CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What is your favorite popular "Grunge" band? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8606)

DekWannaBFlea 02-07-2005 02:08 AM

What is your favorite popular "Grunge" band?

Well we have Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam and Nirvana? So do you think?

aussiecreeder 02-07-2005 02:10 AM

I would order them like this....

Pearl Jam
AIC
Soundgarden
STP
Nirvana

DekWannaBFlea 02-07-2005 02:20 AM

Well I voted for Soundgarden, Here is why:

Vocals: Chris Cornell sings like an angel one minute, and like a madman in the next, his highs and lows give me sivers when I hear them, he clearly out powers and has a better range than any of the other "Grunge" vocalists. IF you want "proof" listen to "Slaves and bulldozers" from Badmotorfinger.

Guitar: Tyail is simply a badass, no one can touch him coming from this poll, Black hole sun solo is an amazing piece of music. His unique blend of punk, hard rock and psychedelia is masterful, and ver unqiue compared to the other bands.

Those are two big reasons but if i need to go further i will. I have all of Nirvana's cds, decant but pretty weak compared to the other grunge bands. AIC, I have Dirt and greatest hits, i really don't like the lead singers voice that much, but other than that pretty good. STP, i have all of their albums, the only weakness is the some songs sound the same as some others. Pearly Jam, I have Ten, nothing too unique to me about them except Vedder's voice. So if i had to rate them:

Soundgarden
Stone Temple Pilots
AIC
Nirvana
Pearl Jam

DekWannaBFlea 02-07-2005 02:21 AM

Somebody voted without replying.....Grr, and for Pearl Jam, ugh. lol

fluttergirl 02-07-2005 02:30 AM

do i even need to tell you what i voted for?

DekWannaBFlea 02-07-2005 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
do i even need to tell you what i voted for?

No lol. But you can tell me why if you want....i guess.

Muad'Dib 02-07-2005 05:44 AM

Stone Temple Pilots easily.

Anna1011 02-07-2005 07:45 AM

hmmm.. will get back to ya on that one.

RMadd 02-07-2005 11:34 AM

this was a tricky one, indeed. i only voted b/c i felt obliged to go so. not a huge fan of grunge music. sure, i own a few pearl jam cd's, but i never listen to 'em. i've got music from all those bands, and i'd say i prolly listen to Soundgarden the most, so that's why they got my vote. now, i would've voted for PJ if we were talking only about their first couple albums. Ten's great. But it's all downhill from there, IMO. Nirvana? Hugely overrated.

Torn Daredevil 02-07-2005 12:07 PM

Dammit! I can't decide between STP and Soundgarden. Two of my favorite bands.

I guess I'll vote eventually. I can't vote right now, grrrrrrrrrrrr

Torn Daredevil 02-07-2005 12:09 PM

The only group on that list that I actively dislike is Pearl Jam. I do like a lot of AIC and Nirvana.

Steve 02-07-2005 04:13 PM

My order would be:

Soundgarden
AIC
STP
Pearl Jam
Nirvana

RMadd 02-07-2005 04:30 PM

I like STP a fair amt too. don't listen to much AIC. but i'm glad to see no one's chosen Nirvana thus far

scrit 02-07-2005 06:13 PM

I like all those bands, hard to choose. I'm gonna have to go with Pearl Jam right now just because I'm in the mood to listen to their stuff at the moment.

Higher_Desire 02-07-2005 07:12 PM

NIRVANA ALL THE WAY!

I won't bother writing again about why I love Nirvana, but I'll sum it up by saying... it's because I knew Kurt.

H-D :pimp: