CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I heard it, this is what I think... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12554)

revisfoot 08-18-2009 04:42 PM

I heard it, this is what I think...

My best friend works for a radio station here in town, and her let me hear "Overcome" this afternoon.

The live version is good, but the production that went into this song is amazing. It's very un-Creedlike, which, in this case, is a good thing. The guys had pretty much niched themselves into a sound with Creed, and I'm sure Kurzweig was a part of that.

"Overcome," has a totally different sound from any Creed song, and from any song the guys have been attached to (Scott's solo stuff, Alter Bridge, etc.).

I, for one, am very happy with this sound. It's a breath of fresh air on rock radio today. Tremonti shows how much of a guitar wizard he is. The timbre set by the drums and bass is amazing.

Scott's delivery of the vocal is energetic and amazing.

This song will catapult Creed back to the top of the ROCK charts. This is not Top-40, WAWO, OLB, DSD, Higher stuff. This is hard, heavy, and new.

I am excited.

mr_seeker_ny 08-18-2009 04:50 PM

Re: I heard it, this is what I think...

I heard the full version of "Overcome" and I am simply blown away. As always, great lyrics, but the band is rockin HARD. Unbelievable solo by Tremonti and this what I wanted on the Weathered album. A much harder and heavier Creed.

nagpo 08-18-2009 04:57 PM

....care to share the song>.<

mr_seeker_ny 08-18-2009 05:00 PM

I heard it on You Tube. There were 3 leaked studio versions all over the site, but Wind Up has since taken them down. And can't post them here anyways...don't want to be banned...LOL.

RangerJim 08-18-2009 05:00 PM

If overcome is this good(which it is) then I wonder what the rest of the record sounds like! Excited to hear more songs from the album.

spyderalex14 08-18-2009 05:04 PM

Is it ok to post mediafire links on this forum? I have a link to the studio version...

mr_seeker_ny 08-18-2009 05:04 PM

"Overcome" sounds amazing and it will definitely win over the critics of the band. This isn't "With Arms Wide Open" or "Don't Stop Dancing". This is Creed going back to rockin hard like "Ode", "Unforgiven", and "What If".

I heard "Full Circle" over the weekend at the 2 concerts I attended in NY and NJ....totally different than "Overcome"...has a little of a blues feel to it, but still ended up rockin the crowd.

I was very content with both songs...I think "Full Circle" could very well be the best album they ever made. We shall see in October....

mr_seeker_ny 08-18-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderalex14
Is it ok to post mediafire links on this forum? I have a link to the studio version...

I don't think its allowed.

Tremontiriffs77 08-18-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Dont do it...They are going after poeple hardcore on this one..Windup is def montoring these boards...

mr_seeker_ny 08-18-2009 05:07 PM

Its not worth it anyways. You can the full studio version at Creed.com at 1pm tomorrow.

RangerJim 08-18-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Just to be safe I wouldn't post any links to leaked songs on the forum. If anyone wants the MP3 send it to them privately.

XALTERBRIDGEX 08-18-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
My best friend works for a radio station here in town, and her let me hear "Overcome" this afternoon.

The live version is good, but the production that went into this song is amazing. It's very un-Creedlike, which, in this case, is a good thing. The guys had pretty much niched themselves into a sound with Creed, and I'm sure Kurzweig was a part of that.

"Overcome," has a totally different sound from any Creed song, and from any song the guys have been attached to (Scott's solo stuff, Alter Bridge, etc.).

I, for one, am very happy with this sound. It's a breath of fresh air on rock radio today. Tremonti shows how much of a guitar wizard he is. The timbre set by the drums and bass is amazing.

Scott's delivery of the vocal is energetic and amazing.

This song will catapult Creed back to the top of the ROCK charts. This is not Top-40, WAWO, OLB, DSD, Higher stuff. This is hard, heavy, and new.

I am excited.

I agree with you 100%. Thats what I love about Creed, They dont sing about getting high, getting drunk, F*king women etc. (its so played out). You can see the passion they have in the lyrics and in thier music and this song will be be number 1 on the rock charts!

Jellybeans003 08-18-2009 07:39 PM

XALTERBRIDGEX, I agree with what you said about Creed not singing about sex, drugs, degrading women, etc. It's nice to go to a concert where I didn't see trashy women for a change! LOL!

My Sacrifice 08-18-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX
I agree with you 100%. Thats what I love about Creed, They dont sing about getting high, getting drunk, F*king women etc. (its so played out). You can see the passion they have in the lyrics and in thier music and this song will be be number 1 on the rock charts!

Amen to that!

nagpo 08-18-2009 09:53 PM

I just heard it on youtube....listened to it 3 times. Probably one of their best songs ever. You can hear all three previous albums in it. I hear what if one moment then freedom fighters and also some MOP. Great, great song.