CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp mentioned on Howard Stern! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10545)

Tremontixriffs 02-21-2006 06:44 PM

Stapp mentioned on Howard Stern!

Howard Stern mentioned Scott Stapp in an ellicit sex scandal with Kid Rock. Apparently they were both involved in a gang bang caught on tape. Stern later said" Regardless of what he(Stapp) said about my girlfriend Beth, I think its awesome how in the age of all these goodie too shoes Rock stars he has that old school get drunk get laid mentality.

All these things that are happening to Stapp lately may ruin his image but you know he's a great rock singer and he's just doing what every other lead singer in rock did through the 80's and 90's. He just gets rediculed for it for no reason. Its amazing Axl could be piss drunk urinating on a airline attendant and its normal, Scott gets a little nuts and everyone talks about it.

nagpo 02-21-2006 07:07 PM

Re: Stapp mentioned on Howard Stern!

nevermind...

Steve 02-21-2006 07:41 PM

I think the reason Stapp gets ridiculed for what he does is because of the music he writes and the impressions he gives off through interviews and tv specials. All the music he's written has religous and/or spiritual undertones to it; his "jesus poses" in concert and in music videos; the behind the music special on his life - it all gives off one impression of who he is and then he goes and does the complete opposite of this with these bar room brawls, drunken stupers, and sex tapes.

titan9 02-21-2006 08:44 PM

^^ Ditto, Steve. I couldn't have said it any better.

Chase 02-21-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
i think the reason why axl can get away with that kind of stuff and stapp cant is because....he's axl. stapp doesent nearly have that kind of respect axl has, not even from his fans. i think he is ridiculed more because this stuff he does seems like the direct opposet he sings about and nobody likes a poser. and to comment on what stern said....who cares? stern is a washed up hack; perverted peice of shit anyway...i just scared myself:eek:

hahahahaha Axl had respect? He was a pretty hated guy also, much like Stapp. Look at the ongoing feuds he had with Kurt Cobain and Vince Neil.

Chase 02-21-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I think the reason Stapp gets ridiculed for what he does is because of the music he writes and the impressions he gives off through interviews and tv specials. All the music he's written has religous and/or spiritual undertones to it; his "jesus poses" in concert and in music videos; the behind the music special on his life - it all gives off one impression of who he is and then he goes and does the complete opposite of this with these bar room brawls, drunken stupers, and sex tapes.

The media also plays a big part in giving off that image as well. I've read countless articles in which writers bluntly stated that Creed was a Christian band... and that his father was a strict, Pentecostal minister.

nagpo 02-21-2006 09:18 PM

im an idiot and i have no idea what im talking about.

Ana4Stapp 02-21-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve

Exactly!!!!;)

Stappishot 02-21-2006 11:19 PM

Well when u come off as this spiritual guy, and do all these things, yes ur gonna get a bad rep. Just as anyone else.

Dogstar 02-21-2006 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
The media also plays a big part in giving off that image as well. I've read countless articles in which writers bluntly stated that Creed was a Christian band... and that his father was a strict, Pentecostal minister.

In this case, I wouldn't blame the media totally. As Steve said, he has written and spoken one thing and gone out and done the other. If he'd written about boozing, and girls and drugging and getting wasted, then people wouldn't be so critical, I don't think. It borders on being dishonest, really. I've always said he was extremely image-conscious, even at the height of Creed's popularity. A lot of it seems manufactured and, to be honest, phony.

Rocketqueen 02-22-2006 12:35 AM

well yea Doggy one can only remind ones self morons!!!! i never read those articles i dont read much anyways its all about the music and the fans of creed and stapp really dont care anyways

Chase 02-22-2006 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
In this case, I wouldn't blame the media totally. As Steve said, he has written and spoken one thing and gone out and done the other. If he'd written about boozing, and girls and drugging and getting wasted, then people wouldn't be so critical, I don't think. It borders on being dishonest, really. I've always said he was extremely image-conscious, even at the height of Creed's popularity. A lot of it seems manufactured and, to be honest, phony.

But some blame should still be placed on the media for also falsifying things. Most non-Creed fans thought of Creed as a Christian band simply because they either read it in a magazine, heard it on the radio, or saw someone say that on T.V. Bottom line, Creed never was a Christian band and Stapp had said that numerous times... even to the media. It was based simply on their videos, lyrics, and his upringing that people came to this conclusion. Stapp was a rebellious guy prior to Creed... and still kept some of the old habits while he was in the band. Creed and Scott Stapp had a gimmick. They portrayed themselves as spiritual. Some of the most successful bands and musicians have some sort of gimmick. It sells and stereotypes follow.

Marilyn Manson is a different guy when he's not in the spotlight, as is Ozzy Osbourne, Bono, the Gallagher brothers of Oasis... and so on.

Sometimes people take rock stars and celebrities too seriously. I mean... does it really matter if Stapp doesn't read the Bible everynight? I'm sure it does to some people... but in the scope of things... I find it more fulfilling to listen to his music than to pry into his life. A line should be drawn between the person and the music. Or in the case of actors, the person and the movie. Like it or not, Stapp is getting a lot of much needed publicity and is now getting looks from the people that thought he was too much of a Christian. His record only really sold to die hard Creed fans... but with his antics has been a surge of interest in him.

Ana4Stapp 02-25-2006 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Sometimes people take rock stars and celebrities too seriously. I mean... does it really matter if Stapp doesn't read the Bible everynight? I'm sure it does to some people... but in the scope of things... I find it more fulfilling to listen to his music than to pry into his life. A line should be drawn between the person and the music. Or in the case of actors, the person and the movie. Like it or not, Stapp is getting a lot of much needed publicity and is now getting looks from the people that thought he was too much of a Christian. His record only really sold to die hard Creed fans... but with his antics has been a surge of interest in him.

Well...this is true...a kind of strategy to get some attention...and promote his cd: .;)