CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thought for the day... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8205)

XenoN 12-15-2004 03:53 PM

Thought for the day...

I'm sitting at home and eating my bowl of cereal at noon (last night was a long night... sheesh), and I'm flipping channels. I come across the highly coveted *cough*sarcasm*cough* MTV, and I'm find "Road Rules: Battle of the Sexes." I started to think a bit...

Wouldn't it be nice if I could sit down and eat breakfast with some music videos in front of me?

Instead, the should-be source of music on television is showing me a chick with syrup being poured onto her to deter any sensations of biting she may feel after a bucket of cockroaches and worms is poured onto her. WTF?!

I start to become entranced, and then look back down at my bowl of cereal, which now looks much less appetizing. Time to flip the channel.

Seriously though, where's the music? I'm sure some executives at Viacom would say, "Oh, the music is there. What do you think is playing in the background?" No, sir. The only thing I'm seeing is cockroaches and this endless plethora of god-forsaken "reality" television. Excuse me while I gag.

I continue flipping, thinking about how cool it would be to check out an Alter Bridge video, or even catch some old school videos like Metallica's "Enter Sandman." Instead, I'm left with CMT (country music television, for those who may not be in the know), but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

So MTV, here's my proposition for you... change the name to RTV. Yes... Reality Television. Because that's what you are. Thanks for ruining my breakfast.

---------
Anyone around here get to enjoy music videos for breakfast?

JulieCitySlicker 12-15-2004 03:56 PM

I hate mtv ;)

Trimontana 12-15-2004 04:02 PM

XenoN do you have Mtv2.....i used to have it before and you can check there great videos...specially from 6pm. Anyway it should be a tv channel dedicated just to play rock videos....wwwooooowww...it would be awesome. Mtv just care about Spears, Nelly, Usher, Alicia keys, Aguilera, destinys.....crap!!!!! and $$$$$$$$$

Rock is the real stuff....the only drug i need everyday. :D

XenoN 12-15-2004 05:41 PM

True dat. No I don't get MTV2 or Fuse... I hear fuse kicks ass.

Trimontana 12-15-2004 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenoN
True dat. No I don't get MTV2 or Fuse... I hear fuse kicks ass.

yeah

Xterminator27 12-15-2004 05:51 PM

This is why I have "Much Loud"

all Rock music videos, 24/7 all day bitches

Trimontana 12-15-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King X
This is why I have "Much Loud"

all Rock music videos, 24/7 all day bitches

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dogstar 12-15-2004 06:11 PM

Meh, TV is a wasteland. Turn on your stereo instead.

Mr.CreedFreakTN 12-15-2004 06:16 PM

VH 1 Classic that plays cool videos as well. I like to watch their metal show, I just can't think of the name right now, but it comes on at 11:00 on Saturday nights and 3:00 everyday during the week. I've seen everything from AC/DC to Krokus, to Strype,r and Warrant . It definately takes me back to good old days. You know whats so funny , you spend all your time wishing you were older when your teenager, and when you finally get older (30's) you spend all your time wishing you could go back to the younger days.

scrit 12-17-2004 08:49 PM

Fuse is really good they try to play bands that arn't as well known. I havnt seen them play alter bridge or creed once tho..........

creedsister 12-17-2004 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
VH 1 Classic that plays cool videos as well. I like to watch their metal show, I just can't think of the name right now, but it comes on at 11:00 on Saturday nights and 3:00 everyday during the week. I've seen everything from AC/DC to Krokus, to Strype,r and Warrant . It definately takes me back to good old days. You know whats so funny , you spend all your time wishing you were older when your teenager, and when you finally get older (30's) you spend all your time wishing you could go back to the younger days.

Ah Yes METAL MANIA :jam: :jam: :jam:

hayley 12-18-2004 02:48 AM

If you flick on any music channel now days, all you see is shit, shit, and more shit. The music world is just overblown with all of that disgusting new-age music, theres nothing good anymore. Fuck the music videos, listen to the CD's

aussiecreeder 12-18-2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Meh, TV is a wasteland. Turn on your stereo instead.

bingo....music and reading is the way to go!