CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed's Windup Contract (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6647)

Mr. Prophet Man 05-21-2004 11:10 AM

Creed's Windup Contract

OK so this project is over pretty much. But what sucks is their contract.. I'm pretty sure Creed couldve made more records , they only did 3 for crying out loud.

Echelon122 05-21-2004 01:09 PM

I heard that their record deal was for 3, and WU had the option to renew and they did...for 4 more.

I'm guessing that they probably renegotiated them to have their projects count towards the "creed" total.

Trees of Wisdom 05-21-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echelon122
I heard that their record deal was for 3, and WU had the option to renew and they did...for 4 more.

I'm guessing that they probably renegotiated them to have their projects count towards the "creed" total.

Creed has a 7-record deal with Wind-up.

Delirium 05-21-2004 06:20 PM

I dont know about everyone else but i think Creed shouldve quit while they were ahead.... i mean, what the hell was that weathered crap? the first 2 tracks were good, the rest were fluffied up.

Echelon122 05-21-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Creed has a 7-record deal with Wind-up.

3 then renew for 4 = 7 ;)

Higher_Desire 05-22-2004 03:14 AM

OK, so check my math:
3 record deal: My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered
4 record renewal - Solo projects counting: AlterBridge, Stapp, Creed Compilation

What am I missing? I only count 3 counting towards the 4. What is the other one?

H-D :jam:

aussiecreeder 05-22-2004 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
OK, so check my math:
3 record deal: My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered
4 record renewal - Solo projects counting: AlterBridge, Stapp, Creed Compilation

What am I missing? I only count 3 counting towards the 4. What is the other one?

H-D :jam:

Alter Bridge's or Stapp's next album? just as long as there is not another greatest hits package on top of the compilation album. it better not become the farce that has become of the constant AIC greatest hits releases (no offence dogstar! :) ) they have almost as many greatest hits albums as studio albums.

Mr.CreedFreakTN 05-22-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium
I dont know about everyone else but i think Creed shouldve quit while they were ahead.... i mean, what the hell was that weathered crap? the first 2 tracks were good, the rest were fluffied up.

I hate to disagree with you my friend, but that Weathered crap as you call it , got more airplay than any of their previous cd's. I liked it.

aussiecreeder 05-22-2004 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
I hate to disagree with you my friend, but that Weathered crap as you call it , got more airplay than any of their previous cd's. I liked it.

airplay and sales don't really matter but i'm with you i really like weathered!

Mr. Prophet Man 05-22-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
airplay and sales don't really matter but i'm with you i really like weathered!

weathered was ok, i wish they made albums that had the same formula as MOP as in darker lyrics and heavier riffs

aussiecreeder 05-22-2004 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man
weathered was ok, i wish they made albums that had the same formula as MOP as in darker lyrics and heavier riffs

why do you want the same formula? would that no bore you?

Echelon122 05-22-2004 11:16 AM

There were somethings about Weathered that I liked compared to the other albums...some I didn't. I don't think the "I love/I hate Weathered" "discussion" will ever die. :lol

Maybe the mystery #7 will be the DVD...wouldn't that be nice.

velocityidp 05-22-2004 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN

Who cares if it got more airplay? I thought it was the first nail in Creed's coffin... commercialized, pop-ized, and lyrically flat/repetitive. Musically it was not-too-bad, though.

Definately their worst offering.

Bridge of Clay 05-22-2004 08:12 PM

Colin: you're missing the DVD.

It was supposed to happen, but then 4 "fans" decided to sue their band...

ibleedpurple 05-22-2004 08:23 PM

I'm still not holding my breath for the compilation CD, although that would be a great way to delay the news of the breakup and milk some more money out of the fans.