CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jewel Case? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12806)

Trinity 10-29-2009 06:04 PM

Jewel Case?

Is the new cd selling in a jewel case anywhere? I went to HMV yesterday and all they have is the cd/dvd cardboard sleeve and the regular cd in a cardboard sleeve as well. I hate cardboard sleeves! :mad: Is it not selling in jewel case?

rabidgopher04 10-29-2009 06:36 PM

Re: Jewel Case?

Nope, no jewel case.

shadyogrady 10-29-2009 08:55 PM

The CD case sucks. It’s very prone to scratching the disc as you enter and exit the CD from the case. Very poor decision by the band. WTF. They should look at a jewel case from the band Porcupine Tree and see how quality makes the difference even using cardboard. Obviously, the music is important but get for real, the quality of the packaging is very important, particularly if they expect the consumer to pull the disc out on a frequent basis. I've lost some respect for the band and their ability to delegate important responsibilities to those who they pay to manage things like this. If they made this horrible decision, shame on them. I won't pay for another album in this form of packaging. I'll burn a copy from another fan to get my music. Unreal!!

Icedmofo 10-29-2009 09:05 PM

Before you lose respect of the band over bad packaging, there is a good chance that they had no idea or say over how the cd was packaged, that's the label's responsibility, and while they can submit art, they don't really have a voice in how it's delivered or marketed.

This is why some artists form their own labels, more total control over pretty much everything.

Also, managers have nothing to do with how a cd is packaged.

But yeah, jacking them out of their fair share by burning a copy instead of buying it because of something that isn't their fault is totally cool too, that totally makes the situation better and doesn't negate your opinion. /end sarcasm

Agent D 10-29-2009 09:13 PM

Yeah, it's the label's fault, not Creed's and yes, the case sucks.

00iceman 10-29-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadyogrady
I'll burn a copy from another fan to get my music. Unreal!!

Obviously just making an excuse to be cheap and not support the band. You are not a Creed fan. Why don't you stop wasting web space with your posts and go burn a copy of a Ween album or some other garbage to listen to. :mad1:

pricey.21 10-29-2009 10:35 PM

Oh no its the end of the world!

nickmiller71 10-29-2009 10:37 PM

I actually like the case...it looks classy.

King Oropher 10-29-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00iceman
Obviously just making an excuse to be cheap and not support the band. You are not a Creed fan. Why don't you stop wasting web space with your posts and go burn a copy of a Ween album or some other garbage to listen to. :mad1:

Lmao

nagpo 10-29-2009 11:29 PM

people still buy CDs?

Agent D 10-29-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
people still buy CDs?

Believe it or not haha.

Higher_Desire 10-29-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
people still buy CDs?

When they actually support a band, yes they do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadyogrady
The CD case sucks. It’s very prone to scratching the disc as you enter and exit the CD from the case... I'll burn a copy from another fan to get my music. Unreal!!

Why don't you just get it and put it in your own jewel case if you're that concerned about it?

rabidgopher04 10-30-2009 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
When they actually support a band, yes they do.

One can also support a band through iTunes or any other .mp3 vendor.

BSC 10-30-2009 04:57 AM

What is a jewel case??

Sorry, I know that was a noob question.

Steve 10-30-2009 08:06 AM

I'd rather have a physical copy of the original CD... but I guess I'm just a "collector" and "completest."