CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Marijuana (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6607)

Julbright 05-17-2004 10:36 AM

Well, beer is illegal when you are in high school - gotta be 21 to use it legally - there is a reason for that - I am not saying it is a good thing - am not advocating drinking - I don't think ANY of that stuff is harmless!!!!!!!! Why make ANOTHER mind altering substance legal??????????????

RMadd 05-17-2004 12:09 PM

I don't buy the argument that legalizing marijuana will decrease its use. with it legalized, would there be any reason to not use it? i mean, other than the obvious "I don't want to." saying legalizing marijuana will curb the problem is like saying we should do away with speed limits b/c, that way, people won't speed. or we should stop requiring school for kids 16 and under b/c requiring it only makes them skip. they'd go if it were free choice. uhhh, yeah, right......
plus, the left just wants one more thing it can tax. lol
and as for hemp being used as a fuel resource, I would guess that it's probably even less efficient than petroleum, otherwise we'd already be using it, rather than trying to develop good hybrid and electric and whatever other types of cars.

Lechium 05-17-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
I don't buy the argument that legalizing marijuana will decrease its use.

I dont think so either, however it will decrease the income criminals have, and will lower crim in general by a bit.
I think all drugs + prostitution should be legalized ("fucking is legal, selling is legal... why is selling fucking illegal?!" G. Carlin) so people who need their fix dont have to jump through hoops they will jump through regardless of if it is legal or not, and so that crime would get lowered.

Mulletman 05-17-2004 08:45 PM

My problem with legalizing pot is that it will be just like alcohol, no one will respect it and they will abuse it. My personal opinion is it should be illegal. I've never used the stuff so I really wouldnt know any benefit, then again I wouldnt really care. Personally I look down on those who use it, thats me, deal with it. If it gets legalized you know that some shithead will get behind the wheel and kill someone. Its takes only ONE person to ruin something for everyone. The only way I would ever support legalization is if there were stricter penalties - same with alcohol. None of this house arrest, AA, suspended licenses, probation, or 'slap-on-the-wrist' bullshit. No, one DUI/DWI should be enough for a max sentence in a Federal pounding in the ass prison. Add an age limit, and then and only then will I support it. Medical purposes is one thing, if it should be legalized for medical purposes then it should only be available through prescription.

Those are my two cents, the only good thing I can even think about is the elimination of a black market. Despite what the white guy with blonde dreads says, Im still not convinced.

goddess_bb 05-18-2004 12:19 PM

Everyone here has good points and I don't want to step on anyone's toes but...
BearFan...have you ever considered that we do not use Hemp as fuel because of the big-money fuel companies because they know if the general public knew how efficent hemp was as fuel they would be out of business and where would good ol' George W get he's campaign money... ;)

Mullet...I would rather be on the road with someone high on pot then drunk on beer...why you ask..pot does not impair your reflexes like alcohol...but I must say I would absolutley rather be on the road with all sober people but I do live in reality and that doesn't always happen...

And hell yea I would want it legalized and taxed maybe we could put money into our education system or the health care system....

GoodGodGirl23 05-18-2004 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb
Everyone here has good points and I don't want to step on anyone's toes but...
BearFan...have you ever considered that we do not use Hemp as fuel because of the big-money fuel companies because they know if the general public knew how efficent hemp was as fuel they would be out of business and where would good ol' George W get he's campaign money... ;)

Mullet...I would rather be on the road with someone high on pot then drunk on beer...why you ask..pot does not impair your reflexes like alcohol...but I must say I would absolutley rather be on the road with all sober people but I do live in reality and that doesn't always happen...

And hell yea I would want it legalized and taxed maybe we could put money into our education system or the health care system....

I dissagree with the pot does not impair your relexes, I know someone who smoked the stuff, and who was so fucked up, was in no way able to get behind the wheel of a car or anything!!!

RMadd 05-18-2004 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
"fucking is legal, selling is legal... why is selling fucking illegal?!" G. Carlin

:hammerlol

RMadd 05-18-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb

conspiracy theories, anyone? lol

JulieCitySlicker 05-18-2004 02:46 PM

I agree with Mullet :thumbsup:

You got it right on the money man!

Mulletman 05-18-2004 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodGodGirl23
I dissagree with the pot does not impair your relexes, I know someone who smoked the stuff, and who was so fucked up, was in no way able to get behind the wheel of a car or anything!!!

yea it does impare you judgment and reflexes. Either way, not much good can come from it. We're Americans - we're greedy and arrogant. Its useless comparing us to another country. I had friends who used to skip and smoke all the in the bathroom and are now going "why do I have to clean up shit from the toilets?"

Back in high school after football practice buddies and I were messing around in the courtyard. A friend went long and asked for a ball, so I threw one at him. Right after the ball left my hand some guy walked out of the bathroom and the ball hit him in the shoulder. Knocked him down and his 'dime' fell out. As I was runing over to apologize the guy picked him self up and looked up at the sky. Chicken little was really concentrating there. Being the jock I was, i stopped in my tracks and looked over at my buddy;

Mike - "Whats he doing?"
Al - "I dunno."
Al - "Betcha 20 bucks I can do it again"
Mike - "Yer on!"

That one really knocked him the fuck out, got him right in the face. Won me 100 mile run. Being a jock ruled! *sigh*

There was a point in there somewhere... if you can find it.

whitebird 05-18-2004 07:53 PM

Interesting topic, and many good points on both sides. For the use of cronic pain, I would consider it a temporary tool, but the subjects that Julbright was talking about, are the long term, sucessful routes to managing pain, and continued health. Wonderful subject, and a very interesting and enlightening world, that many have never experienced. Mind over body, personal energy, and interrelated physical, emotional and spiritual sources.

Farmgirl, do you have cronic pain? If so, may I ask why?

goddess_bb 05-19-2004 12:40 AM

okay it would take me forever to quote you all...

First yea GGG23 pot does impair you to a degree but in my opinion not as much as booze...

conspiracy theory..damn right BearFan..and a good one too considering you can't high off hemp since it is a different plant than good ol' marijiana...f**kin republicans anyways... :rolleyes:

Mullet you are scary dude...won't want to meet you in a dark alley.. :D

Lechium 05-19-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
conspiracy theories, anyone? lol

Whta compiracy theories? General Electric has bought the patent for the everlasting light bulb, so it will never get produced.
Most of patents for Hydrogen fueled cards are owned by oil companies, so they will not have to compete againt more efficient fuel systems.
these are facts, just not stuff you see on the news.

goddess_bb 05-19-2004 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
Whta compiracy theories? General Electric has bought the patent for the everlasting light bulb, so it will never get produced.
Most of patents for Hydrogen fueled cards are owned by oil companies, so they will not have to compete againt more efficient fuel systems.
these are facts, just not stuff you see on the news.

AND THANK YOU, LECH

Aimee 05-19-2004 05:14 PM

And we have known about hydrogen-propelled vehicles for AT LEAST 15 years, yet we won't produce them because the value of fuel driven vehicles is higher. (Also, they don't push as hard as the gas-guzzling SUV's and what American doesn't want the ability to go from zero to sixty in 2.5 milliseconds even if they never use it? Brainwashed, we are, I tell ya.)
The main reason I think that MJ should be legalized is because of the "gateway drug" theory. I don't agree that using it on its own leads to the use of heavier drugs, but the fact that it is illegal (and yes, more harmless than alcohol to your system, especially when digested instead of smoked) makes kids go underground to get it. There, they are exposed to all of the narcotics and prescription drugs for sale.