CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9012)

Muad'Dib 04-21-2005 07:43 AM

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

Managed to download the leaked album last night, anyone else got hold of it yet? I think it will take a while to grow on me, had a few listens of it. You Know What You Are, Right Where It Belongs, Getting Smaller and Every Day Is Exactly The Same are my favourites so far.

While at first it doenst seem as good as previous releases, I think it will grow on me more I listen. Cant wait to see the new songs performed live!!

aussiecreeder 04-21-2005 09:32 AM

i'll resist the urge to download the rest of the album as i already downloaded one song. i'll buy the album when it comes out....speaking of which when is it released again?

Muad'Dib 04-21-2005 09:42 AM

May 2nd in Australia.

aussiecreeder 04-21-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
May 2nd in Australia.

okay cool i'll highly consider that to be the next album i pick up......

Muad'Dib 04-21-2005 10:15 AM

Its fucking great, still listening to it!

Dogstar 04-21-2005 11:59 AM

I downloaded it, too, and I'm really liking it! It's weird, at first it sounded a little stock and what-not, but the more I listen to it the more I discover. I have three bootlegs with some of the new stuff performed and it sounds awesome live, especially You Know What You Are.
I love that one and my other favorites so far are Only, All the Love in the World, Right Where It Belongs, Every Day Is Exactly the Same and Love Is Not Enough.
The lyrics seem a tad cliche and redundant in some parts, but overall, I'm really digging it. The man can write a catchy hook. I've had All the Love in the World stuck in my head since yesterday, hehehe.
I really like the piano and drumming throughout this album.
The only songs I'm not crazy about are the single and Beside You In Time. That last one has potential, but it's so repetitive at the outset and it takes too long to get to the best part, which is about the last minute of the song.

Muad'Dib 04-22-2005 05:41 AM

Yeah Beside You In Time hasnt grown on me as of yet, takes too long to get going. Loving The Collector today! Overall I still dont think it will reach the heights of The Downward Spiral or The Fragile, but a good album none the less.

Dogstar 04-22-2005 11:16 AM

I'm loving Sunspots. That has such a cool bass line. And I like the lyrics in that one. Beside You In Time starts off OK, but it does take forever to get going. I don't know, it's just not that engaging of a song for me. The Collector isn't one of my favorites, but I don't hate it or anything. I haven't skipped any of the songs yet, so that's a good sign, as I've been listening to it every day :D.

Dogstar 05-04-2005 01:17 AM

So, Muad'Dib, did you get your official copy yesterday? I had preordered the dual disc. I haven't checked out the DVD stuff. I'm a little disappointed there's no booklet with lyrics and liner notes, though. You apparently have to go to nin.com for a PDF of all the words. What sucks is, I don't have a printer...boooo.

aussiecreeder 05-04-2005 02:27 AM

i can half-understand not having lyrics but why not liner notes? i'll have to get this at some stage but i must force myself no more albums for another month! lol

Muad'Dib 05-04-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
So, Muad'Dib, did you get your official copy yesterday? I had preordered the dual disc. I haven't checked out the DVD stuff. I'm a little disappointed there's no booklet with lyrics and liner notes, though. You apparently have to go to nin.com for a PDF of all the words. What sucks is, I don't have a printer...boooo.

Not til next week heh! Cant afford it this week :( Have you looked at the PDF? Ive seen screenshots, looks like alot of interesting stuff, hidden songs and all.

My opinion of the album has lowered though to be honest. Its nowhere near as good as his other stuff, but alot better then the shit out there now by other artists. Ill still buy it, just dont think it will grow on me as much as the others did. I can see why its different though with Reznor being much happier and all the music was bound to be a change from previous albums.

Dogstar 05-04-2005 11:51 AM

No, I haven't looked at the PDF yet. Hidden songs? I did check out the DVD stuff later and it was OK. They have the THTF video, clips of other videos and songs from the Body of Work category that is set up like the one on nin.com and the whole album in surround sound (which I don't have) or stereo on the DVD side. They also have remixes of THTF.
I was hoping for more video stuff, but alas, no such luck. There is probably a bunch of hidden stuff that I'm too clueless to find, hehehe.

This album is definitely a departure from his other stuff, but I'm still really enjoying it. I see what you mean, though, about his coming from a happier place and thus, the music is different. I think it would be lame of him to try to force something that wasn't there, so if it's honest, that's good. A lot of people thought he was forcing things on The Fragile, but given what he's now saying about his life back then, it seems pretty real. I know that one didn't do as well commercially, but I really like it.

I think it was Maynard from Tool who said if you can't heal from writing music, what's the point?

Muad'Dib 05-05-2005 03:16 AM

Yeah I can understand the approach hes taken with the album. I mean its been 5 years since NIN was last in the spotlight, suppose he needed something more accessible that will get him on radio, MTV more.

Your right bout forcing something that wasnt there. There is still alot of the trademark NIN in the songs, just dont think musically it stands up well as compared to others.

Dogstar 05-05-2005 03:44 AM

That may be, but damn, there's some catchy stuff on there. I think the music sounds peppier or happier or something, maybe lighter in mood. I heard tonight that they did Every Day Is Exactly The Same for the first time. I think the show was in Colorado. This guy on another board also said they did SIN!!!! *megadrool* and Something I Can Never Have! I'm glad he's adding some more of the newer stuff. I really want to hear Sunspots live. I think that would kick ass.

Muad'Dib 05-05-2005 12:18 PM

Yeah I dont mind Sunspots, from there on in the album I love. Id love to see The Fragile, Heresy and Into The Void played live, some of my favourites!