CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mayfield 4...suprised how i sounds good (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8902)

cariocawlad 04-03-2005 02:14 PM

Mayfield 4...suprised how it sounds good

I being curious about the band and searched for their music. The sound is very good and original. It was a really good band and we know that we have a vocalyst with many qualities in AB (song writer, guitar player,etc.) after hear it.
The song white flag is quite beautifull and I recommend for everyone who never listened MF4 to do it.

Peace.

TeriB19 04-03-2005 04:14 PM

Mayfield Four was awesome. Summergirl is beautiful, and I love Loose Cannon!

Anna1011 04-03-2005 04:16 PM

i havent heard much by them but what i have heard ive loved. :)

Soundslave 04-03-2005 04:50 PM

They were definately a great group. I think I liked their first album, Fallout, better than Second Skin. But my favorite song is Mars Hotel.

The note Myles hits at the end of Summergirl is just incredible

titan9 04-03-2005 06:23 PM

The only Mayfield Four song that I've heard is "Eden". And I really love that song. I wouldn't mind buying a couple of Mayfield Four albums, just based on that song and on what Myles is doing in Alter Bridge.

Dogstar 04-03-2005 06:27 PM

Titan, get them. They are really, really good.

Ana4Stapp 04-03-2005 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariocawlad
I being curious about the band and searched for their music. The sound is very good and original. It was a really good band and we know that we have a vocalyst with many qualities in AB (song writer, guitar player,etc.) after hear it.
The song white flag is quite beautifull and I recommend for everyone who never listened MF4 to do it.

Peace.

Where did you find MF4 songs? On internet? Or did you buy their albums?:confused:
Cause I can't find them ... :( :help:

Dogstar 04-03-2005 08:04 PM

Ana, I got mine on half.com. You can find a ton of used CDs there. I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and I think I had a problem with only one CD. Other than that one, it's been great.

RMadd 04-03-2005 08:13 PM

Second Skin is an amazing CD! Eden, Mars Hotel, Carry On, Backslide, White Flag, Flatley's Crutch, Summergirl.... wow!

scrit 04-03-2005 09:31 PM

Th Mayfield Four is a great band! I probably like second skin better than fallout because it is easier to listen to. It has some really great songs on it to (Believe, Carry on, Flatley's Crutch). Fallout has a marvin gaye cover on it which is a little...strange, but otherwise it is a great album also.

Soundslave 04-03-2005 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrit
Th Mayfield Four is a great band! I probably like second skin better than fallout because it is easier to listen to. It has some really great songs on it to (Believe, Carry on, Flatley's Crutch). Fallout has a marvin gaye cover on it which is a little...strange, but otherwise it is a great album also.

I think the Marvin Gaye cover is awesome haha.

Second Skin is definately a softer album. Mars Hotel, Eden, Believe, Carry On, White Flag, and Summergirl are all easy listening.

Fallout is more of an eclectic album. The songs are more unusual and varied.

Dogstar 04-03-2005 10:06 PM

Yeah, I actually like Fallout a little more than Second Skin, but I listen to both of them all the time.

RMadd 04-04-2005 12:00 AM

which Gaye songs did they cover?

aussiecreeder 04-04-2005 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
which Gaye songs did they cover?

"Inner City Blues" and good job I must add..... :)

RockGoddess 04-04-2005 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
"Inner City Blues" and good job I must add..... :)

My absolute fave on that album.

scrit 04-04-2005 05:00 PM

Ya, I was surprised that I actually enjoyed a cover of marvin gaye....It was just really strange the first time I heard it.

GregS 04-23-2005 08:06 PM

I just downloaded some Mayfield Four tonight and their awesome! :jam:

titan9 04-23-2005 08:24 PM

Second Skin is an awesome album. I was fortunate enough to find the whole thing on WinMX, and will be purchasing the CD soon.

GregS 04-23-2005 08:33 PM

Nice one. Im gonna wait till July when im in the US to get their albums

Dogstar 04-23-2005 08:33 PM

I got both of my Mayfield Four CDs on half.com. It's amazing what you can find there.

GregS 04-23-2005 08:35 PM

Hmm... Is it just an american site or can we in the uk purchase from there aswell ?

Dogstar 04-23-2005 08:36 PM

Not sure, but it's affiliated with eBay, so maybe it's worldwide.

GregS 04-23-2005 08:43 PM

Sweet. I'll check it out sometime. Thnx dude

Dogstar 04-23-2005 09:10 PM

Yer welcome.

evyllsummer 04-24-2005 04:39 PM

Myles rules..."Summergirl" changed my life...

uncertaindrumer 04-27-2005 08:52 AM

I was totally surprised by MF4... I had no IDEA they were this awesome...

And summergirl is just... awe-inspiring...

titan9 04-27-2005 11:24 AM

Lol, I was the same way, Uncertain! I was a tiny bit skeptical before I listened to it. I just didn't know what to expect. But ever since the first time I played Second Skin(about 2 weeks ago, now) I have been hooked. I listen to a CD every night(one of my rituals of sorts, lol!) and I think I've listened to Second Skin 12 out of 14 nights. I don't think I've ever done that with a CD before(well, maybe with One Day Remains and 12 Stones debut CD) so that shows how much I like this CD. My two favorite tracks are Mar's Hotel(I'm surprised I like this song so much) and High. High is a pretty inspirational song and pretty energetic. I really like every song on the CD, so when I listen to it, I never skip a track. That's also a bit rare for me, but, again, shows how much I like this CD. I want to eventually get Fallout as well, as I've heard 4 tracks from it, and I like all 4.

uncertaindrumer 04-27-2005 01:19 PM

My favorite track is white flag... just AWESOME... in every way...

But they are ALL friggin good. I mean, actually, summergirl is probably the most boring, but then at the end he... well, ya know ;-)

titan9 04-27-2005 02:12 PM

Yeah, it kinda builds up to that point. Summergirl is a softer song........but then you're hit with that note at the end.

I also really like "White Flag". "Believe" is another really good track, as is......pretty much every track on the CD.:D

Soundslave 04-27-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
My favorite track is white flag... just AWESOME... in every way...

But they are ALL friggin good. I mean, actually, summergirl is probably the most boring, but then at the end he... well, ya know ;-)

Mars Hotel is my favorite song on the album, but White Flag is a very close second. I love when it picks up toward the end "The grace you give will always fill me up, and I'll savor every bit of that fortune. But if in time this love turns to dust, I pray I don't endure that torture"...and yeah the end of Summergirl will just leave a person speechless.

I am absolutely hooked on Overflow on the Fallout album.

cariocawlad 04-29-2005 08:47 AM

Well, it seems I'm not the only one surprised... And this hole thing make trip about the things that we gonna see in AlterBridge in a near future. Mark choose very well his singer.

TeriB19 04-29-2005 10:21 AM

I love how hard hitting Loose Cannon is, and I always have Sick and Wrong stuck in my head.

scrit 04-29-2005 03:28 PM

I personaly like their softer stuff alot more, like believe, white flag, and don't walk away. To me their harder songs got old after a while, but I still listen to their softer songs all the time. But thats not saying that I dislike their harder stuff by any means!!!

titan9 04-29-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
I love how hard hitting Loose Cannon is, and I always have Sick and Wrong stuck in my head.

Yeah, I love how hard hitting LC is as well. I'm not as much of a fan of Sick and Wrong, but, as I've said before, all the songs on Second Skin are at least good. I'm still waiting to get my hands on "Fall Out", which I'm sure is a great CD as well. Man, I wish I would have heard of Mayfield Four 5 years ago....perhaps I could have gone to a concert. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrit
I personaly like their softer stuff alot more, like believe, white flag, and don't walk away.

Yeah, I also really like the softer stuff. Particularly Forfeit, Don't Walk Away, Mar's Hotel(my favorite song, I think), Believe, White Flag, Carry On and Summergirl. All those songs are awesome.

uncertaindrumer 04-29-2005 04:45 PM

I don't tend to think of white flag as that "soft"... maybe I'm just weird...

RMadd 05-04-2005 12:09 AM

I'm rockin' out to Flatley right now!
5-star songs, as i've rated 'em in my media library:
Mars Hotel
Eden (Turn the Page)
Carry On
Backslide
White Flag
Flatley's Crutch
Believe
Summergirl

RMadd 05-04-2005 12:13 AM

maybe i'm a bit crazy for saying this, but i'm hoping that, for their second album, AB take a more M4-like approach than a Creed-type approach. the lyrics on ODR are a bit too Creedy for me; I wouldn't mind seeing Myles take a greater lead in lyrics-writing, as he did w/ M4. and he & mark would collaborate on the instrument parts. in general, i prefer M4's vibe over AB's. in the past few weeks & months, i've listened to them a fair amount more than AB. for whatever reason, they're just a bit more "listenable" over and over again.

Dogstar 05-04-2005 01:10 AM

I agree with ya, BearFan. I'm hoping for the same. Myles can write music as well and it would be cool to see what they come up with both lyrically and musically.

Bridge of Clay 05-04-2005 09:30 AM

I don't know about that... if they get a Second Skin approach, it would be pretty mellow love/ break-up songs... and they all seem happy with their wives! lol

I really don't think ODR is that Creedish.

RMadd 05-04-2005 11:14 AM

lyrically, ODR does tend to reflect Mark's having spent 10 years alongside Stapp. i think another thing that i like about 'em is the harmonizing. i guess that's not possible since Mark isn't much of a singer.
and as far as many of the songs on Second Skin being mellow, I would have to disagree. yes, they are love-type songs. but Myles' method of conveying his message is different than Stapp's. i believe it was in an interview a few months back that he or Mark said that he's got a more direct style, while Stapp uses analogies, etc. even the slow songs rock pretty hard at some point. and they all depend on Myles' voice. perhaps it's just the fact that it seems to me that he's not being fully himself in AB? something along those lines? i dunno.