CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Random "who cares?" thoughts (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6079)

RMadd 04-24-2004 02:01 PM

just when i was thinking i wouldn't have anything to post in here, i got the following email from my aunt and uncle (beware: it's hella long):

>A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
>
>A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
>
>A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.
>
>A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
>
>A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
>
>A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
>
>A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
>
>A snail can sleep for three years.
>
>Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
>
>All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the
back of the $5 bill.
>
>Almonds are a member of the peach family.
>
>An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
>
>Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child
reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
>
>Butterflies taste with their feet.
>
>Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds. Dogs only have about 10.
>
>"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
>
>February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
>
>In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
>
>If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
>
>If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
>
>It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
>
>Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
>
>Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
>
>No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
>
>On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag.
>
>Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
>
>Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
>
>Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
>
>"Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" with your right.
>
>The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
>
>The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
>
>The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and
a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
>
>The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
>
>The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
>
>The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
>
>There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
>
>There are more chickens than people in the world.
>
>There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous
>
>There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in
>order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
>
>There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.
>
>Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
>
>TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
>
>Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
>
>Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
>
>Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks;
otherwise it will digest itself.

Shadow 04-24-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.

Did somebody actually count the ridges?

Quote:

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
Wish we had more of those. Maybe the kids wouldn't be so cranky.

Quote:

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.
And yet, it seems so much longer

Quote:

No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.
Too bad. My favorite color is purple

Quote:

Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
Interesting

Quote:

The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
I guess no one went over in barrels that winter.

Quote:

The words 'racecar,' 'kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
Don't forget 'radar'. You know that loveable charater from MASH

Quote:

There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous
Unless of course, you're BearFan, where a lot of words end in them. I love when you make up your own words BearFan (i.e. stapparoni - I think that is my favorite)

Wow, that was great BearFan. There is another thread here that Higher Desire (I think) started just recently about useless information. You should put this information there :)

GeeK_2004 04-24-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

>A snail can sleep for three years..

I wish I can/could sleep for three years !!

Higher_Desire 04-24-2004 02:57 PM

I've read a lot of those before. But on the 2nd one, I've heard it was 32 muscles in each hair.

Why don't you post these in the useless information thread I started for things like that?

H-D :suave:

hayley 04-24-2004 08:38 PM

Wow that was long but interesting

creedsister 04-24-2004 10:17 PM

no betty rubble in the flintstone vitamans well ill be damned

Higher_Desire 04-24-2004 11:30 PM

I just saw my school's theatre department's performance of Ubu Roi by Alfred Jarry. And MAN. That play is weird!

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2004 01:11 PM

Hey Everyone!

How are ya?
I'm in a crapy mood today! I stayed home from church today cus we didn't get home till late last night and my brother took his password out of the internet server that doesn't get all of the popups and its faster to, so I am on the one that gets a buttload of pop ups and is slow I'm pretty sure he did it cuz I stayed home to :mad:
I am ticked!!!
Plus its that time of the month, so I am even more mad!
But yesterday we went to this camp where a family from our church was staying,I didn't even really want to go in the first place cuz it was raining, but someone said that it wasn't supposed to rain that much longer. Boy Where They Wrong!!!! It ended up raining all dang day So we decide to go for a walk cuz it had stopped for a little bit, but we didn't get far and then it starts pouring, so we get soaked! I was NOT a happy camper! Cuz for several hours yesterday I was sitting in cold wet clothes!
I would have rather came here and chatted with you guys ;)

hayley 04-26-2004 01:21 AM

Hey Julie! :hugs: Sorry you are feeling crappy, it will be better tomorrow. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed

Ohhh. :( That sucks, get a hot water bottle and eat some chocolate icecream. Well, that always helps me. ;)

Quote:

but we didn't get far and then it starts pouring, so we get soaked! I was NOT a happy camper! Cuz for several hours yesterday I was sitting in cold wet clothes!

Nooo! I hope you don't get sick! :eek:

RMadd 04-26-2004 01:51 AM

Shadow, you're too damn funny!
geez, now that i know someone's paying attention to my words, i'll have to live up to my prior creativiciousness

Sincirr 04-26-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

geez, now that i know someone's paying attention to my words, i'll have to live up to my prior creativiciousness

Crea.....tv....csn......WOH!

And Julie:
CHOCOLATE
And lost of it girl!

And keep everyone the hell away from U. Thats what I try and do. Or I might smack em out, hehe!!!!!

creedsister 04-26-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Hey Julie! :hugs: Sorry you are feeling crappy, it will be better tomorrow. :cool:

Ohhh. :( That sucks, get a hot water bottle and eat some chocolate icecream. Well, that always helps me. ;)

Nooo! I hope you don't get sick! :eek:

Yes julie i know girl you sound like A lot of my days. girl, Haley Chocolate Ice Cream Really :) i will have to try it next time i turn in to mega bi%*&$ch

JulieCitySlicker 04-26-2004 12:45 PM

Thanks guys :D

I'm gonna go to the gym :)

GeeK_2004 04-26-2004 12:49 PM

about to go to lunch...

which I hate going to....

....b/c I have NO ONE to even talk to......

lucky me .....

Higher_Desire 04-26-2004 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeK_2004
about to go to lunch...

which I hate going to....

....b/c I have NO ONE to even talk to......

lucky me .....

Awww. :hugs: I know exactly how you feel. I'd go with you if we lived closer together.

H-D :glasses:

GeeK_2004 04-26-2004 01:27 PM

yea...

I f***ing hate it .....

I wish that lunch was an option...

like...if you didnt want to go ...you just stayed in the class room doing.....what ever...

JulieCitySlicker 04-26-2004 03:46 PM

I worked out at the gym for an hour today :)

hayley 04-27-2004 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
Haley Chocolate Ice Cream Really :) i will have to try it next time i turn in to mega bi%*&$ch

I go physco at almost everything anyone says to me :o :eek:
And yes, chocolate icecream puts me in a better mood...but it has to be real, real rich chocolate icream, and a whole container of it...:laugh: J/k. But it does work for me, taking a bath just makes me madder :rolleyes: It's just something that I love, so you find something that you love and you'll be happy. :D

GeeK_2004 04-27-2004 08:55 AM

school starts too early....why does it have to start early ...in the morning ...???!!!
:mad1: :mad1: :mad: :mad:

Shadow 04-27-2004 12:20 PM

I had a dream last night that I saw the first Alter Bridge video. And then Mark had a baby girl and guess who was taking care of her - Michael, of course :)

JulieCitySlicker 04-27-2004 12:24 PM

I'm going to the gym soon :D

RMadd 04-27-2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

school starts too early....why does it have to start early ...in the morning ...???!!!
:mad1: :mad1: :mad: :mad:

i'm not sure. it makes no sense how they set it up. younger kids, who go to bed earlier and need less sleep than high schoolers, still start school later (at least in my school disctrict back home), allowing them to get a good 10-11 hours of sleep if their parents make 'em go to bed at the proper time... then you've got high schoolers who go to bed later at night, but have to get up so much earlier. it makes no sense at all. that's what i love about college: next semester my earliest class starts at 9 am, and that meets once a week and it's a PE lecture, so i won't even have to go. rest of the week, it's 10:00!

Shadow 04-27-2004 03:01 PM

Quote:

i'm not sure. it makes no sense how they set it up. younger kids, who go to bed earlier and need less sleep than high schoolers, still start school later (at least in my school disctrict back home), allowing them to get a good 10-11 hours of sleep if their parents make 'em go to bed at the proper time... then you've got high schoolers who go to bed later at night, but have to get up so much earlier. it makes no sense at all. that's what i love about college: next semester my earliest class starts at 9 am, and that meets once a week and it's a PE lecture, so i won't even have to go. rest of the week, it's 10:00!

The high school kids in my neighborhood get on the bus at 6:50 every morning. I think that is extremely early - but they are home by 2:00. The smaller kids get on the bus at 8:40 and don't get home until 3:45.

RMadd 04-27-2004 03:07 PM

yeah, Shadow, that sounds about like when i had to ride the bus in high school (fr and soph years). it was a bitch. granted, for marching band, we had rehearsal beginning @ 6:35 every morning from the 2nd day of school all the way through about early november, so i sometimes ended up getting up as early as 5:30... thank god those days are over. in my district, i think the elementary schools get out around 3 or 3:15 (high school was out @ 2:30).

hayley 04-28-2004 04:35 AM

Quote:

school starts too early....why does it have to start early ...in the morning ...???!!! :mad1: :mad1: :mad: :mad:

I know, I am defenitly NOT a morning person, and when I have to get up at 6:50am every morning, well. :mad1: Nah just kidding, i'm not bitchy when I get up but I just hate mornings when you have to get up early.

My school starts at 8:40am every morning, and finishes at 3:15pm every afternoon, I get home at about 4:00pm. School sucks, such a waste of a day :laugh:

RMadd 04-28-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

My school starts at 8:40am every morning, and finishes at 3:15pm every afternoon, I get home at about 4:00pm. School sucks, such a waste of a day :laugh:

tsk tsk school is fun!

Higher_Desire 04-29-2004 01:21 PM

Good News: I got my tax refund in the mail today. 62 whole dollars! Woo!

Bad News: My left nut hurts.

H-D :dorky:

hayley 04-30-2004 10:28 PM

Quote:

tsk tsk school is fun!

Yeah because I get to see my friends, but apart from that school stinks. :laugh: Oh well I only have to wait until the end of this year then i'm leaving. :thumbsup: Nah school isn't that bad really, I just think it's getting boring, I want to do my course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Bad News: My left nut hurts.

Holy hell, what happened? :eek:

Creed_Defaultgirl 04-30-2004 11:36 PM

Quote:

Hey Everyone!

How are ya?
I'm in a crapy mood today! I stayed home from church today cus we didn't get home till late last night and my brother took his password out of the internet server that doesn't get all of the popups and its faster to, so I am on the one that gets a buttload of pop ups and is slow I'm pretty sure he did it cuz I stayed home to :mad:
I am ticked!!!
But yesterday we went to this camp where a family from our church was staying,I didn't even really want to go in the first place cuz it was raining, but someone said that it wasn't supposed to rain that much longer. Boy Where They Wrong!!!! It ended up raining all dang day So we decide to go for a walk cuz it had stopped for a little bit, but we didn't get far and then it starts pouring, so we get soaked! I was NOT a happy camper! Cuz for several hours yesterday I was sitting in cold wet clothes!
I would have rather came here and chatted with you guys ;)

That sucks. It's almost like during that certian week people seem to annoy me the most!!! :rolleyes: If it's possible, I just try to get away from people, read a book, or something so I don't gripe at them as much. And then, sometimes it's kinda fun to gripe at them, just when they make ya mad, then it takes the pressure off your mind, then I feel better!

creedsister 05-01-2004 04:17 AM

Hey girls

we need to start a thread like today I stared my period and remind each other of when we start and finsh :D And call it I LOVE MY PERIOD THREAD!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: And bitch all about to each other :D what do you think

hayley 05-01-2004 05:06 AM

Don't mess with me, I have cramps ;)

creedsister 05-01-2004 06:15 AM

:mad1: they suck and those pad things you put on your tummy dont work :mad1: i like a warm hair dryer on mine awww comfey :)

Higher_Desire 05-01-2004 04:32 PM

Quote:

Holy hell, what happened? :eek:

I don't know. I think I sat wrong or something.

H-D :)

RMadd 05-01-2004 06:35 PM

wow creedsis... that might be one thread guys on here might never go on

Higher_Desire 05-01-2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

we need to start a thread like today I stared my period and remind each other of when we start and finsh :D And call it I LOVE MY PERIOD THREAD!!! :roll: :roll: And bitch all about to each other :D what do you think

Uhh. No. Please don't. :wtf:

Quote:

Don't mess with me, I have cramps ;)

Yeah. I really didn't need to know that.

Quote:

:mad1: they suck and those pad things you put on your tummy dont work :mad1: i like a warm hair dryer on mine awww comfey :)

That's what we call TOO MUCH INFORMATION!

H-D :)

hayley 05-01-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

What pad things that you put on your tummy? :confused:
I LOVE a hot water bottle, it works for me if I leave it there all day. :D

Quote:

I don't know. I think I sat wrong or something.

Really? Your balls must be (forgive me) Huge then :eek: How can you sit wrong and then get a sore ball? I'm so glad I'm not a guy.

Quote:

Yeah. I really didn't need to know that.

You think talking about cramps is bad? Wait until you move in with a woman, be prepared to protect yourself every month.

creedsister 05-01-2004 10:11 PM

Hahaha your right girl but a least we only get like that one time a month, Guys suffer From it !2 months a year HAHAHAHA

hayley 05-01-2004 11:21 PM

:confused: I don't get it....2 months a year? :help: I'm dumb :laugh:

Once a month, yeah at least we don't have it all the time, but the time goes so fast :eek:

Higher_Desire 05-02-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Really? Your balls must be (forgive me) Huge then :eek: How can you sit wrong and then get a sore ball? I'm so glad I'm not a guy.

;) Sometimes they bang against each other or get squashed between your legs if you're not careful. They're actually kind of inconvenient.

Quote:

You think talking about cramps is bad? Wait until you move in with a woman, be prepared to protect yourself every month.

Yeah. I think I'm quite a long ways from there.

RMadd 05-02-2004 02:48 PM

Why did God give women yeast infections? So they know what it's like to live w/ an annoying cunt every once in a while!