CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Scott Stapp and....Jamie Foxx? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7031)

aussiecreeder 07-10-2004 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Don't be confused :)

As of right now, The Tea Party worked with Scott on his Relearn Love song, which will be the first single off the Passion of the Christ CD. They were in the recording studio with Scott. So, I'm assuming that means they played on the song, as well as probably doing back-up vocals.

Any further collaboration was depending on The Tea Party's touring schedule.

ummm i'm not so sure as i got this from chart attack in canada (start of the article as the rest is irrevelant here).

After nearly 10 years together, Creed is no more. But Scott Stapp has vowed to go on, with The Tea Party standing behind him.

Stapp has gone back into the studio and is currently working on a solo album with hip-hop producer 7 Aurelius and his new backing band, The Tea Party. Yes, our Tea Party — Stapp and Jeff Martin are at last working as one. Before we see that gem, Stapp will provide a track on an album filled with songs inspired by The Passion Of The Christ, due out August 31.

this seems to point to them being the backing band for the entire album but perhaps that is not the case. i would like them to be the backing band for the entire album. he is going to need a backing band anyway and it may as well be a talented band such as them, plus martin's backing vocals will be very good.

Shadow 07-10-2004 08:48 AM

When is that article from? According to an article in June, the information differed. Here is just a portion of the article.

The Windsor Star

Thursday, June 17, 2004

The Tea Party are in it for the long haul. At least that's the take of drummer Jeff Burrows. When everyone else is mum about the LaSalle band's plans, you can usually rely on Burrows to tell it like it is.

"I want to scotch the rumours about us breaking up right here and now," Burrows said this week.

The band's demise is just one of several scenarios suggested by recent developments, including a highly publicized recording session with former Creed frontman Scott Stapp.

A single, Relearn Love, under Stapp's name, was scheduled to be released this week as part of a compilation album inspired by the film The Passion of the Christ. Burrows said a second recording with Stapp was also in the plans, to be recorded in Miami, but nothing firm had been decided beyond that.

FRIENDS

"We're friends with Scott Stapp," Burrows said. "This was a chance to make a record with someone of his stature."

An wire story about the breakup of Creed stated Stapp would make a solo album with The Tea Party. That led to speculation Stapp and The Tea Party would team up under a different name.

But Burrows denied the rumour, saying future work with Stapp will depend on his being available and The Tea Party's own promotional plans for their seventh studio album, The Seven Circles, due later this summer.

aussiecreeder 07-10-2004 11:08 AM

umm that is a little confusing, the chart attack article is from june the 4th. so what happened to it being released last month (his song)? if the tea party are not going to be his backing band for the rest of the album who is? a relatively unknown band?

ctfan 07-10-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiclover291
Also I notice later in some interviews that Mark and Flip tried to back down and say it was not Stapp fault for the break up but the damage has already has been done. It is really very interesting to see how it will all play out at the end.

I agree, and I can't speak for everyone, but I know for me...but that's one thing that turned me off about Alter Bridge.

Ann Allusion 07-10-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

if the tea party are not going to be his backing band for the rest of the album who is? a relatively unknown band?

whoever the backing band is, as long as they are good...i don't think it would matter if they were known or unknown...as long as they can fit with what stapp is trying to express with his music...it's going to be :smokin:

Shadow 07-10-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
umm that is a little confusing, the chart attack article is from june the 4th. so what happened to it being released last month (his song)? if the tea party are not going to be his backing band for the rest of the album who is? a relatively unknown band?

I knew that was an error - about Scotts song being released. I sent the editor of the paper an email inquiring about that information and I never got a response.

That information was from a Canadian newspaper.

Bridge of Clay 07-10-2004 02:38 PM

Relearn Love is due August.

They're still picking the tracks. Stapp has the first single.

aussiecreeder 07-11-2004 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Relearn Love is due August.

They're still picking the tracks. Stapp has the first single.

i guess we'll be able to hear the song by early august...can't wait i am very intrigued. does anyone know if this song will also be on his album or just the soundtrack?

hayley 07-11-2004 01:35 AM

I'm very intruged also, I am looking forward to it and am very curious. Anyone know if there has been an exact date set?

aussiecreeder 07-11-2004 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
I'm very intruged also, I am looking forward to it and am very curious. Anyone know if there has been an exact date set?

you mean the album? august 31st...as for his single i have no idea but i guess early august.

hayley 07-11-2004 02:43 AM

Okay, thanks.

Wait, wait wait. This is kinda confusing. Stapp is going to be featured in the Passion of the Christ album, yes? Then he is doing an album with The Tea Party? Is that right? I need to read more on Stapp news, lol.

aussiecreeder 07-11-2004 07:10 AM

Quote:

Okay, thanks.

Wait, wait wait. This is kinda confusing. Stapp is going to be featured in the Passion of the Christ album, yes? Then he is doing an album with The Tea Party? Is that right? I need to read more on Stapp news, lol.

i think now that the tea party are involved in "to relearn love" but its not clear whether they were going to be with the remainder of his solo work.

Shadow 07-11-2004 08:56 AM

Quote:

Okay, thanks.

Hayley, Scott's song Relearn Love was recorded with the Tea Party. As far as we know, that's the only collobration between them (Scott and TP). If you look in a previous post in this thread, I included part of an article regarding this information :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i guess we'll be able to hear the song by early august...can't wait i am very intrigued. does anyone know if this song will also be on his album or just the soundtrack?

If I remember correctly, Scott wrote between 4 and 6 songs for the POC. Relearn Love will probably only be on the POC and not on his solo CD. Some of his other songs might end up on the POC as well.

WeatheredWoman 07-11-2004 10:26 AM

Can't wait to see Scott's site up... I hardly can't wait any longer... I'm getting so darn anxious to hear him sing again! It's taken so long!

Sheila63 07-11-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
Can't wait to see Scott's site up... I hardly can't wait any longer... I'm getting so darn anxious to hear him sing again!

I'm with you, Stef, I can't wait to hear Relearn Love next month!!! :jam: