CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Longevity (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10278)

nagpo 01-15-2006 06:26 PM

Re: Longevity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawker
thanks secret that makes alot of sense. nagpo yeh stapp wrote lyrics, but the lyrics were shit(in my opinion). Without the music there is nothing for the lyrics.

yeah i get that, but then again stapp could've written all the music if he wanted.

nagpo 01-15-2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
he did...it's called the great divide...we're seeing just how well that's fairing aren't we?

and on the flipside to that...tremonti could've written his own lyrics...he did (most of anyway, aside from like 3 songs) and it's called one day remains...it's doing better than the great divide.

the second album will be better than the first for odr because it'll be more of a collaboration. the mayfield four albums are great...i can't wait to hear the collaborations of myles and mark.

well hold on there, the great divide hasent been out as long as one day remains.
he wrote most on one day remains...not creed. im talkin creed

Rawker 01-15-2006 06:49 PM

HE wrote most of creeds songs mate, Stapp couldnt right mary had a little lamb, the great divide sucks. Just face it, Stapp is nothing without the rest of them, Tremonti Flip and Marshal were smart to get out and do something better.

nagpo 01-15-2006 08:21 PM

Quote:

HE wrote most of creeds songs mate, Stapp couldnt right mary had a little lamb, the great divide sucks. Just face it, Stapp is nothing without the rest of them, Tremonti Flip and Marshal were smart to get out and do something better.

post of the year^. you wouldent know good music if it kicked you in the ass. TGD is good (and imo better than one day remaines). listen stapp wrote lyrics and mark wrote the music. im just trying to say if stapp wanted to he could have written the music to and still sell some records.

Unforgiven Fan 01-15-2006 08:59 PM

stapp may have written most lyrics for creed but if you compare tgd's lyrics with mop, hc, or even weathered, in my opinon they do fall short. Stapp had the skills but it is hard to tell if he still has it when writting. Mark was the primary music guy of Creed and frankly ODR lyrics by mark are somewhat better than those found on the TGD, not saying that mark is the better lyrisist but he just did it better on this record and it should get better for the second record because this is going to a mark/myles combo (wishing that flip and brian as some input on the next record to) which might lead to a better longevity and career.

Creed7352 01-15-2006 09:03 PM

my post was lost on you nagpo...

guitardude1985 01-15-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan
stapp may have written most lyrics for creed but if you compare tgd's lyrics with mop, hc, or even weathered, in my opinon they do fall short. Stapp had the skills but it is hard to tell if he still has it when writting. Mark was the primary music guy of Creed and frankly ODR lyrics by mark are somewhat better than those found on the TGD, not saying that mark is the better lyrisist but he just did it better on this record and it should get better for the second record because this is going to a mark/myles combo (wishing that flip and brian as some input on the next record to) which might lead to a better longevity and career.

I second that completely. However, in ODR flips drumming is very well improved and only furthers me from really viewing him as a average drummer where in metalligus he showed some pretty good skill. However, on alter bridge's next outing I hope to hear more of brian's bass lines. With creed he fit in real nice with those groovy bass lines. In ODR he was pushed so far to the back. You could hear him, but if you knew what to listen for.

nagpo 01-15-2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
my post was lost on you nagpo...

i dont see how

Creed7352 01-16-2006 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
i dont see how

exactly...like i said, lost...

Rawker 01-16-2006 04:04 AM

i wouldnt know good music if it kicked me in the ass?? well why am i on the ab section of this forum u tit. Just face it Stapp is nothing without brian, flip and mark. But Brian, flip and mark are EVERYTHING without stapp. they dont need to hold back any of their potential. Marks Solos are creativly put into the songs and blend in perfectly now he has a lead singer who can also play guitar.
Just face it, im right. TGD has not sold asmay albums as ODR did in the same timestrech.

The Lithium 01-16-2006 04:31 AM

Quote:

yeah i get that, but then again stapp could've written all the music if he wanted.

See, that's where you're wrong! Just read/watch/listen to Creed's early interviews or Behind The Music. Stapp didn't know anything about music or rock before he met Mark. The only thing he could do was to sing and write lyrics. Mark tried to teach him guitar, but he was pretty hopeless. He just didn't learn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unforgiven Fan

Yeah, that's true! And with both Mark and Myles writing all the lyrics, man... They have written some of the best lyrics I have read in my life! Imagine a whole record for of Mark and Myles-combo! Kick ass! (And yes, TGD lyrics are pretty poor...)

Quote:

TGD has not sold asmay albums as ODR did in the same timestrech.

Now that's true! Real fact!

RoffeDH 01-16-2006 06:16 AM

I recall that Mark and the guys have said that on some lyrics Stapp changed it without the otherguys wanting it and making in a poorer song. I belive that Mark wrote most lyrics and Stapp changed it, that's how I have interpertated all of it. If you compare the lyrics of Creed with TGD you wont find a singel simmilarity, but if you compare creed and ODR lyrics you'll find some simmilarity like "crown of thorns" (Wash Away Those Years and Find The Real)... This could just mean that Mark "stole" that from the Creed days with Stapp but I higly doubt that!

nagpo 01-16-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

i wouldnt know good music if it kicked me in the ass?? well why am i on the ab section of this forum u tit. Just face it Stapp is nothing without brian, flip and mark. But Brian, flip and mark are EVERYTHING without stapp. they dont need to hold back any of their potential. Marks Solos are creativly put into the songs and blend in perfectly now he has a lead singer who can also play guitar.
Just face it, im right. TGD has not sold asmay albums as ODR did in the same timestrech.

your on the ab secton because you like bad music. ab isint very good. in sales yeah, but when it comes to what music is better stapp beats them. they probalby would be everything if their music was any good.

nagpo 01-16-2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
See, that's where you're wrong! Just read/watch/listen to Creed's early interviews or Behind The Music. Stapp didn't know anything about music or rock before he met Mark. The only thing he could do was to sing and write lyrics. Mark tried to teach him guitar, but he was pretty hopeless. He just didn't learn.

Yeah, that's true! And with both Mark and Myles writing all the lyrics, man... They have written some of the best lyrics I have read in my life! Imagine a whole record for of Mark and Myles-combo! Kick ass! (And yes, TGD lyrics are pretty poor...)

Now that's true! Real fact!

i admit defeat. but i dont see why he would need to play the guitar. well, not ppor just weaker than creed. i dont like ab's lyrics i cant understand myles(its his voice or somthing) and musically i think ab sux hard.

Anna1011 01-16-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

your on the ab secton because you like bad music. ab isint very good. in sales yeah, but when it comes to what music is better stapp beats them. they probalby would be everything if their music was any good.

this is why i shouldnt read threads like this cause i get extremly pissed off at comments like that :mad1: