CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   To All Guitar Players!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=748)

Creed23 12-04-2002 04:21 PM

To All Guitar Players!!!

As some of you may have noticed, when Mark plays one last breath live he changed the very last part. He changes most songs but this one i just cant figure it out. If someone can tell me the tab or somewhere that i could get it let me know. And if someone need help with a Creed song just ask.;)

hide_tremonti 12-15-2002 06:55 AM

He just plays what he plays half way through the riff.
Which is:

G
|-------------3-2-|
|---------3-------|
|-----0-----2-----|
|---0---0---------|
|-----------------|
|-3---------------|

:)
cheers

Bridge of Clay 12-15-2002 01:28 PM

yeah...
I canīt play higher... I got the tabs, but it just sounds weird...

and I canīt set that DADADD tunning :(

CollectiveSoul 12-18-2002 05:01 PM

Higher was the first song i ever could paly and it sounds right to me and the DADADD tuning is fucked up but i actaully got it to work after i put new strings in. its a nice tuning where you can improvise a lot

Bridge of Clay 12-18-2002 05:27 PM

Re: To All Guitar Players!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Creed23
As some of you may have noticed, when Mark plays one last breath live he changed the very last part.  He changes most songs but this one i just cant figure it out.  If someone can tell me the tab or somewhere that i could get it let me know.  And if someone need help with a Creed song just ask.;)

I have a question... when Mark plays OLB live, what does he do in the violins part? I couldnīt get the chords... I think is D, B, G but Iīm not sure...

And the version he played of DSD @ Olympics, the intro, he played around G... what is it? I didnīt get it either

Creed23 12-19-2002 01:37 PM

Thank you so much hide_tremonti. that ending sounds so much better. And also, higher is in dropped d tuning. dadgbe. the song is easy if you can stretch about 4 frets. dadadd is an awsome tuning too anything sounds good in it. It is what faceless man and my sacrifice are played in. Tremonti loves dropped d though. about 90% of the songs are in it. Thanks again.:angel: :dancing:

hide_tremonti 12-27-2002 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Creed23
Thank you so much hide_tremonti.  that ending sounds so much better.  And also, higher is in dropped d tuning.  dadgbe.  the song is easy if you can stretch about 4 frets.  dadadd is an awsome tuning too anything sounds good in it.  It is what faceless man and my sacrifice are played in.  Tremonti loves dropped d though.  about 90% of the songs are in it.  Thanks again.:angel: :dancing:

Yeah, for that D verse chord in Higher, you gotta stretch 4 frets, which shouldn't give you any trouble. Higher is in Drop D, but it can be modified for Open D5 tuning.

Open D5 Tuning is used for: Are You Ready, Faceless Man, My Sacrifice and Weathered.

hide_tremonti 12-27-2002 05:52 AM

Re: Re: To All Guitar Players!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
I have a question... when Mark plays OLB live, what does he do in the violins part? I couldnīt get the chords... I think is D, B, G but Iīm not sure...

And the version he played of DSD @ Olympics, the intro, he played around G... what is it? I didnīt get it either

Off the top of my head (I don't have a guitar with me...I'm on holiday)

|--3-3-3----------3-3-3-----------|
|--3-3-3----------3-3-3-----------|
|--0-0-0----------0-0-0-----------|
|--0-0-0----------2-2-0-----------|
|--2-2-0----------3-3-2-2h3p2----|
|--3-3-2-2h3p2--------------------|

That's just a rough tab, play around with those chords, try different strums, etc.
And repeat that throughout the verse.

Bridge of Clay 12-27-2002 04:33 PM

now I got it! thanks!

I was playing the C chord the regular way...thatīs why!

hide_tremonti 12-28-2002 05:59 AM

Cadd9 chord I think.