CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   World Cup 2006 (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10921)

King Oropher 04-30-2006 02:00 PM

World Cup 2006

Sorry guys it's soccer/ football not AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!!:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp 04-30-2006 06:35 PM

Re: World Cup 2006

Here we are counting the days for World Cup !!!! ;)

SecretWeapon 04-30-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Oropher
Sorry guys it's soccer/ football not AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!!:rolleyes:

Ah, but American football might be better though. :D :razz:

Robin101 05-01-2006 07:03 AM

I was going to start a thread about the World Cup with 30 days to go.....seems like someone beat me to it.

Without even a shred of blind patriotism I fancy England to go pretty close. If Wayne 'who needs Ronaldinho' Rooney was fully fit I'd really fancy us to win it. Unfortunately it seems the 'curse of the metatarsal' has struck again.
Davis Beckham broke his before Japan 2002 and I believe the same injury caused Gary Neville to miss a tournament. Also, Michael Owen has just come back from the same injury.

Sven MUST take him. He could be back for the Quarter-Finals and I think we can qualify from the group stage without him. If we progress we should face Germany or Poland - I take us to beat any of them.

However, my money will be on Argentina or Italy.

bobben 05-01-2006 08:16 AM

England have a strong team and I hope that they finally pull their fingers out of themselves and do good, but I think Germany will surprise everyone! They have strong players in every position, especially Ballack. He's the best player in the world together with Ronaldinho. His problem has so far been that he plays in the wrong league. When he finally join Chelsea or United, he will show everyone his true qualities.

Robin101 05-01-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
England have a strong team and I hope that they finally pull their fingers out of themselves and do good, but I think Germany will surprise everyone! They have strong players in every position, especially Ballack. He's the best player in the world together with Ronaldinho. His problem has so far been that he plays in the wrong league. When he finally join Chelsea or United, he will show everyone his true qualities.

Rumour has it that Ballack will be joining Chelsea this Summer.

Germany should do well - they normally do. However, if we play them (and we could in the second round) I 'd strongly fancy us to beat them.
Brazil don't scare me either. I don't think they're as strong this year as they have been. They normally come to every World Cup with an outstanding striker and I don't think they possess one of the same calibre as Romario or a Ronaldo in his prime - maybe Adriano.

England are very strong. Our midfield of Beckham, Cole, Gerrard and Lampard is probably the best in International football and our strikeforce of Owen and Rooney (hopefully back for KO stages) is sensational. Ferdinand, Neville and Terry are all reliable and Ashley Cole could be heading for Real Madrid.

Argentina are the strongest South American team and Italy are a great 'dark horse' bet.

Ana4Stapp 05-01-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
Brazil don't scare me either. I don't think they're as strong this year as they have been. They normally come to every World Cup with an outstanding striker and I don't think they possess one of the same calibre as Romario or a Ronaldo in his prime - maybe Adriano.

:eek: You know...I think you keep putting funny posts...:D

Ana4Stapp 05-01-2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
Argentina are the strongest South American team

But this post is not only funny but...absurd!!!!:eek: :eek: Rememeber argentina team in the last cup -- 2002??? Ridiculous!!!!!! Remember Brazil ??????;)

Robin101 05-02-2006 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
But this post is not only funny but...absurd!!!!:eek: :eek: Rememeber argentina team in the last cup -- 2002??? Ridiculous!!!!!! Remember Brazil ??????;)

That was the last World Cup. A lot has changed since then - especially Ronaldo's weight.
Does any aeroplane accommodate a man of his size?
Is any toothbrush adequately proportioned to clean his teeth?

If you progress to the second round (and you will) you will probably play either Czech Republic or....Italy. If you play Italy - you will lose!! :crying: :crying:

Hush now darling
Don't you cry
Every little thing's gonna be alright
Hush little child you will be OK
When David Beckham lifts the Jules Rimet

Sublime
Sublime

Robin101 05-02-2006 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp

2002...2002...oh yes, I remember that World Cup - Ronaldinho's fluke goal against England. Wait a minute, something else is coming back to me - a big, fat man coaching Brazil. What was his name? That's it...PHIL SCOLARI.

The same man who 'choked' when offered the biggest job in world football. The same man who couldn't handle the pressure of the english media. The same man who has a streak running down his back the same colour as his nations shirt!! What a wimp!! I'm glad we didn't hire him.

Ana4Stapp 05-02-2006 09:14 PM

Yeah...England has a great team...certainly the best english team of all times --better than the team who won the 1966 Cup.

Italy has a very strong team -mostly physically but with no much technic ...

Argentina is also a great team but they only have two great players ...but of course they are always favorites...

Brazil however has a difference --our team has very good players ain all positions...starting with the goalkeeper Dida and also Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Zé Roberto, Kaká, Juninho Pernanbucano, Ronaldinho and ending with Ronaldo. ;)

RMadd 05-03-2006 01:13 PM

USA's got a pretty good squad... Bruce Arena thinks it's even better than in '02, when we barely missed out on the semis. i'm definitely going to be watching as much of it as i can. i'm one of only a handful of Americans who actually loves the sport.

Ana4Stapp 05-03-2006 02:04 PM

Yeah..US had a good team in 2002 Cup.

Robin101 05-03-2006 06:49 PM

Unfortunately, Wayne Rooney has fractured more than one bone in his foot and IS going to miss the World Cup. It's a shame, not only for England, but the competition itself. The world is not going to see his amazing talent on the biggest stage.

However, here is our new secret weapon (:D ) - Peter Crouch. He's 6ft 7in (1.98m) tall.

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag...06/crouch2.jpg

This has severely dented our chances of winning. Every World Cup winning side, no matter how good, have one 'special' player and he was ours.

RMadd - great to see an American who appreciates 'the beautiful game'. USA are rapidly developing into a very talented force in world football.

Ana, Brazil have a very talented side - they have and always will. But this is the best chance the rest of the world have had in a while to upset them. I strongly fancy a european side to be successful. The climate will not be to the South American's advantage and I don't consider them unbeatable. Saying that, they deserve to be the favourites.

My money is going to be on Italy and Argentina. For top goalscorer, the finest player in the world today - Thierry Henry. Our top scorer will probably be Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard - he knows how to belt one.

Ana4Stapp 05-04-2006 07:16 AM

You know what? I m not so cofident in Brazil's success in this Cup...but you know...here we 'breath' soccer right? lol --So the World Cup is like something 'sacred'...and we are counting the days ...

But my opinions are Italy, Germany or maybe Argentina...not much different of waht you said...lol