CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Relearn Love ~ Scott is Back!!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7154)

Shadow 08-01-2004 04:35 PM

Relearn Love ~ Scott is Back!!!!!!

Scott is back!

The song is amazing. It's better then I ever imagined it would be.

It brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills the first time I heard it - Just like all his songs have ever done to me.

It's not Creed-like at all. It's totally different. It's Scott. It's brilliant. I absolutely love it.

The voice, the lyrics, the passion - it's Scott all the way :D

Torn Signs 08-01-2004 04:38 PM

Well, I hope so b/c I can't hear it until it hits radio stations :(.

Jez 08-01-2004 04:38 PM

did you get my pm?

Torn Signs 08-01-2004 04:48 PM

reokt

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
did you get my pm?

Oh, yes, thank you! Yes, I did. I could hug you a million times I'm full of so MUCH gratitude! I got it just after I posted that, thank you! :D :D :D :o :)

creedtri 08-01-2004 06:38 PM

I wish I could hear it. I've been waiting for scotts stuff, and have heard all the alter bridge stuff.
________
Oregon dispensaries
________
Ford center

Sheila63 08-01-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Scott is back!

The song is amazing. It's better then I ever imagined it would be.

It brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills the first time I heard it - Just like all his songs have ever done to me.

It's not Creed-like at all. It's totally different. It's Scott. It's brilliant. I absolutely love it.

The voice, the lyrics, the passion - it's Scott all the way :D

I totally agree, Robyn. It brought tears to my eyes as well. He sounds awesome and the lyrics are beautiful. :D

Shadow 08-01-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheila63
I totally agree, Robyn. It brought tears to my eyes as well. He sounds awesome and the lyrics are beautiful. :D

It's so much more then I could have ever hoped for Sheila. It's been close to 3 years since we've heard his voice on a new song. I hope we don't have to wait an eternity for the solo CD.

Sheila63 08-01-2004 10:08 PM

I hope we don't have to wait to long either, Robyn. I am so ready to hear more!!

Creed_Defaultgirl 08-01-2004 10:10 PM

I wanna hear it!!!!! :crying:

I'mRational 08-01-2004 10:29 PM

It's a good song. Scott sounded great, and the music is different. I like the backup singers. Does anyone know if someone co-wrote it with him?

Shadow 08-01-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mRational
It's a good song. Scott sounded great, and the music is different. I like the backup singers. Does anyone know if someone co-wrote it with him?

Pretty sure that Scott wrote all the lyrics himself. The Tea Party is the band backing him on this song.

benkenobi 08-01-2004 10:33 PM

Is he going to join up with The Tea Party for good? I know he's working on a solo album, but with a good singer like Stapp I would imagine there are bands looking for a singer.

rabidgopher04 08-01-2004 10:36 PM

where are you people hearing this song?

benkenobi 08-01-2004 10:38 PM

I just listened to "Relearn Love" for the first couple of times. Great song that should fit nicely for the Passion soundtrack. It's good to at least hear all the guys from Creed releasing/writing music. I have all the lyrics from Creed in this spiral bound folder I made & I'll just just keep added Alter Bridge/Scott Stapp lyrics right in with it all! :D

Shadow 08-01-2004 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
Is he going to join up with The Tea Party for good? I know he's working on a solo album, but with a good singer like Stapp I would imagine there are bands looking for a singer.

Ben somewhere here in CreedFeed land there is an article I posted about Stapp's relationship with the Tea Party.

If I remember correctly, any future work between Scott and The Tea Party depended on TP's schedule. They have an album coming out and then they are starting a tour.

I'll see if I can find the article. I'm pretty sure it's still pretty current here in the forum.

aussiecreeder 08-01-2004 10:48 PM

wonder if stapp will ever go the "supergroup direction down the track?

Julbright 08-02-2004 11:11 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Just proves he is awesome no matter what - I miss him and want him back !

theory 08-02-2004 12:38 PM

where can i listen to it. I dont have aol so I cant just type the keyword in. I'd like to receive a pm...hint hint...hah.
I hope Stapps stuff is as good or better than Alter Bridge stuff. Cause that stuff is good. I mean i wanna be friends with it. (that last part was for any anchorman fans.)

cariocawlad 08-02-2004 12:39 PM

Phill Collins, Peter Gabriel...there are too many artists that was in a great band in the past and when break up, they became superstars. I think Stapp has the talent to do the same! He is a great singer and songwriter, his charisma is really bright and he is very creative.

I just can wait for his solo stuff!!

Creed_Defaultgirl 08-02-2004 05:22 PM

Great song guys. I've been listening to it like nonstop......well, I did stop it when I went to bed, and when I listened to metalingus.....which after I listened to I put it back on Scott. I've had it blasting so it can be heard all through the house. Scott, you're great!

Shadow 08-02-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theory
I hope Stapps stuff is as good or better than Alter Bridge stuff.

It is so much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariocawlad
Phill Collins, Peter Gabriel...there are too many artists that was in a great band in the past and when break up, they became superstars.

Good point. I love Phil Collins. He's still creating great music.

cyberman981 08-02-2004 09:22 PM

can i get a pm to listen to the new song, please please

thanks

cyberman

TeriB19 08-02-2004 10:06 PM

How about introductions first, cyberman?

Xterminator27 08-02-2004 10:13 PM

hey actually could someone pass Me a link or PM to the song? Im really curious to see what scotts been up to

foamy 08-02-2004 10:14 PM

Hi! I have been viewing for quite a while & would like to see if I can get a pm to listen to Scott's new song. I am so excited to hear it! (No aol....) :o

Thanks

Xterminator27 08-02-2004 10:15 PM

Illwillpress is a talentless hack,

Xterminator27 08-02-2004 10:29 PM

ANYWAYS thanks to my super-secret-high-authority-special connections i heard it

and it sucks

Shadow 08-02-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
I mean its odd because i listen to creed so much and its the same guy yet its not creed at all, not even close, its more like a Celine Dion type song, and it wasnt bad near the end. I must say i like AB more, but it wasnt as bad as expected

plus usually he dosnt sing that way so its kinda different

Just remember that this song is on the Passion of the Christ CD. So, it might not be what we are used to from Scott.

I can't stop listening to it. I love it. I think Scott sounds great. I never even thought of Creed when I listened to it the first few times.

jurquiza 08-02-2004 11:08 PM

I honestly don't know what to think of it...........i just don't know

Torn Signs 08-02-2004 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi

There may be just that, but Stapp may not really want to join up in another band. Maybe the reason he had issues with the others at the end of Creed was because he wanted to be an individual and go his own way w/o having to have everyone crowd him with the money, lyrics, and musical stress. By being on his own he gets more say on where he feels he wants to go with his voice. I love the song. He's back and I adore it. I especially love the meaning behind it and who it is written about. Many other things can be looked at about it to. Great song. Hope the rest is as great. But of course, with Stapp, it should be. Alter Bridge wants to go on w/o being called Creed so Stapp should be able to go on with his career w/o being labeled as the ex-singer of Creed and as a superstar of his own will. :o

Valbear 08-03-2004 01:16 AM

Okay, I actually downloaded a free trial of AOL for broadband just so I could hear Relearn Love TODAY! I was on the phone for 45 minutes cancelling AOL after I listened to the song a million times. I love it. His voice did sound a little different until the end when he sang harder. I hope after a few days you can just go to AOL.com and listen to it without being an AOL broadband user. I've given up on radio stations in the L.A. area. I haven't heard OYE once, we'll see if they play Stapp. Oh, by the way, I think it should be called Relearn LUV! He really gets into that word!

farmgirl 08-03-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I can't stop listening to it. I love it. I think Scott sounds great. I never even thought of Creed when I listened to it the first few times.

Same here. They lyrics are beautiful and I keep hitting the play button. :)

mushroomy2k 08-03-2004 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmgirl
Same here. They lyrics are beautiful and I keep hitting the play button. :)

:smokin:
good morning rose i just love this song ive been listening to this twice so far this morning it very inspiring and beautiful.
i can hardly wait for his cd to come out now its gonna rock.
im so glad scotts voice is healed cause his voice sounds really good.
we all know scott does read the message boards he said so his self
in a question and answer session i believe it was at the old creednet forums. scott if you do read this board thank you for the beautiful and inspirational song and many more to come.
oh and if that was you who came to my house last year and bought some peace lillies and bamboo remember those plants where guaranteed to all my customers so if anything goes wrong with them i'll replace them for free. ;)
lol have a terrific day everyone. :)

aussiecreeder 08-03-2004 10:40 AM

a more acoustic style suits his voice more IMO and it should add some more time to his vocal chords. struggles a bit more with the harder stuff now it seems, hope i'm wrong. love this;

When time means nothing
And your world is standing still
...but still the world is calling
If you feel me drop and kneel

shunammite 08-03-2004 01:31 PM

I like that "and your world is standing still" line...as a picture of how HOPELESSNESS feels...

Because the real world turns, it gets dark everyday but the sun always comes up the next morning...but sometimes you fall down the black hole and the morning never seems to come, it's like the earth stands still... (And that just gave me something to think about, lol, that Joshua story in the bible...)

In the darkest time, LISTEN...hear "it" calling..and drop and kneel...and rise and walk...

Creed_Defaultgirl 08-03-2004 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valbear
Okay, I actually downloaded a free trial of AOL for broadband just so I could hear Relearn Love TODAY! I was on the phone for 45 minutes cancelling AOL after I listened to the song a million times. I love it. His voice did sound a little different until the end when he sang harder. I hope after a few days you can just go to AOL.com and listen to it without being an AOL broadband user. I've given up on radio stations in the L.A. area. I haven't heard OYE once, we'll see if they play Stapp. Oh, by the way, I think it should be called Relearn LUV! He really gets into that word!

DUDE!!!!! Your avie is cool, hmmm......I haven't see any creed turtles latley :rolleyes: . Haha, that's cool.

Agent D 08-03-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl
DUDE!!!!! Your avie is cool, hmmm......I haven't see any creed turtles latley :rolleyes: . Haha, that's cool.

That's quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen lol.

livetodream 08-03-2004 03:36 PM

would love to here it!!

century githic2purple
Hey can someone send me the song, I don't have AOL and would just love to here it.
Thanx

Xterminator27 08-03-2004 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
That's quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen lol.

A turtle with the creed symbol photoshopped on its back?

musiclover291 08-03-2004 06:54 PM

Just heard the song and I loved it at first I didn't know it was Stapp the music rocks too its got kind of a country feel in the beginning but then it goes rock I loved the music. I was a little nervous about Stapp going solo but he more than delivers. He is blessed with a great talent of writing. The words are so meaningful and thought provoking I can tell they are very meaningful to him. I think that sky's the limit for him as a solo artist know I have more faith in his project can't wait for it to come out. Also I totally forgot about CREED!

Go Stapp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!