Update (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9136)

uncertaindrumer 05-23-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp

PS: No related topic but "Take me Out" has the same notes that "Trempled underfoot" has...Incredible!!!! :rolleyes: This time you re right!

Of course I'm right. I'm always right. ;)

tremonti4life04 05-23-2005 01:24 PM

You know whats really funny. The guy from Theory of a Deadman sounds almost exactly like scott stapp (listen to the opening of Nothing Can Come Between Us from the first album where he goes)"Well Im running back and forth, from here to south carolina, wishing you were here, i guess i should watch what i wish for" He sounds so damn much like stapp its not funny! Wheres the Eddie Vedder ridicule for him eh?

titan9 05-23-2005 01:34 PM

I'll DL that song to see what you mean, tremonti4life. On the topic of Stapp soundalikes, Eric Durrance(former lead singer of Big Dismal) sounds a lot like Stapp in some of BD's songs. The first time I listened to BD(the first song I DLed by them was "Missing You") I kept thinking, "geez, this guy sounds a lot like Stapp." It's sort of ironic, though. Stapp produced BD's EP(I was shocked when I learned that) and BD is also from Florida.....and BD broke up just 5 months after Creed.......and now Durrance is a solo artist, much like Stapp. They're both the same age(31), both have a child(Durrance is still married, though) and both had a falling out with their band. And they're both signed to Wind-Up! Sorta funny how similar those two are.:laugh:

Uncertain, I never said that you said that Stapp and Vedder are alike when it comes to lyrics. I just wanted to throw that out there before anyone compared the two lyrically and tried to say that Stapp copied off of Vedder with his lyrics.

OneOmerta 05-23-2005 03:33 PM

I don't hear it

I like Pearl Jam...and I just don't think they sound anything alike at all.

they both have deep voices...that's about it, imo.

someone is ALWAYS going to be compared to someone else in the music business...it's almost unavoidable.

uncertaindrumer 05-23-2005 04:07 PM

Well, as far as I am concerened Stapp and Vedder are almsot clonish... but I guess I can see how others would see them differently. I think on a broader level, almost ALL grunge, post grunge, hard rock music these days has low, throaty voices... it annoys me because Rock and Roll was meant for tenors, dangit!

lol, I don't DISLIKE baritones, but right now Robert Plant sounds AWFULLY good with all the wannabe rock bands of the day.

Trimontana 05-23-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
You know whats really funny. The guy from Theory of a Deadman sounds almost exactly like scott stapp (listen to the opening of Nothing Can Come Between Us from the first album where he goes)"Well Im running back and forth, from here to south carolina, wishing you were here, i guess i should watch what i wish for" He sounds so damn much like stapp its not funny! Wheres the Eddie Vedder ridicule for him eh?

Thats true, i have got their cd and yeah...the first time i heard them thats exactly what i though.

titan9 05-23-2005 04:56 PM

I just DLed that song. I'll agree with you guys, he sounds JUST like Stapp at the beginning of the song. It's almost freaky, lol.:laugh:

tremonti4life04 05-23-2005 05:55 PM

I really cant bash anyone for sounding like stapp. When i sing in my normal singing voice, i tend to sound stappish at times. I can sing like stapp almost to a tee. I also sound a lot like 3 doors down and maynard james keenan. I have a weird mix, but i dont try to impersonate them, it just comes naturally.

titan9 05-23-2005 06:11 PM

Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't bash anyone for sounding Stappish. The fact is, not too many vocalists are really distinct sounding.....a lot of them sound-alike. Can't bash Myles for at times sounding like Cornell and you can't bash the guys who at times sound like Stapp.

Ana4Stapp 05-23-2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Of course I'm right. I'm always right. ;)

Oh...actually there's only one word to you:
Conceited...conceited...conceited...lol jk:rolleyes: ;) :laugh:

Chase 05-24-2005 12:36 AM

Stapp and Vedder sound nothing alike... having a deep voice doesn't automatically make someone a "clone" of Vedder.

titan9 05-24-2005 09:58 AM

Exactly, which was my point. Aside from them both having deep voices, they really aren't anything alike. That's why I've always thought that the Vedder/Stapp comparison is ridiculous.

uncertaindrumer 05-24-2005 12:50 PM

I dunno, maybe I jsut do not listen to the right PJ stuff, but in the few songs I have heard... he sounds just like Stapp.

Of course, lots of guys sound somewhat like Stapp, because he is not very unique. But whatever, I did not even start this discussion, Ana did!

By the way, I have NOT gotten any PM's from you Ana.

Ana4Stapp 05-24-2005 04:20 PM

[quote=uncertaindrumer]I dunno, maybe I jsut do not listen to the right PJ stuff, but in the few songs I have heard... he sounds just like Stapp.

Of course, lots of guys sound somewhat like Stapp, because he is not very unique. But whatever, I did not even start this discussion, Ana did!

QUOTE]

My fault! Always my fault!!! LOL :D :rolleyes:

But I have to agree that in the beggining I thought Stapp was Vedder...They definitely have similarities, but I still prefer Stapp's voice,even though Vedder actually has a good one too... ;)

uncertaindrumer 05-24-2005 07:15 PM

Yes, they are deffinitely distinguishable. I did not say they were identical! Just a lot alike.