CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Now THIS is a fan club... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6113)

TeriB19 03-18-2004 12:01 PM

Now THIS is a fan club...

The Duran Duran Fan Club is offering a contest drawing for members only.

New Member-Only contest where we will fly the winner and a friend from where ever they might live in the world to the May 1st Wembley show. Also includes hotel and yep, the winner is going backstage.

How cool is THAT??? Ok, I know if you're not a Duran Duran fan, you don't care. But at least their fan club offers something like that. Instead of empty promises.

RMadd 03-18-2004 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Instead of empty promises.

lol
that's harsh

SCOTTSMYMAN 03-18-2004 01:59 PM

That's sounds cool, Teri!!!! Yes, that is a good Fan club. Unlike certain other fan clubs who promises quarterly magazines that take forever to get there and calendars that never show up and..... I could keep going on and on but I won't. Hope you win BTW! :dancing: :party: :party2:

creedchick02 03-18-2004 02:47 PM

That is cool, i used to listen to Duran Duran in the 80's but i'm over that....and speaking of lousy fan clubs the voodoo tribe (Godsmack) actually shut down because people did not know how to run it...i don't blame the band though...it is the people that run it that messed up :( :rolleyes:

RMadd 03-18-2004 03:13 PM

dang! y'all got hate in your hearts? Let it out!

HoundDog 03-18-2004 03:58 PM

Kewl... :)

TeriB19 03-18-2004 06:44 PM

They just announced a second contest offering another VIP package for a U.K. show coming up soon. Basically the same thing as the first contest but this one is open to the general public. It's really a way to get people to sign up for the fan club or at least be on the fan club's mailing list. Not a bad marketing tool, if you ask me. At least you get a shot, albeit a long-shot. But people that are already members can enter the second contest as well. Which means we've got two chances to win.

Sheila63 03-18-2004 08:22 PM

Very Cool, Teri!!! I hope you win!!!:bounce:

Bridge of Clay 03-18-2004 09:34 PM

sorry, but...

DURAN DURAN ?? :wtf:

lol! ;) j/k

Creed_Defaultgirl 03-18-2004 10:05 PM

The Default E-team website shut down, I don't really know why. I have my suspisions though.

Shadow 03-18-2004 10:07 PM

That's cool Teri. I used to like Duran Duran alot. her name is Rio and she dances on the sand. (Now it's in my head). That's what a fan club should do. It shows that the band appreciates the people who made them who they are.

Bon Jovi used to have an awesome fan club. When I was a member, they had special seats for fan club members at their concerts. For one of the shows I went to, the seats were 3rd row center. We got Tico's drum stick that night right after he did his solo.

Bands should appreciate their fans. I think in the case of Creed, the right intentions were there, but the right people to run it were not.

SCOTTSMYMAN 03-18-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Bands should appreciate their fans. I think in the case of Creed, the right intentions were there, but the right people to run it were not.

Couldn't have said it better myself . The wrong people have their hands on that and Creed should know something of what's going on there, or at least I would hope they have some idea and would fix it but alas no luck there. :(