CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AHAVO RABO TACO SALAD appreciation thread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9905)

Bridge of Clay 11-08-2005 09:16 AM

AHAVO RABO TACO SALAD appreciation thread

So, for those of you who got the mag or already listened to the clip posted on abb.net, what do you think of it?

Keep it all in one thread pls!

And just a friendly reminder from Steve:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Please keep all links and discussion of illegally downloading Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad off of the forums. DO NOT ASK for the song on the forums and DO NOT post links to it. If you want the song, buy the current month's issue of Total Guitar Magazine.

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 10:23 AM

Just heard the minor clip... Wow... Why doesn't he make ALL Alter Bridge songs like that? Then instead of saying "I sorta like AB but adore their singer" I could just say "I love Alter Bridge".

I mean, seriously, that is some wicked stuff right there. Why does he try to write ballads dangit? His passion--and talent--are clearly in the heavy stuff...

Creed7352 11-08-2005 11:58 AM

i have a feeling you'll be saying you love alter bridge when the next album drops uncertain..;)

The Lithium 11-08-2005 12:04 PM

I have the whole song already, and I have to say... Metallica should sit down a listen to this and learn how to play real Thrash Metal again! This song makes "Fight Song" seem like "Broken"! :D

And Mark is not the only one who impressed me on this track. Actually Myles impressed me more. I already knew Mark could play like this, but when I hear this track I really can see why Mark calls Myles: "The shredding king among the vocalist". Although I have a DVD bootleg from Astoria, London where Myles and Mark has a shred-battle. Mark kills Myles totally, of course, but Myles is actually reeeeaally good!

Flip is also amazing on this song! Really metalish! :D And Brian, man... Wow, HE'S FAST!!!

Creed7352 11-08-2005 12:14 PM

yeah man, that opening riff reminds me of older metallica all the way..i love it!!

The Lithium 11-08-2005 12:27 PM

Some parts of this song reminds me a lot of old Metallica! You can really tell what Mark listened to when he grew up! :D

Bridge of Clay 11-08-2005 12:31 PM

Mark totally kicks ass on the song. Now those who used to badmouthing him about his playing skills will have to shut up.

Although I like melodic solos (like SHWM or Santana) better, it's so neat to see him letting lose. Flip is insane, Brian needs to show more of his playing on the next album and I gotta love Myles playing as well, I'd dig his part alone.

It's totally different from what I was expecting but it doesn't mean I'm disappointed. :) Rock on!!!

GregS 11-08-2005 12:43 PM

Where bouts on ABB.net do i find the clip ?

Creed7352 11-08-2005 12:47 PM

we have a post with it on the bb...it's in the main ab forum and it's a sticky.

ETA: and it's alterbridgeband.net not actually abb.net :D

The Lithium 11-08-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Although I like melodic solos (like SHWM or Santana) better, it's so neat to see him letting lose. Flip is insane, Brian needs to show more of his playing on the next album and I gotta love Myles playing as well, I'd dig his part alone.

I agree with Marcos post to 100%!! Brian does have to show more of his play, 'cause when he does it's frickin' awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
It's totally different from what I was expecting but it doesn't mean I'm disappointed. :) Rock on!!!

No, me neither! I really like it, but I really doubt it is future Alter Bridge album material. An instrumental song is always very different.

GregS 11-08-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

ETA: and it's alterbridgeband.net not actually abb.net

Yes i know.. I jus call it that for short.

Creed7352 11-08-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
Yes i know.. I jus call it that for short.

yeah so do i, but last time i did that someone didn't get it..lol

The Lithium 11-08-2005 02:37 PM

Hahah, actually ABB is a very big company, and if you type in ABB.net in your bowser you'll connect to their website.

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
i have a feeling you'll be saying you love alter bridge when the next album drops uncertain..;)

I certainly hope so. I had heard their next album will be heavier. I mean, they have the best singer since... umm... ever. Tremo is friggin amazing when he plays to his strengths, Flip is at least decent on the drums (he at least sets the stage well for Mark's awesome riffs), and while you can barely hear Brian, I am told he is pretty good.

So why don't they just let it loose? If they have another track like ILM on the next album, so help me I'll cry...

Anyway if someone has the full version could they PM me?

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium

No, me neither! I really like it, but I really doubt it is future Alter Bridge album-quality. An instrumental song is always very different.

I really HOPE it is future Alter Bridge album quality...

The Lithium 11-08-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
I really HOPE it is future Alter Bridge album quality...

Dude, I didn't mean it that way... I know they will put out a much heavier record this summer, I just don't think anything will sound like ARTS. First off; I don't think there'll be any instrumentals on the album. This song is very un-Alter Bridge'ish, and I hope and think they'll still keep their spirit and their style! From what I've heard it's gonna be heavier, but it's still gonna be Alter Bridge! I hope at least one track will sound something like OYE or DTML just to mix it up a bit.

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 07:45 PM

Well... yeah I just wanted em to play super heavy riffs with screaming solos while Myles wails like only he can...

And maybe if Flip learned how to play the drums he could throw in a fill or two, lol. Nah I'm just joking. Flip is a competant drummer.

Chase 11-08-2005 10:24 PM

Where on the site is the clip? I'd love to hear it.

RMadd 11-08-2005 11:31 PM

Steve says no posting links.......

Steve 11-08-2005 11:47 PM

You can post links to the clip ABB.net has, but not links to the full song.

Chase 11-09-2005 02:54 AM

Yeah, I just want to hear a clip of it... I'm curious to hear how it sounds.

Creed7352 11-09-2005 03:11 AM

it's on the main ab forum there...it's a sticky topic.

Trimontana 11-09-2005 06:52 AM

I have the Total Guitar magazine this morning. Thats one awesome hell of a song!!! Mark's just an awesome guitar palyer and he shows it in this track. I bet next album is gonna blow our minds out. I cant wait for it....mean time ROCK ON AB!!!!!

GregS 11-09-2005 02:31 PM

ye Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad is a kickass instrumental! And yay , Ab gig tommorrow :D

RoffeDH 11-09-2005 02:51 PM

Wow! AB gig tomorrow, I'll have to wait a hole week for mine :D Any way... I just heard the clip, the clip was good but not great, hope the whole piece is awsome!

GregS 11-09-2005 02:52 PM

Yep , Glasgow , cant wait.. And plus the venue is alot better than last 1 in june. ye the whole song is alot better than the clip man.

RoffeDH 11-09-2005 02:59 PM

I thought so! Glasgow, love Scottland, I went there this summer end, 14 people beeing in the highlands for three days and the lowlands for four days. Loved it and I will go there alot more often ;) Loved the beer ;) :D

I thought so about the song! ;) Hope they play it live! :D

GregS 11-09-2005 03:06 PM

Ye man scotland is alright. Ab gigs here are always crazy which is awesome!
And ye im hoping they play it live too , that would make my day.

RoffeDH 11-09-2005 03:43 PM

The London show was a killer I might say! Hope the next will be too! That would rock, and if they play Ahavo Rabo Taco Sallad that would be awsome! I would be jumping my feet off for shure!

When we booked the tickets to Scotland I imediatly checked to see if AB was going to be playing but unfortunatly not, three months early! :P But hey, I'm going to london again! ;) Can't complain, can I? ;)

GregS 11-09-2005 04:02 PM

ye i seen them in march in London at Astoria. Loved that gig..
I'd love to go see them in London again but i aint got money to go down there again this soon and its on a tuesday , which for me is a full college day , unline tommorrow which is halfday :)

Creed7352 11-09-2005 04:05 PM

i don't think they'll play it live...mark said in an interview that they won't play any new songs live this run...not until january when they start working on the new album.

titan9 11-09-2005 04:28 PM

I just listened to the 26 second clip and I have to say.....it sounds utterly awesome! I haven't been able to hear the full thing yet, but based on this clip, I will definitely buy the mag when it hits newsstands in the U.S. Hopefully we get even more shredding/soloing on the next AB CD.

The Lithium 11-09-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Hopefully we get even more shredding/soloing on the next AB CD.

I'm sure we will!

GregS 11-09-2005 05:43 PM

I forgot to mention. ALot of the solo's in this song remind me of Megadeth. Mainly from The Rust In Peace album. Bit of old Master of Puppets Metallica in there as well.

Creed7352 11-09-2005 06:13 PM

yeah, the older metallica stuff is what i was reminded of too...i never really listened to megadeth.

Drake 11-09-2005 08:24 PM

Does anybody know where to buy the magazine?

Dogstar 11-09-2005 08:47 PM

I would try Borders or Barnes & Noble. They get a lot of international mags. It'll be a little pricey, though. I still haven't gotten it yet.

eusebioCBR 11-09-2005 10:48 PM

Is this issue of Total G. available right now?

Dogstar 11-09-2005 10:51 PM

I think so. It's for November, I think.

eusebioCBR 11-09-2005 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I think so. It's for November, I think.

I hope so, I tried to find the November issue of Total Guitar on Saturday(5th) and they only had December issues.
I asked the guy at Borders what they do with the mags that don't sell. He said,"we rip the covers off and toss the mags in the dumpster."
I looked, they were gone. :mad: