CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   --> [] Scott Stapp needs our support. Write him here. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=739)

velocityidp 12-04-2002 02:29 AM

--> [] Scott Stapp needs our support. Write him here.

Scott Stapp Needs Our Support.
Return the Favor.

Scott's really having a very rough time right now. Many have said he's been acting a little strange on stage, showing us a side of himself that is uncharacteristic. It appears that this is a *real* time of hardship in his family life.

I am organizing a grassroots campaign to collect as many messages of support to Scott and the band as possible. I will print out all the messages I receive and mail them directly to the band. I expect a very large outpouring of support.

Please go to the following website:

http://fox.phpwebhosting.com/~refcoord/stapp

Deadline is DEC 14

Please post this on all Creed msg boards, and email to your friends. PLEASE POST A MSG ON THIS THREAD IF YOU WROTE! It will keep this post bumped.

:crest: Nicholas F. Singh

souldancer 12-04-2002 03:08 AM

THANK YOU for taking the initiative and acting on this need! You can count on me to post and let's rally our passion to show our concern and support!

Also, those of you that have children that are Creed fans - please have them write notes too (include their age). Or, what about having the children's cards/letters/drawings be mailed to him?! I think Scott would be really touched by that - there are lots of CreedKids out there - such a joy to see them with their families at the concerts (will pm you with idea Nicholas)

JenRN 12-04-2002 08:11 AM

Thank you for this opportunity! I have sent out my message!:D

hotforscott 12-04-2002 09:53 AM

My message has been sent. Thanks for the link! Great idea!

TeriB19 12-04-2002 11:11 AM

Just sent along my well wishes. Thanks so much for giving us this opportunity!

Sheila63 12-04-2002 12:53 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just sent my message. What a great idea!!! This is my first time posting to this board and when I saw this thread I couldn't pass up the opportunity to express the love I have for Scott and the band as a whole. They're truly the best band around and although I haven't had the chance to see them live yet, I hope to next summer after they all get some well deserved rest and relaxation!!

hotforscott 12-04-2002 01:38 PM

great post and welcome to the board. they are awesome live, it is truely an experience you will never forget.

whocares 12-04-2002 01:53 PM

family matters

allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset. this is what is called speaking before you know the true facts. allthough im sure this is a difficult time for the family dealing with the incidents of the past few weeks. it is a personal family matter and should be kept that way. anyone who wants to do something nice for scott should direct there appreciation towards the foundations the band supports. i.e. wawo...or any of your local agencies that need your help or even your prayers. take care everyone and thanks for listening

hotforscott 12-04-2002 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
THANK YOU for taking the initiative and acting on this need!  You can count on me to post and let's rally our passion to show our concern and support!

Also, those of you that have children that are Creed fans - please have them write notes too (include their age). Or, what about  having the children's cards/letters/drawings be mailed to him?!  I think Scott would be really touched by that - there are lots of CreedKids out there - such a joy to see them with their families at the concerts  (will pm you with idea Nicholas)

that is a great idea. I can get my kids started after I pick them up from school. i heard somewhere that artwork is their favorite thing to receive. i am sure they would be truely touched by some of the kids drawings.

Kim V. 12-04-2002 02:01 PM

Scott needs our support

Just wanted to let you know I sent a letter of love and support to Scott and Creed. This is such a good idea; he really does need as many people around him supporting him during this difficult time. He's always there for us (through his music) so we should lift him up now; also say some prayers for his health and peace.
:peacelove :wub:

hotforscott 12-04-2002 02:04 PM

Re: family matters

Quote:

Originally posted by whocares
allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset. this is what is called speaking before you know the true facts. allthough im sure this is a difficult time for the family dealing with the incidents of the past few weeks. it is a personal family matter and should be kept that way. anyone who wants to do something nice for scott should direct there appreciation towards the foundations the band supports. i.e. wawo...or any of your local agencies that need your help or even your prayers.  take care everyone and thanks for listening

I feel what you are saying is thoughtful as well, but just as the person who started this thread, this is how he would like to show support. his idea of what to do may vary from yours and that is okay. we do support the WAWO foundation as well and you would know that if you viewed some of the other threads. and as for facts, it would not matter to me, what was said in the media, if one of my fellow creed fans here, posted the day after a show that scott looked very tired worn out then that is all i would need to give him some support. scott and the band are always doing so much for other people that i feel this idea is PERFECT. they need to know who all they have reached and get some direct support from us. i feel scott needs it right now.

Dogstar 12-04-2002 02:05 PM

[quote]Originally posted by whocares
allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset. this is what is called speaking before you know the true facts. allthough im sure this is a difficult time for the family dealing with the incidents of the past few weeks. it is a personal family matter and should be kept that way. anyone who wants to do something nice for scott should direct there appreciation towards the foundations the band supports. i.e. wawo...or any of your local agencies that need your help or even your prayers. take care everyone and thanks for listening [/QUOTE

Well, from what people have seen for themselves at the shows, Scott has chosen to make some of his troubles public by alluding to them during his performances. While he may not have spelled out exactly what happened between him and Hilaree, it's apparent he's feeling the frustration of that along with the maniacal scheduling tour the band have been on all year. People directing their goodwill toward the foundations the band supports is a fine idea as well, but I see nothing wrong with sending a little heartfelt message of concern for a band that have done an amazing amount for people just through their music, not to mention their charities and the myriad meet-and-greets along the way. There's nothing wrong with the fans giving back a little love and appreciation.

TeriB19 12-04-2002 04:32 PM

I agree. We all can support them in whatever way we feel is right for us. There are as many different ways to reach out and show support for the band as there are fans who came to see them in concert this year. We should all do what we feel is the right thing.

souldancer 12-04-2002 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by whocares
allthough i think that the message behind this thread is very thoughtful, i think that making a statement such as scott's a mess on stage or he is falling apart is rediculous. ive read a few of the remarks here made about him and if it was me reading these remarks, id be a bit upset.

Thanks - that's a valid point - the first paragraph on the link does assume a lot, our passion and emotions sometimes do this. NO ONE but Scott really knows the truth. There was a roadie MOnday spitting out stuff that I just did not want to listen to - WHAT IS THE TRUTH? WHO DO YOU BELIVE? We see change on the tour, that is a valid observation - we don;t know the multiple cuauses for what we see, but we all agree that we CARE! Feels good to just do something constructive with those feelings. Maybe the writer could rewrite that first paragraph, in case it would offend Creed staff/members/family,... Take care too.

allison 12-04-2002 05:19 PM

I do think that assuming Scott is near the point of a breakdown may be going a little too far, yes, and maybe that first paragraph should be re-written a little. But I also think that the intentions are purely good and the idea of showing Scott and Creed our unconditional support is great.