CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   a song AB just must cover! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8289)

aussiecreeder 12-28-2004 11:18 PM

a song AB just must cover!

okay i posted this at alterbridgeband.net but i just have to spread the word. this song allows myles to sing like he was born to, it allows mark to go off, it has dual guitars and its fun. its "run to the hills" by iron maiden! *runs around room playing air guitar* lol.

hayley 12-29-2004 03:38 AM

Wow, that would be a GREAT song for Myles voice to hit the high notes

Steve 12-29-2004 04:29 PM

I still want to hear "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. Mark said they were thinking about that one in an interview a long time ago. I have the Boston album that song is on (on CD and on vinyl!) and I can really see AB doing that song. :D

aussiecreeder 12-29-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I still want to hear "More Than A Feeling" by Boston. Mark said they were thinking about that one in an interview a long time ago. I have the Boston album that song is on (on CD and on vinyl!) and I can really see AB doing that song. :D

yep a bit of Boston would be great, and these 70's songs are a lot of fun. i agree hayley that song would be great at showing off his voice. how does a 16 year old know iron maiden? i'm impressed:).....how bout something more modern like some alice in chains? man in the box anyone?

aussiecreeder 12-30-2004 06:53 PM

hey steve i think i'm willing to jump onto the boston ship. i hadn't heard that song in a while but i listened to it last night and that would be perfect particulary for myles. no reason why can't be greedy and have both though. ;)

DekWannaBFlea 12-30-2004 09:08 PM

I have Boston's first album....It is badass.

I would love them to cover some Soundgarden though.....That would be sweet.

Dogstar 12-30-2004 09:42 PM

I vote for More Than a Feeling as well, along with Soundgarden. Steve, I still have my vinyl of the Boston album...I was, um, a young'un when that came out ;).

johellion 12-30-2004 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I vote for More Than a Feeling as well, along with Soundgarden. Steve, I still have my vinyl of the Boston album...I was, um, a young'un when that came out ;).

Me too!!! lol :D

aussiecreeder 12-30-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

*refuses to make obvious joke* lol
some soundgarden would be sweet although perhaps myles is a bit wary of some of the comparisons in his voice that have already being made. i would like to see the band or even myles solo do some beatles or jeff buckley.

Dogstar 12-30-2004 10:36 PM

Hah! ;)...comparisons aside, it would still be bad-ass to hear him tackle some SG :D

Johellion, right on!

Steve 12-30-2004 11:20 PM

When did the vinyl come out? I lied earlier, the vinyl is actually my parents' and not mine but I still listened to it more than they did :D

Dogstar 12-30-2004 11:24 PM

The album with More Than a Feeling came out in *gasp* 1976!

Steve 12-30-2004 11:34 PM

I wasn't born yet ;)

Dogstar 12-30-2004 11:36 PM

I should have put that in my initial response ;). I knew you were going to say that :D.

Bridge of Clay 12-31-2004 12:10 AM

I've never heard Boston.