CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hockey - Sweden vs. USA (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6532)

The Lithium 05-08-2004 09:14 AM

Hockey - Sweden vs. USA

Later tonight Sweden play against USA in the semifinal in the Hockey World Championship. And I figured it might could be fun to talk about the match, 'cause I'm from Sweden, and most of you are from USA.

Last time Sweden met USA Sweden pretty much ruled that game. That was Park exakt words after the match. While Sweden ruled their quarter final against Lithuania, (4-1), USA had a winner heart, and made all Czechs in the whole world disappointed, (2-3).

TONIGHT, we'll see who's the "very" best! Sweden or USA?

JulieCitySlicker 05-08-2004 01:03 PM

Thats nice :rolleyes:

The Lithium 05-08-2004 01:44 PM

Yeah, it's just 30 minutes left to go now! Can't wait!!

Lechium 05-08-2004 02:12 PM

Sweeden has been traditionaly better than US when it comes ot hockey, so why is there even a discussion?

Steve 05-08-2004 02:26 PM

Forget world hockey... my Milwaukee Admirals are making a run for the Calder Cup in the AHL!!! We beat Cincinatti in the first round of the playoffs 4 games to 3. We are now playing are arch rival the Chicago Wolves. Currently we're up 2 games to 0!!! Game 3 tonight in Chicago!!! GO ADMIRALS!! :D

benkenobi 05-08-2004 02:30 PM

Lechium,

Because the great thing about sports is it never has to go a "traditional" way. In 1980 the USA hockey team beat USSR. Everybody knows that story. We were the certain underdogs and shocked the world by beating the Soviet team.

RMadd 05-08-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
Lechium,

Because the great thing about sports is it never has to go a "traditional" way. In 1980 the USA hockey team beat USSR. Everybody knows that story. We were the certain underdogs and shocked the world by beating the Soviet team.

but i'll have to agree w/ Lech on this one.... things were alot different back in 1980... hell, it didn't matter that it was "only" the Olympic semifinal game... it was an epic match-up that was fueled mainly by the Cold War... by that point probably the only place the Soviet Union was superior to the US was athletics, in particular, hockey... so that was a pretty big blow, i would imagine.... fast forward to today... most Americans still don't give a rats ass about hockey, and most that do primarily care about either the NHL or, to a lesser degree, the Olympics... the World Championships of Hockey are not a big to-do stateside... but hey, here's to hoping the US kicked some ass anyway?

Lechium 05-08-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
Lechium,

Yeah, that was one isolated event.
For last man decades best hokey teams had been: Russia, Sweeden, Finland, Czeck Republic, Canada. US has always been decent, but aside of little bit here and there, was never a top team.
That's just the way it is. That's why most of top NHL players are not Americans.

The Lithium 05-08-2004 03:50 PM

It's just on peroid left now and Sweden leads with 1-3. Canada won their semifinal, so maybe Sweden and Canada will play in final again. (They did last year, and Canada beated Sweden in sudden death).

Xterminator27 05-08-2004 06:01 PM

Canada kicks everyones ass in hockey

JulieCitySlicker 05-08-2004 06:42 PM

Oh boy :rolleyes: Laty dah, who cares if Sweden beat Us IN HOCKEY :wtf:

Like we could give a flying fluck :rolleyes:

The Lithium 05-09-2004 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27

Hah, we'll see about that tonight! I got a good feeling Sweden will win this match and gold!! I mean, we have Peter Forsberg, Nicklas Ledström, Per Johan Axelsson, Daniel Tjärnqvist, Hendrik Lundqvust, Daniel Alfredsson, Johan Höglund, etc, etc. Those players are awesome!!

Higher_Desire 05-09-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Then why did they not win the gold in the olympics again until 2002? It was 50 years since there last gold medal olympic win. It was a great game (Canada vs. USA). I still have it on tape.

H-D :dead:

Xterminator27 05-09-2004 05:47 PM

yhea we won by 5-2

OWNED

RMadd 05-09-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

OWNED

hmmm.... but Colin does have a valid point, why it took so long for Canada to win another gold in Olympic hockey. i won't doubt that y'all Canades are crazy for hockey. saw a pic on collegehumor.com of some Canadian police using hockey sticks to poke around on a site in some thick brush. funny stuff.