CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Yet Another Reason I Adore Mark Tremonti (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4974)

facelessman 11-20-2003 08:54 PM

all i ever hear is Scott Stapp this and Scott Stapp that. i mean, i love Scott too, but what about Mark? How come he gets no love? Anyway, i love Mark because he rocks like none other. :banana: so does the banana

hide 11-20-2003 09:09 PM

stapp and tremonti get all the love what about flip and our touring bass player Brett?

Julbright 11-20-2003 09:39 PM

Because Scott is revealed more than Mark - through the lyrics and the interviews and stuff - most seem to focus on Scott - women are attracted to the substance men the music - so while we also adore Mark - it is harder to feel about Mark because I don't feel like I know much about him. Scott is so out there because he writes the words of the songs....

facelessman 11-20-2003 10:11 PM

yeah true true. one thing i dont like about bands and the media is that they always focus on the lead singer, ya know

Marty 11-20-2003 11:56 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-facelessman+11-20-2003 09:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (facelessman @ 11-20-2003 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> yeah true true. one thing i dont like about bands and the media is that they always focus on the lead singer, ya know [/b][/quote]
Not always true. ;) But most of the time yes.

facelessman 11-21-2003 12:11 AM

hmmm. ok, give me a band.
all i can think of is matchbox-twenty

hide 11-21-2003 12:26 AM

Matchbox 20
Foo Fighters
Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Creed
Nickelback

the list goes on and on lead singers are nearly always the one in the spotlight.

creedlvr 11-21-2003 12:34 AM

I agree that Scott probably get more recognition because he shows so much of himself. You feel like you really know him ... like he's a friend or something.

But in general, I think it only makes sense that the lead singer gets the most attention. It's the face up front and especially the voice that makes a band identifiable. When you hear a song for the first time on the radio, you say ... "that sounds like [enter band or singer's name here]". You don't say ... "Oh that sounds like "so and so" playing the guitar.

It's just what is most recognizable.

hide 11-21-2003 12:35 AM

creedlvr hole in one!

facelessman 11-21-2003 01:01 AM

no when i hear a band i do this:
if the singer sounds like another singer, i say the lead singer of so and so sounds like the singer from so and so,
or if the band sounds like another band, i say the band so and so sounds like the band so and so

facelessman 11-21-2003 01:02 AM

and the thing is, also, that when there are shows like 100 Sexiest artists, they only looked at the lead singers. ladies dont kill me for this, but i think Mark is better looking guy than Scott!

creedlvr 11-21-2003 01:21 AM

funny that you should say that. My husband was with me at the NYE show and we were on Mark's side ... pretty close to the front. Mark looked REALLY good that night. My husband (who knows I drool over Scott) said to me, "why don't you like this guy? He's much better looking than Scott".

I don't know ... it's just something about Scott!

velocityidp 11-21-2003 01:45 AM

:rolleyes: Yeah yeah yeah... I can see the estrogen dripping from you guys. Sheesh... Anyway, every interview I've seen with the 3 (or 4) guys has consisted of Scott blabbing on and on, while the other guys just sit there looking dumbfounded. Heh... he's a long-winded one. Good greif man! Let the other guys talk!

creedlvr 11-21-2003 01:49 AM

i have noticed that too.

Blaize 11-21-2003 01:19 PM

I like them all, but Stapp is the one that drew me into Creed with his voice, so natuarally I tend to be a Stapp mama.
I think they all rock!
soooooo bump this one too