CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Waxing Poetica (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fire Rapids (short story, warning, long) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10609)

stappissohot 03-02-2006 12:37 PM

Fire Rapids (short story, warning, long)

Fire Rapids By Morgan Shaver
It would take a lot to explain, or even start to explain the way she felt. Curled up beside her bed in a little ball on the floor. She felt trapped, in a prison, and she felt alone. That feeling, aloneness, was so strong in her weak mind. She was numb, unfeeling, and unmoving as the music played in her ears. She made no attempts to block the sound of the music. After all, she thought bitterly, it was My Own Prison. Her mind laughed, but it wasn’t pleasant laughter. It was bitter, bitter with hatred and sorrow, like if the Cheshire cat tried to frown. But for her it was the complete opposite. All her feelings of hatred drifted upon her mother. Her mother had become a wall, a wall which blocked her from the world. She felt anger, anger so much that her very mind turned red. Her life was gone, snatched from her.

The cuts on her arm made up for half of the escape, oh yes. Escape, there was always an escape. She planned it in her mind, she penned it on paper. She would run, run far. But of course that would never do, her mother would catch her. But then again her mother threatened to throw her in a psyche ward or in some prison. Anywhere, she thought, anywhere away from her mother. Her very thoughts burned, burned with escape. Her mother had tried and failed to snatch the fire away from Fire Rapids. Her spirit still burned with eternal flame, perhaps even stronger now. Her mother had no control over her anymore. And her mother knew that, and was making vain attempts to regain it. Such as a person who has lost their glasses and are groping about to try and find them. She was her own person, young as she was.

She needed help, for that she was sure, but then again who cared about her? If there ever was a person they where snatched from her by the wall, her mother. Blocked out of her life. Sure she had 4 years left of her mother, but her mother was snatching everything from her and giving nothing back. In 4 years she would be stripped bare of everything she needed for living. She was already close to bare in this state. She pushed on; she was going to fight this. She was, no, is. She will never change her mind. Never, there is nothing left to discourage her already made up mind. She leered out the window, her eyes like fire, threatening to burn anyone who got caught in their gaze. Her fists clenched and the music surrounding her.

Tears rand down her face like rain. She had no control over them, they where like closing your eyes when you sneeze, there is nothing you can do. As the tears ran down her cheeks she surveyed the small room. Anything she wanted had been provided, but they where give and get. Give her the material possessions, and gain the power. Her mother needed that power, that control. She feeds off of it, giving herself strength. Even if it means sucking the spirit out of her own daughter. Her friend fed off her fire, spirit, but he gave back. Gave her back life. Her mother continued to take, and nothing would ever be given back. She breathed in, sucking on the cold air, giving her weak body life. She let it out slowly, all the while the tears still coming.

Kept coming like little missiles bombing her face below. And her mind, oh her mind, was the battlefield. Pain, pain beyond all comprehension filled her. Has piled on every moment spent with her mother. The only power she has is her loyalty to her friends, she shields them from her mother. Shielded their spirits so her mother wouldn’t feed off them too. In a way she was like a vampire. But instead of blood she fed off people’s life force. She wanted power and control and if she didn’t get it, oh Lord fear the wrath. But she would never allow her mother to feed off anyone, no. She shielded the people from her. In a way like standing in front of someone with arms out, shielding them from a speeding car about to crash into them.

But in doing that she grew weaker, her fire dimmer. All the time he was in her life he gave her new fire, breaths came, and she could live. But her mother, wanting to regain her rein of terror snatched him from her like she took everything else. She snatched DM from her, the family she never had. She took and took and took and life was getting harder to live. She would escape, oh yes. But she needed help, help help… she repeated the words as if sending out a silent S.O.S. Help she needed, oh God how she needed. She was powerless, spirit dimming. Like someone crawling up a mountain who needs that one hand to grab them and pull them up over that last step to the top.

She desperately tried to crawl alone, he has taught her solo wasn’t right, and true friends you shouldn’t fight. But she no longer had him, and she would crawl alone or die trying. As she crawled on in her mind she laid upon the floor. This time screaming with the tears, screaming. She was helpless, she was helpless. She was screaming and gasping and the hot, wet, tears still running, running down her face. She was crying and screaming and gasping for air. And as everything started to turn black she kept screaming and crying and gasping until the darkness overcame her.

Rocketqueen 03-03-2006 11:23 AM

Re: Fire Rapids (short story, warning, long)

That Was Good Morgan Nice Visual As Well :)

stappissohot 03-03-2006 12:51 PM

Thanks, I'm going through a lot right now, writing helps quite a bit.... I just feel like crying, lol, so basically all of this is a bunch of EMO crap but oh well lol :)

MissSeeker 03-03-2006 02:20 PM

Well written!

stappissohot 03-06-2006 11:56 AM

Thanks.... it's longer than I had hoped for but I like the ending a lot.... a lot a lot a lot :)

Rocketqueen 03-06-2006 01:42 PM

your very welcome :) alot alot precioussssssssss you really kicked ass on this piece its amazing the way everything was just written and put together,

stappissohot 03-08-2006 12:00 PM

Yeah and it's amazing for me because it only took me 5 minutes...no lie... *yawn* I was up all night playing my guitar, so far I can only play one song Alice In Chains, Man In The Box. I am pretty good at it but I still screw up. I luv to write, always have, always will :) thanks a million for taking the time to even read it :)

Rocketqueen 03-08-2006 10:27 PM

Oh I Believe It Only Took You 5 minutes I Have Confession Morgan Presiousssssssssssssss i just STOLE your Avi It Even More Da Presioussssssssssssssssssss Cute As A Button :D man in a box is like The Alice In Chains Classic But it still my all time favorite i think i was in love with the video image

stappissohot 03-09-2006 12:19 PM

Knew you'd like the avatar, took me an arm and a leg (no lie) to make something original, have it, take it, I have more :) lol yup, I should post them sometime, oh well. And yeah things only take me five minutes, if they don't I forget about them. Music comes easy to me because I love to do it, writing comes easy because it just comes easy. Oh and btw I love American Idol... just thought I'd throw that in *coughAcemustwin!cough* uhm, I said nothing, you heard nothing...go Ace, the next American Idol....*looks around* what?

Rocketqueen 03-09-2006 12:43 PM

if i dont write it down right away i forget too thats no big deal everybody does i know its take da troubles to get such a perfect pic i hate American idol Dorks

stappissohot 03-09-2006 12:49 PM

I am obsessed with the following TV programs

LOST
Most Haunted
Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns
Whose Line Is It Anyway
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
The Price Is Right
Invasion
Surface
Prison Break
Lingo
American Idol
:cool:
Just my little way of entertaining myself, TV junkie, major TV junkie.... I've seen every episode of everything, it's called obsession. Like I'm obsessed with Scott Stapp and Creed

Rocketqueen 03-10-2006 09:51 AM

The Price Is Right ??? is still on tv Bob must be like 100 by now

stappissohot 03-10-2006 12:06 PM

True but I still like Plinko and when people win a car... they must die... but anyway, lol.... yup and American Idol is down to the top 12... Ace is still in it...he must win.... aaaaand that's all I care about :) but yah, I wonder when Scott Stapp is coming to California!? Cause all his performances I have to like take a plane to see, lol... oh well he'll be coming here sooner or later

Rocketqueen 03-11-2006 11:25 PM

:) :) i sware your going get me to whatch A. Idol

stappissohot 03-15-2006 12:08 PM

You must, I hypnotise *grins* if not American Idol, then Lost, or Most Haunted, me not particular :) lol as long as you watch something and join me in the fight to stop obsessing over scott stapp (you should see my wall in my room) but it's not just Scott posters there are pictures of Lost and pics of American Idol (ace must win) they did Stevie Wonder last night, the only song I had ever heard by him was Superstition....man I need to broaden my likes

Rocketqueen 03-16-2006 01:26 AM

you got pics of American Idol thats scary babe Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and if i was,nt for my obsession wity ya morgan:) i would kick your fanny for that i have,nt whatched it yet i only whatch the discovery channel cartoon net work i love their toons and tv land horror flicks :) to mention hauntings one of my faves Braum strokes Dracula :) i dont have a lot of stappy pics on my walls just one and its framed baby and no ones is allowed to freaking touch it what im wall paperd in star wars Guns N Roses Morrison

stappissohot 03-16-2006 12:34 PM

Yes and if I was any smarter I wouldn't be able to understand a word you say *blinks innocently* sorry I be nicer.... kidding... lol my room is all black, black curtains, black chair, black bedding, and I'm working on getting a black rug but it make it harder to find my guitar and amp which are both black.... lol... aaaand then from American Idol it's on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 8 on Fox, this week on Tuesday they're doing 50's week, last week they did Stevie Wonder... watch it I'm sure you will enjoy

Rocketqueen 03-16-2006 01:14 PM

:) my room is kinda mixed i did,nt want a color that would settle here b/c ya never know HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA so its all colors so its all good to go there is nothing like all black room when you got a headache tie ones of those lit glow ropes around your gutiar and you will find it 50,s week i,ll whatch it i promise :) 50,s song are like the most haunting songs ever, so i,ll enjoy it

stappissohot 03-17-2006 11:55 AM

Tuesday, 8:00 watch for Ace Young, vote for Ace Young he must win, he also kinda looks like Scott Stapp, but I'm on a mission, an Ace Must Win mission, and I'll shut up because I sound like an idiot.... lol.... ha, he, ha, ha, ok.... moment of silence, but silence speaks :)

Rocketqueen 03-19-2006 11:43 PM

Hey Hey Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

its on my calander :) 8;00 my ass is in front of the tv, ;) lol and knowing us sweet morgan :) should i be taking this harder if Ace does not win how am i going to fix that , i wish you guys the best and if he wins he wins and if he looses it will be so much better the only way to win and learn wisdom and take your talent and your career serious on that show is to loose And then you can turn to that person and say look man it was no big deal dont take it so hard it was American Idol

stappissohot 03-20-2006 11:55 AM

Yes but last season the guy I wanted to win Constantine Maroulis got voted off as well, every person I want to win get's voted off! I must be some kind of jinx, if not I must like the losers a lot *hangs head* oh well, but I know Ace must win! :)

Rocketqueen 03-20-2006 01:02 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA LMAO :roll: :roll: He Will Win and im going like be really excited if he does ACE GOING WIN ACE GOING WIN HE GOING WIN :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :clap: :clap:

stappissohot 03-21-2006 11:57 AM

*looks around* was that funny? Ok *laughs* kidding, yeah Ace must win, I should get a picture and post it, he's hot, really... too bad I can't bottle him and send him to you, or bottle him and send him to myself :)

Rocketqueen 03-21-2006 12:18 PM

yes it was funny ***HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i was thinking about that i wanna see what he looks like :) if you would bottle him up and send him to me i would send him right to you :) when im finshied ***;)

stappissohot 03-21-2006 12:21 PM

Lol, funny I should google a picture, hmmm maybe I will, brb :)

stappissohot 03-21-2006 12:27 PM

Can't get a pic on here, go to idolonfox.com and click on contestants Ace is the first one... and the best looking

Rocketqueen 03-21-2006 12:30 PM

:) i wanna see what he looks like first b/c your ace may not be hot enough for me :) so i post your pic because you got this certian way morgan*** of finding all the pics i like like i like

stappissohot 03-21-2006 12:48 PM

I can't post it the school computer is messed up, and again my mother took away my computer at home so I am computerless without the school computer which doesn't allow me to post pics, I can't even copy and paste, I'm sure the one on idolonfox.com

Rocketqueen 03-21-2006 12:57 PM

:) ok *** but what if~but~what~if~i~can,t ~find It idolonFox.com if i do i,ll post it k *** :) because your at school and can,t do it so i guess that means i,ll have to do it but then i,ll know what he looks like i hope he looks yummy so we can share if he i find him and he does not pass the taste test :) Im not sharing

stappissohot 03-22-2006 12:42 PM

Any luck, I almost have to log off but it's on the contestants this season he's the first picture Ace Young, and btw did you watch it last night? If you did he was the last one that sang, big bang ending to the show :)

Rocketqueen 03-22-2006 02:37 PM

i saw him :) i never found any pics though but its a mircale i set through Amrican Idol and now i have to whatch it nexet week to who wins

stappissohot 03-28-2006 11:58 AM

Still, he's cute....c'mon you have to give him THAT!!!

Rocketqueen 03-29-2006 12:28 PM

:) yes he was cute k but just tell me you were not at home with a sign thats Says Marry Me ACE Say It Aint So :) he had one of those very charming smiles that was a bet much for me but he had a lot of good stuff where it counts :)

stappissohot 03-30-2006 12:10 PM

I don't have a sign, and even if I did would I tell you? If I marry Ace he's mine, mine, mine.... besides your probably too old for him anyway :)

Rocketqueen 03-31-2006 10:44 AM

:) no he is not :) your to young to like such an older man HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO im laughing because *** well you will figure it out

stappissohot 04-04-2006 12:00 PM

You don't know my age, how do you know in like 3 years... or 5... or 1.... that I won't be old enough to marry him?

Rocketqueen 04-05-2006 01:02 AM

:) well darlin at the rate your going there you should be old enough :)

stappissohot 04-05-2006 11:58 AM

But I get the point, not now, but he's reserved, oh so reserved. I have him in chains in the basement for a couple years ;) tee hee, I'm such a stalker :)

Rocketqueen 04-05-2006 12:06 PM

:) :) :) im sure you will take of him in that basement ;) like nobody older can do ~~you stalker you~~

stappissohot 04-06-2006 12:00 PM

Ha, ha, true, so true. All mine, mine, aaaaallll mine. I will stalk forever