CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed Press Release (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6767)

Shadow 06-04-2004 08:39 AM

Creed Press Release

Just received this email:

Dear Creed Fans,

The following information will be released to the news media later today, but we wanted you to hear it first:

SCOTT STAPP AND MARK TREMONTI READY NEW MATERIAL FOR FIRST POST-CREED RELEASES

One of the most successful songwriting partnerships and groups in the history of the music business disbands after nearly a decade together.

June 4th -- After nearly a decade together, Creed has decided to disband. During their 8 years and 3 albums together (My Own Prison, Human Clay, Weathered) Creed achieved countless Rock & Roll milestones and sold over 30 million albums worldwide. With their unprecedented success at radio and their captivating live shows, Creed became one of the most successful acts to rule the charts over the past ten years.

Creed songwriter/ guitarist Mark Tremonti has decided to join forces with Creed drummer Scott Phillips, original Creed bassist Brian Marshall and former Mayfield Four singer/ songwriter Myles Kennedy. The new band, named Alter Bridge , will release their debut album on Wind-up Records on August 10th of this year. Expect a promotional acoustic tour of radio stations later this Summer, followed by a worldwide tour to begin in late August or early September.

Creed songwriter / singer Scott Stapp has been busy in the studio writing and recording over the past several months. His first post-Creed recording will be featured on an album coming on August 31st via Wind-up Records that will pool together superstar talent, as they individually offer compositions inspired by the film The Passion of the Christ. Simultaneously to tracking his contributions to the Passion title, Stapp will continue to work with producer 7 Aurelius, and has joined forces with Canadian rockers The Tea Party to work on his solo debut.

On the dissolution of Creed, Tremonti commented, “It’s kind of sad to end a chapter of your life, but it’s also exciting to be starting a new one. We’ll always be proud of the music we made with Creed, but Alter Bridge gives me the opportunity to start over with a different perspective and a more evolved direction. This band begins and ends with the love of the music.” Phillips continues, “Creed was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I’m really excited to be starting over as well. The most significant things that we are taking from the Creed experience are the lessons that we learned. We truly believe that the decisions we’ve made for our future are the right ones. After writing and rehearsing the new material, we are confident that we’ve made the right choices.”

Stapp shared, “Creed was one of the most amazing journeys through music and friendship I am blessed to say I was a part of. I made memories I can never replace! I just want to thank the fans who supported us and became a part of the Creed experience. We could not have accomplished anything without you!(fans).”

Also in 2004, Wind-up Records will be releasing a Creed Greatest Hits compilation. Details will be made available as plans for the album take shape.

crest tattoo 06-04-2004 09:10 AM

I got it too. :( I guess it's official now, and it doesn't look to be "solo work" anymore either. :crying:

heinzel 06-04-2004 09:25 AM

man that sucks, creed wont come back. but the nice thing is that we are going to get three albums. altered bridge, stapp solo and the greatest hits with, i hope some new songs.

and when altered bridge is going on tour i hope they come to amsterdam.

greets Hein from Holland.
and in dutch that is, de mazzel.

aussiecreeder 06-04-2004 09:48 AM

umm a few things from these articles apart from the obvious which reallys sucks! :(

Downshifter involving member of Slipknot?
Scott working with The Tea Party? (that is very good news they are one of the few good Canadian rock bands). Wonder if they will be writing any music for Scott?
I hope this compilation is not merely a greatest hits package because if it is I may not buy it.

Kim V. 06-04-2004 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crest tattoo
I got it too. :( I guess it's official now, and it doesn't look to be "solo work" anymore either. :crying:

Well at least we have the official word we've been waiting for all these months.....but it doesn't make it any easier; I feel like I'm in mourning. :( I do feel blessed that hubby and I got to see their very last show as a group, in Philly. I agree with what others said in another thread - let's not side with anyone in particular, but be supportive of all their ventures. At least we can still hear Tremonti's guitar genius, Flip's rockin' drum beat, and Stapp's amazing lyrics and voice, just not together! Rock on, guys, and God Bless all the guys....they gave us so much great music and alot of cool memories, and we've all made good friends here on the bb because of Creed!

Dogstar 06-04-2004 11:16 AM

Exactly, Kim V. I'm grateful to have been at the final show as well and for the opportunity to have attended four shows. They put on one hell of a concert, that's for sure.

Hide, I don't know much about Tea Party. What are they like?

Shadow 06-04-2004 11:24 AM

I guess this means we won't be getting our calendars

aussiecreeder 06-04-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Exactly, Kim V. I'm grateful to have been at the final show as well and for the opportunity to have attended four shows. They put on one hell of a concert, that's for sure.

Hide, I don't know much about Tea Party. What are they like?

they are basically a straight-up rock band similar in vein to Creed I guess but a little bit different at the same time. I wasen't aware of Scott's friendship with them but they are a solid band and its a wise move IMHO. I guess they will be writing some of the music with Scott?

TeriB19 06-04-2004 12:57 PM

I never had my hopes up in the first place Robyn. I never even got the first one that was messed up.

JulieCitySlicker 06-04-2004 02:31 PM

Not really a surprise for me, I was expecting this to come out eventually ;)

Now the rumors can quit flying :)

The Lithium 06-04-2004 02:41 PM

"Even if you loved us or hated us... Remeber us!" -- Scott Phillips of Creed

Torn Daredevil 06-04-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
"Even if you loved us or hated us... Remeber us!" -- Scott Phillips of Creed

Remeber us? What the hell is that?

Unforgiven Fan 06-04-2004 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Remeber us? What the hell is that?

they want people to remember the impact of what Creed did...no matter if you like them or not...

PS>>>> I BLAME THE BREAK-UP (RIGHTFULLY SO) BECUASE OF STAPP :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

The Lithium 06-04-2004 03:30 PM

Ask Flip, he said it to MTV.

SCOTTSMYMAN 06-04-2004 03:35 PM

I guess this marks the end of the era we know as Creed. I was not surprised by the press release just relieved. I was glad they finally came out with the truth!

With that let me take this moment to Thank them for all they have given me and for all the beautiful people I have met because of them. I will always remember!! :hugs:

Ann Allusion 06-04-2004 04:05 PM

My goodness...how much nicer and neutral this particular announcement is...the one put out by Wind Up...than the one done by MTV...NO ONESIDED FINGER POINTING...just basically the facts....

Ask yourself why MTV's report was so detramental?...guess Mark was PMSing...

~Ann~

Dogstar 06-04-2004 04:10 PM

Scott chose not to participate. He could have stated his case as well. I think Mark was just being honest about how and what he felt.

PaulMcCoygirl 06-04-2004 04:17 PM

I'm really glad that I was fortunate enough to go see them on the Weathered tour. It would have been awesome to see them again, but hey, I couldn't ask for more. I'm looking forward to the Alter Bridge cd and I can't wait to see them on tour. I'll definitely miss Creed because their songs helped me through a lot. Without Creed, I would have never met you guys, so I thank them for that. :hugs: Hey, Alter Bridge is my second chance at meeting Mark, Flip and Brian. I can't wait for them to get rolling. :)

Ann Allusion 06-04-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Scott chose not to participate. He could have stated his case as well. I think Mark was just being honest about how and what he felt.

right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Steve 06-04-2004 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
right, Dogstar..and Mark will be honest with his "feelings" with anyone he can tell them to...remember the first "can of worms"...that was just honesty too, huh.

I have no problem with honesty...but i do have a problem when the person being "honest" does so at the expense of someone else and makes it look like they hold little or no fault in the situation. Stapp's choice was his, he has his reasons for doing what he does...but you will also note that anything he has said about Mark and Flip publically has always been above board without finger pointing or blame.

To continue in this manner will definitely alienate many who may have thought about supporting Mark's new project...it's best to just cut losses, shake hands, and move forward...remember when you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

~Ann~

Actually, Ann, the article points out that Stapp was asked to comment but he refused. Take the article how you will, just remember that Mark has never spun anything in the past. He's told fans at meet & greets how it is and what would be happening. All that ended up being fact.

Dogstar 06-04-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Yeah, and it turned out he was not BSing about the breakup.

I'm not naive enough to think Mark didn't have an agenda, but maybe he was just fed up with the whole situation going nowhere. It's his perception of whatever the reality of the situation is or was. Obviously, he's going to have some feelings about that. And there ARE two sides to every story and Scott had a chance to state his. He didn't. His problem. Personally, I think Mark did what he did with as much class as possible. He could have called him names, he could have revealed whatever personal problems they were having, but he didn't. Have you read some of the garbage the former members of Pantera have said about each other publicly? Frankly, I'd rather have him at least try to explain it than be fed the BS PR spin that usually comes out with these situations. People aren't stupid. And this was a huge band. People want to know what happened.

Quote:

And without the whole truth in my mind. Do you honestly believe Scott's really that magnaminous regarding the rest of the group? He's human. It's a friendship that has deteriorated and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with whatever was going on or not going on as the others were. If he chooses not to discuss it, fine. But after what he said about Chicago, I take what he says with less credence. He wasn't honest, he didn't take responsibility and that explanation was a joke. Maybe he kept quiet after taking flak for the Chicago explanation, who knows? He's very image conscious.

Quote:

~Ann~

Maybe so, but he didn't alienate me. I've always been a supporter of the whole group, not one over the other. But I also don't like being BSed.

Ann Allusion 06-04-2004 05:35 PM

Quote:

People aren't stupid. And this was a huge band. People want to know what happened.

No people aren't stupid...but there is a point where descretion is necessary...not dishonesty...but descretion.

Quote:

Do you honestly believe Scott's really that magnaminous regarding the rest of the group? He's human. It's a friendship that has deteriorated and I'm sure he was just as frustrated with whatever was going on or not going on as the others were. If he chooses not to discuss it, fine

yes, he is only human..but i believe he did/has used restraint and descretion in his public comments..it's sad when friendships deteriorate...very frusterating...but it is not an excuse to say what one will...then again i guess if Mark has no problem with it...that's his perogitive...just know that i would not do that to someone i was friends with...some things are just better not said.

Quote:

But after what he said about Chicago, I take what he says with less credence. He wasn't honest, he didn't take responsibility and that explanation was a joke. Maybe he kept quiet after taking flak for the Chicago explanation, who knows?

exactly...who knows...

Quote:

He's very image conscious.

most entertainers are...might be a lesson in that...

Quote:

Maybe so, but he didn't alienate me. I've always been a supporter of the whole group, not one over the other. But I also don't like being BSed.

I've always been a supporter of the group as a whole too attempting not to separate one over the other...if the tables were turned, i would be saying the same thing for whomever was in this position...it's at this time stapp's integrity and class are standing out more to me..

~Ann~

Dogstar 06-04-2004 06:05 PM

Well, his integrity didn't show in Chicago and what transpired after that. I prefer honesty to a sanitized, rose-colored view of things. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Ann Allusion 06-04-2004 06:07 PM

agreed... :)

~Ann~

Jooji_2 06-04-2004 06:22 PM

Quote:

~Ann~

I've read so many posts by people who are honestly jazzed about Alterbridge...but then they have to start in with the blame game. If you are excited about what you have to look forward to....why is it necessary to then turn and say something negative about someone not even involved in the project?

I've posted at another site about getting really tired of the above scenario. Reading that MTV interview certainly hasn't changed my mind. Not saying the two of them shouldn't have been honest....you can be honest and not spin just one side of the story. The way that they went about it certainly didn't get me jazzed to buy their CD. Sorry I'm just being honest with regard to how it struck me when I read it. :wtf:

Steve 06-04-2004 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Well, his integrity didn't show in Chicago and what transpired after that. I prefer honesty to a sanitized, rose-colored view of things. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Quote:

agreed... :)

Why can't everyone have arguments on these forums like this? Nice, peaceful, and civil!

Dogstar 06-04-2004 07:42 PM

:D

hayley 06-04-2004 07:46 PM

This is a sad day...eveything I have read on here so far has made me sad! :( Weird

Guess it's just hitting home again

Higher_Desire 06-04-2004 08:04 PM

That really sucks, but thanks for posting it.

H-D :pimp:

Bridge of Clay 06-04-2004 08:23 PM

geez, Ann and Jooji: you're being too biased. I love Stapp to death, his voice called my attention to Creed. But he lost it... he needs to taste his medicine. But this turns to be a wake up call and Stapp can be the Stapp we know and like again. He's been living hell since weathered... Flip said he never quits his cellphone... he has a child to take care... and tons of other personal problems. Who knows the future? I don't... maybe things are happening for better things to come.

Stapp needs a well-deserved time to "understand" things.

But stopp adoring Stapp like he's some kind of God. That's what took him to this. Give him a break.

Jooji_2 06-04-2004 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
geez, Ann and Jooji: you're being too biased. I love Stapp to death, his voice called my attention to Creed. But he lost it... he needs to taste his medicine. But this turns to be a wake up call and Stapp can be the Stapp we know and like again. He's been living hell since weathered... Flip said he never quits his cellphone... he has a child to take care... and tons of other personal problems. Who knows the future? I don't... maybe things are happening for better things to come.

Stapp needs a well-deserved time to "understand" things.

But stopp adoring Stapp like he's some kind of God. That's what took him to this. Give him a break.

Hmmmmmm...he's been living hell since Weathered, so he need to suffer for it? Strange logic there. Actually, I think the dude "understands" alot more than anyone gives him credit for. I don't adore....I try to give everyone the same amount of respect. My respect for his former band members dipped a bit today after I read that interview. If you want biased....read it again. Sure Stapp could have responded....maybe he will someday.

I won't argue the point here with you.....we disagree. That doesn't make my point invalid. My interest in whatever Alterbridge may release takes a nose dive every time I get into one of these conversations. :D

Shadow 06-04-2004 11:47 PM

I'm trying to remain on the level here. But I think it is okay for me to say that I don't care for Mark's comments at all. Why couldn't he have just said that they wanted to go in seperate directions. And just leave it at that. Mark's comment about "getting together two or three times and nothing happened" would have been fine and all we needed to know. Reading about the Weathered tour just brought back too many painful memories (for me).

Whatever happened, what's done is done and I thank Scott and Mark for making such great music. Scott's lyrics mean so much. Creed was special and will always be special to me.

I'm sure Scott will come out with his own statement. He has his own PR person, whom I'm sure will not let this go too long without some word from Scott.

Dani 06-05-2004 12:15 AM

Reading all this has brought a tear to my eye, even though I knew it was coming and I had pretty much already accepted it, now that it's official it's still a little hard to swallow.

I'll just add my thanks to Creed, for their music which has touched and inspired me (and gotten me through hard times) and if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't have discovered Rock music. Seeing them in concert when they came to Sydney was one of the best nights of my life, I won’t forget it.

Looking to the future, I can't wait to hear Alterbridge and Scott Stapps work (come to Australia guys, please) I will continue to support all of them in anything they do. Rock on and peace.

Gabriel 06-05-2004 12:18 AM

First, let me explain to you, Shadow, that the quotes taken in the article were from the sit down interview from MTV. In that interview (that was two hours long) Mark was asked many, many direct questions. In the article, you don't see the questions asked, just his answers. I think that Mark and Flip handled the interview with honesty, without throwing stones at Stapp. And just so you know Stapp was given every opportunity to do this interview, MTV was set to fly down to Miami the next day to interview him, and he wanted nothing to do with it. I'm sorry you don't see the article in a postive light, and I respect your opinion as such. What you saw in the article, as you well know, was very, very restrained and watered down version of the truth compared to what could have been said. On another note, I recieved your pm but have yet to respond but I will in time. As you can see things have been a little crazy recently. Take care.

Michael

RockGoddess 06-05-2004 07:48 AM

Quote:

He's told fans at meet & greets how it is and what would be happening. All that ended up being fact

Thank you.

Ann Allusion 06-05-2004 11:58 AM

Michael says in reguards to the interview that was the source for the MTV article:

Quote:

Mark was asked many, many direct questions.

And i'm sure his answers were just as direct as the questions...and tho we know the media can put a "spin" on anything they want...some ANSWERS tend to speak for themselves...

again...discretion is the better part of valour...

Quote:

And just so you know Stapp was given every opportunity to do this interview, MTV was set to fly down to Miami the next day to interview him, and he wanted nothing to do with it.

Good for him...he will say what needs to be said when he is ready, in my opinion...and silence doesn't always mean what some may perceive it to mean...there is no fault in possibly choosing who you will or won't give an interview to and when...if at all...:)

~Ann~

Gabriel 06-05-2004 12:16 PM

Although I think MTV did an awesome job with the article, I found out something interesting last night. I did not see the interview myself when it was actually being shot. I was talking to Mark last night about it, trying to find out what else was said that had not been aired yet. He actually told me that he said quite a few complimentary things about Stapp throughout the interview and not one of them ended up in the article.

Michael

RockGoddess 06-05-2004 12:16 PM

You know, each of us is going to take what we want from this. And I think thany many of us will never see eye to eye on the subject; that's what keeps it interesting. Discretion is the better part of valor and therefore:

Quote:

What you saw in the article, as you well know, was very, very restrained and watered down version of the truth compared to what could have been said.

Not only do I believe that Mark was not pointing fingers, he was actually covering Stapp's ass. Again. He did Stapp a huge favor. This is not some arbitrary slam against Stapp on my part so please don't take it that way, but I was at Chicago, on the rail, feet from the man and saw it all for myself. Please believe me when I tell you he covered Stapp's ass in that interview.

My opinion of course.

ctfan 06-05-2004 12:18 PM

Hello everyone, I've been here a few days, reading around the different forums, and this is my first post so I hope I'm doing it correctly :) I just wanted to say that I realize everyone has different views and thoughts about yesterday's interview and everyone will percieve it in different ways...but I have to agree with Jooji2, Shadow and Ann Allusion, my thoughts are basically the same.

RockGoddess 06-05-2004 12:18 PM

That's a shame Michael that those comments were cut. :(