CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fan clubs, to join or not to join? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5445)

TeriB19 01-06-2004 07:02 PM

Fan clubs, to join or not to join?

Ok, I just looked into joining the Duran Duran fan club because of this particular feature. Other than a members only section that some have not been very happy about (no pics posted when they were promised) there don't appear to have other perks (pre-sale tix ARE available though for shows). No magazine, no posters, no autographed memorabilia, no bumper stickers. Nothing else. Please vote, would you join for the opportunity to possibly meet a band (not necessarily Duran Duran, insert any band you'd be really into here)? I'd like some opinions as well. Thanks!

The Duran Duran Fan Community is $35 per year and the biggest benefit is the offering of the following:
Duran Duran VIP Ticket Packages are $295 US and include:

- 1 Premium Ticket of either:

- 1 Standing Room Ticket with Early Access to the Venue to secure your spot right up front (London, Manchester, Birmingham)
or
- 1 Ticket with a seat in the 1st 5 rows

- 2 complimentary drinks during the pre-show party
- A commemorative VIP laminate
- An exclusive ‘members only’ merchandise item
- A CHANCE TO MEET THE BAND! 1-2 winners will be selected at every venue to have their picture taken with the band and a memorabilia item (within reason) signed. Winners will be contacted before the night of the show.

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-06-2004 07:26 PM

I would join! But that's me! It sounds like it would be a great opputunity to meet them plus you get the ticket packages. It doesn't seem like that much money. You spent more to join Creed and unfortunately they don't give you much either. You get a t-shirt and a mag but they don't have ticket packages so Why Not!? Do it Teri!

JenRN 01-06-2004 10:24 PM

If it is a band I really like then yeah I would do it. If I was guarenteed great seats and backstage events, hell I would pay the big bucks for sure! :D

TeriB19 01-06-2004 10:25 PM

I like the fact that at every venue 1-2 members that purchased VIP packages will be drawn to meet the band. Even if I don't get to meet them, at least I'm guaranteed a spot down front. Ticketmaster lately has given me CRAP.

marlsy 01-07-2004 04:05 PM

I voted no only because mainly I have bigger priorities than meeting bands. Yeah it would be awsome but it's not THAT important to me. Maybe if I was rich and had money to blow!!

GoodGodGirl23 01-07-2004 05:04 PM

Same here Marlsy

JulieCitySlicker 01-07-2004 05:17 PM

I have a friend from another board that got her husband a membership to the Metallica (sp) fan club and it was gonna take 10 weeks for them to ship anything out :confused: I don't think they are worth it to me, but thats my opinion.

TeriB19 01-07-2004 06:00 PM

Well given the option of buying the package or feeding the kiddies, I'd go for the feeding option. But if I had a few extra hundred to blow, I'd go for it.

JulieCitySlicker 01-07-2004 06:09 PM

Good call Teri ;)

Dogstar 01-07-2004 06:15 PM

Heh, I'm a little late on this one, but for me, I only join if it's a band a I really like or if I have a shot at presale seats. I don't really care about meeting the band, but it all depends on what you want.

hayley 01-07-2004 06:55 PM

Yeah same here, it would only be worth it if it was a band that you were really into. I voted yes, but that's just my opinion. To me it would be worth the money if it meant there was a possibility of meeting the band. :

Sheila63 01-07-2004 07:14 PM

If I really liked the band, I would join.