CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tool - 10,000 Days (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10881)

Lechium 05-02-2006 04:40 PM

Re: Tool - 10,000 Days

Well Tool's not able to match AEnima yet again... oh well still a very decent album.
It's funny how obviously they are infuelcned my Meshuggah at some parts, however.

Dogstar 05-03-2006 01:55 PM

Adam Jones said in the Guitar World interview that he listened to Meshuggah a lot during the writing process. The album is growing on me. I got the official copy yesterday :)...And welcome back, Lechium :D

Muad'Dib 05-04-2006 02:09 AM

Ohh, what are they going to do when the lights go down
Without you to guide them all to Zion?
What are they going to do when the rivers overrun
Other than tremble incessantly?

High as a wave, but I'll rise on up off the ground.
You are the light and the way, they'll only read about.
I only pray, God knows when to lift you out.
Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
Shake your fists at the gates saying:
"I have come home now!
Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father
Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
It's time now! My time now!
Give me my, give me my wings."

Amazing part, highlight of the album. It has grown on me so much.

Dogstar 05-04-2006 01:28 PM

I have to agree. That song is so emotional.

Lechium 05-04-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Adam Jones said in the Guitar World interview that he listened to Meshuggah a lot during the writing process. The album is growing on me. I got the official copy yesterday :)...And welcome back, Lechium :D

That makes sence. Jambi is straight up Meshuggah song with volume turned down, and bass turned up.
Their song structures are becoming very Opeth'ish too... I wonder if Tool should be refered to as a Sweedish band now, since, really, that's what they're trying to be lol
I'm still contumplating if this album is worth my money, however. Need to buy some more Melt Banana first lol

Dogstar 05-04-2006 01:56 PM

Yes, I've only heard one Meshuggah CD, but I did notice the prominence of the bass on this disc. Also, I'm not sure I see the Opeth structure as much, as there is far more loud/soft/loud/soft in Opeth, with all of the growling death-metalish stuff. Opeth's music sounds fuller and more orchestral than Tool's as well. I did catch a few harmonies that reminded me a bit of Opeth, though.

Lechium 05-05-2006 03:54 AM

I was talking about Opeth's song structure, espcially songs from their older CD's, like Morningrise (if you dont have Morningrise -- buy it, their best CD, just ahead of My Arms, Your Hearce IMO). The structures are somewhat similar.

Slower songs are pure Tool thou. The song about Monkeys is pure genious I tell ya.

Dogstar 05-05-2006 04:29 AM

Yep, that's my favorite one, actually. Right In Two., it's called. For Opeth, I have Blackwater Park (I just got this one), Ghost Reveries, Damnation and Deliverance.

Lechium 05-05-2006 01:18 PM

Ah. Good stuff. "Bleak" is probably their best heavy song, and "Harvest" is the same for mellow ones. Morningrise, MYAH and Still Life are IMO their best 3CD's however, so I strongly suggest getting these. Their new stuff is very good, but they dont even come close to those three albums -- later albums have better standout tracks (Deliverance would alone make CD worth a buy after all), but older ones have more consistency IMO

Dogstar 05-05-2006 04:39 PM

Yes, all of those are on my list. I will get them eventually. Got to save up :D

Lechium 05-05-2006 04:53 PM

Hah, ther're worth the wait.
As negative as I am, i cant say anything bad about older Opeth CDs.

Dogstar 05-05-2006 08:03 PM

LOL :D. I do love Damnation for a change of pace, without the growling. I didn't like the growling at first, but now I'm kind of used to it. I really like their music, though.

Lechium 05-05-2006 08:13 PM

Yeah growling grew on me over time. Used to hate it, but now I miss it, when Ghost Reveries have very little of it. Oh well lol Musically they are amazing I agree.
Katatonia is somewhat close (Opeth's singer used to sing there when they didnt have singer actuallu), but their recent stuff sounds like 1/2 metal 1/2 Cure, which is too whiny for me lol

P.S. check out Fantomas, if you're looking for original/crazy band with singer who's utterly insane (the band has Faith No More's singer, Slayer's drummer, etc). Stay away from Delirium Cordata CD thou.

Dogstar 05-05-2006 08:58 PM

Yeah, isn't it Mike Patton who's with Fantomas? I've heard others recommend them as well. I'll add them to my list ;)

Lechium 05-05-2006 10:26 PM

Yeah its one of countless Patton's projects. Suspended Animation is their best CD IMO, and its packaging is too good. Peeping Tom is Pattons recent 'pop' project. I like it, but I dont see how the hell it is pop. Maybe a bit Gorillaz-like... i have more about it on my las.fm page.