CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   It's OFFICIAL!! REUNION!!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12271)

bilal 04-30-2009 03:19 PM

Re: It's OFFICIAL!! REUNION!!!!!!

^ I hope he does. Myles was unemployed, disillusioned anyway, I don't think many people would have heard of Mayfield Four if it wasn't for AlterBridge, and thereto, not many people would have known of AlterBridge if it wasn't for Creed.

Myles seems like a nice person.... a different kind of a person than Stapp, but has the same thing happened with Tremonti & Crew, with Myles as their front-man, the same thing that forced Tremonti to leave Creed? Has Myles overshadowed Tremonti, I know Creed was all about Stapp and he had stronger peronality, but has Myles done the same but in a different way, by being an equally talented guitarist...and far more charming, well spoken and versatile?

I think its about time Myles go solo.

Sentinel69 04-30-2009 03:22 PM

Yessssssssssssssss :-) They are back !!!

GregS 04-30-2009 03:45 PM

Hopefully going to a show in the states! Can't beileve they're back!

Redeemer 05-03-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Awww, c'mon, Philly's awesome (that's where I live, haha). Did you go to the Tweeter, which is actually in Camden, N.J.? If so, then, yeah, it sucks. That is my most-hated venue :D. Anyway, I have a feeling that is where they will be playing, as it's summer and it's an outside venue.

I literally went to Philly, dammit. :laugh: I went to the TLA. The reason why it wasn't fun? Never been to Philly, walked an hour in the blazing sunlight to get to the venue... and of all people, LJ (singer of Sevendust) ended up finding Me a ride back to Jersey at 2 AM. It was so absurd.

But those are the kinds of things I do for 7D. I guess I should do the same for Creed, I've been listening to them for the same amount of time... and who knows if I'll ever get this chance again. Sevendust is always touring.

Agent D 05-03-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilal
Am I the only one here who is thinking that this is nothing but a load of bollocks.
After all the statements made, and possibly what laid the foundation for AlterBridge.... these guys are getting back? ..... bullshit...

Sold-Out for Money!

I love Creed, but this is ridiculous. I guess there isn't much of a backbone in Rock stars anymore.
Money!

I feel the same way. I'm very skeptical about all this and it all seems like a moneygrab. Perhaps, I'll change my tune when this alleged new album comes out.

crest tattoo 05-04-2009 06:44 PM

I said it earlier. I think they still had obligations to Wind-Up to fulfill. :wtf:

Dogstar 05-05-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer
I literally went to Philly, dammit. :laugh: I went to the TLA. The reason why it wasn't fun? Never been to Philly, walked an hour in the blazing sunlight to get to the venue... and of all people, LJ (singer of Sevendust) ended up finding Me a ride back to Jersey at 2 AM. It was so absurd.

But those are the kinds of things I do for 7D. I guess I should do the same for Creed, I've been listening to them for the same amount of time... and who knows if I'll ever get this chance again. Sevendust is always touring.

Awww, sorry it was so not fun. I love the TLA, though. Cool place to see a show. A little small for Creed, though, so maybe you will luck out this time :)

Chris98GT 05-05-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crest tattoo
I said it earlier. I think they still had obligations to Wind-Up to fulfill. :wtf:

I don't.

I think a significant offer was presented ($$$), the guys started talking, they forgave each other, and the rest is history.

XALTERBRIDGEX 05-05-2009 04:31 PM

Ya if someone threw millions of dollars my way I can forget about the past too!!

crest tattoo 05-05-2009 05:35 PM

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but there was still a contract. I wish it were all peachy like they are leading us to believe, but I'm guessing it's not quite that easy. Besides, Myles said it was something they "had to do." I'm just saying...

Chris98GT 05-05-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crest tattoo
Besides, Myles said it was something they "had to do." I'm just saying...

He could have easily meant that as, "Shitloads of cash will only help Alter Bridge in the future."

There is no evidence of any contractual obligations.

XALTERBRIDGEX 05-05-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris98GT
There is no evidence of any contractual obligations.

But if you recall they broke up while trying to record their 4th album..so I'm thinking they owe windup another album. So Wind up gave them a nice LONG break and now the guys had to put the past behind them and get back to business..

Dogstar 05-05-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX
But if you recall they broke up while trying to record their 4th album..so I'm thinking they owe windup another album. So Wind up gave them a nice LONG break and now the guys had to put the past behind them and get back to business..

That's what I'm thinking as well. Labels/management are loathe to let go with big bucks they see on the table. Ask Dust For Life about it.

Chris98GT 05-05-2009 06:40 PM

The greatest hits CD was #4.

"We're going to see how we make it through this album and tour, although we're not looking at this as a one-off; we would like to make Creed an ongoing band once again." - Tremonti

This doesn't sound like a one-time thing. Also, listen to the interviews. They sound at peace with each other, not like they're being forced.

Dogstar 05-05-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris98GT
The greatest hits CD was #4.

"We're going to see how we make it through this album and tour, although we're not looking at this as a one-off; we would like to make Creed an ongoing band once again." - Tremonti

This doesn't sound like a one-time thing. Also, listen to the interviews. They sound at peace with each other, not like they're being forced.

Bands and management will say a lot when there are millions to be had. If it was more than a one-off, I think they would have said as much, as in, we're back together for good. I read that statement as fairly cautious, not promising too much so that when they fulfill what's left of the contract, they can bail if it doesn't work out. I'm not sure I buy that they are all so excited to get back to the business of Creed. Just my opinion, but all the protestations about AB not being done lead me to think AB is on the back burner, but only temporarily. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. Don't know, but you need money to make music, or at least to make a living at making music.

Also, I don't think a greatest hits album is part of their contract. That looks like a grab by the label to milk whatever they could out of what was left of Creed.