CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   AHAVO RABO TACO SALAD appreciation thread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9905)

Muad'Dib 11-29-2005 01:44 AM

Didnt really get into TOTD but appreciate it for what it is.

I cant stand Morello anymore!!! heh I worry about next Audioslave album, I want him to try something different, get rid of those annoying solos from OOE for one. Just felt like he shoves one in every song just for sake of it. 3/4 of the songs dont need solos.

uncertaindrumer 11-29-2005 09:12 AM

What is Temple of the Dog? If it was mentioned sometime on the thread I missed it...

Either way I love Audioslave and Soundgarden... A lot... RATM was never my favorite. I hate overly political bands... shut up about your views and give me music already...

uncertaindrumer 11-29-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Didnt really get into TOTD but appreciate it for what it is.

I cant stand Morello anymore!!! heh I worry about next Audioslave album, I want him to try something different, get rid of those annoying solos from OOE for one. Just felt like he shoves one in every song just for sake of it. 3/4 of the songs dont need solos.

It isn't necessarily that they don't need solos... they just need BETTER solos... some of them REALLY suck.

Ana4Stapp 11-29-2005 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
What is Temple of the Dog? If it was mentioned sometime on the thread I missed it...

Either way I love Audioslave and Soundgarden... A lot... RATM was never my favorite. I hate overly political bands... shut up about your views and give me music already...

See this: www.reachdown.com
and this:www.reachdown.com/history.shtml

PS : As for political bands...I love them! ;)

evyllsummer 11-29-2005 10:52 AM

Temple Of The Dog is probably Chris at his strongest and most versatile...

uncertaindrumer 11-29-2005 10:55 AM

So how might I hear them...?

evyllsummer 11-29-2005 10:58 AM

well, of course, the LEGAL way would be to obtain the TOTD cd, and, well, I would send you some "samples", alas, I don't have any on this computer...but, if nothing else, you could go to Amazon and listen to the clips...

titan9 11-29-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

So how might I hear them...?

You've never heard the song "Hunger Strike"? I think that one was a pretty big hit in the early 90s.

Anyway, I haven't listened to much Cornell, outside of his stuff with Audioslave. I keep telling myself to check out his work with Temple of the Dog and of course Soundgarden, but I keep forgetting to pick up one of those CDs. :laugh: Anyway, I prefer the second AS CD to the first. I just have never gotten into the first CD, but I love many of the tracks on the second. Morello's solos are pretty, uh, for lack of a better word "funky" but I think they're for the most part cool. I still like Tremo better, though. :D

uncertaindrumer 11-30-2005 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evyllsummer
well, of course, the LEGAL way would be to obtain the TOTD cd, and, well, I would send you some "samples", alas, I don't have any on this computer...but, if nothing else, you could go to Amazon and listen to the clips...

What?! BUY A CD?! NO! NEVER!

lol in all seriousness the reason I asked is the site Ana supplied made it sound liek there wasn't a CD to buy... obviously I totally misunderstood, lol

evyllsummer 11-30-2005 11:25 PM

Quote:

What?! BUY A CD?! NO! NEVER!

lol in all seriousness the reason I asked is the site Ana supplied made it sound liek there wasn't a CD to buy... obviously I totally misunderstood, lol

no, it should be pretty available...I think people are always discovering that cd...it's fantastic...

Vliegs 12-13-2005 10:49 PM

Temple of The Dog cd is on my wishlist of things to get with my Christmas money.

Dogstar 12-13-2005 10:52 PM

Temple of the Dog is a must-have. That is all.