CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does anyone ever watch this show? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9620)

hotforscott 09-12-2005 08:00 PM

Does anyone ever watch this show?

Extreme Makeover Home Edition?????

I have been watching this show since the season started, and I must say, it is my favorite show. I get really emotional hearing the stories, and seeing how much they change people's lives for the better. The episode last night was probably the most emotional one yet.

It comes out on DVD Nov. 22, I already have it pre-ordered on Overstock.com, LOL.

It's just an AWESOME show, if there's anyone else who watches it, then they know what I am talking about I'm sure. :)

JulieCitySlicker 09-12-2005 08:02 PM

I've seen it a couple times,I love watching home improvement shows :)

hotforscott 09-12-2005 08:35 PM

I love hearing the stories, and how much the families need the help. I ALWAYS cry, plus I like to see the "themed rooms" for the kids, it's great. Some are more emotional then others, but last night was about the first woman soldier to die in Iraq, 2 years ago, Lori Piestewa, she was Jessica Lynch's roomate, and was actually taken hostage at the same time she was, but didn't live to be rescued, like Jessica was. Leaving behind 2 kids with her parents. She was a single mom, and was living in a trailor that was not even meant to be a permanant home, and they had been living there for 30 years. It was very worn down. Lori and Jessica were best friends and made a pact to eachother to watch after the other one's family, should anything happen to either one of them, and Jessica nominated them, and they got a beautiful 4000 sq ft home on 5 acres of land and 50,000. It was very emotional. There were a lot of details, it was 2 hours long, but a very touching story, and the kids were just SO DARN cute.

RMadd 09-12-2005 09:25 PM

i have watched it once or twice, but just about the only shows i try to watch as much as possible are Prison Break, Family Guy, South Park, and King of the Hill.

hotforscott 09-12-2005 09:32 PM

Prison Break is on here right now. I like Family Guy and King of the Hill, but South Park is to redundant for me. It was funny in like, 1997, but now I can't really get into it.

hayley 09-12-2005 09:32 PM

Ohh I love that show, they always make me cry ... LOL

And mmmmmm .... Tyyyyyyyy :pant: :pant:

hotforscott 09-12-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayley
Ohh I love that show, they always make me cry ... LOL

And mmmmmm .... Tyyyyyyyy :pant: :pant:

I knew there had to be somebody. ;) Ty is a hottie. I like in the beginning, when they are doing the theme song, when he's without his shirt. He has a nice body. It makes me cry, too, but I am addicted.

Trimontana 09-13-2005 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotforscott
Prison Break is on here right now. I like Family Guy and King of the Hill, but South Park is to redundant for me. It was funny in like, 1997, but now I can't really get into it.

I loved that series. When i was on holidays in Florida last week i watched 2 episodes and i really can say its a great serie.

TeriB19 09-13-2005 11:38 AM

I like the show, but I swear to God I almost peed myself laughing Saturday night when MadTV did a parody of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. One kid was born with no body, just a head but loved skateboards, the mother had no facial movement and when she said "I lost my keys" they thought she said "I love tea" so they knocked down the house and built this little Teapot house and everything inside was in the theme of tea, teacups and tea bags. They gave the kid with no body a plate with skateboards on it, he was PISSED and was shouting obscenities. The family was hysterical crying and the team patted themselves on the back for making the family so 'happy'. It was hysterically funny.

hotforscott 09-13-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
I like the show, but I swear to God I almost peed myself laughing Saturday night when MadTV did a parody of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. One kid was born with no body, just a head but loved skateboards, the mother had no facial movement and when she said "I lost my keys" they thought she said "I love tea" so they knocked down the house and built this little Teapot house and everything inside was in the theme of tea, teacups and tea bags. They gave the kid with no body a plate with skateboards on it, he was PISSED and was shouting obscenities. The family was hysterical crying and the team patted themselves on the back for making the family so 'happy'. It was hysterically funny.

That does sound funny. I probably would've laughed my ass off, too. Sometimes they hit the nail on the head when it comes to certain skits, and you can't stop laughing.

Xterminator27 09-14-2005 08:38 PM

That show is dumb, I saw one episode where they gave this richass family a mansion because their other one was old.

The little girl is like

"Yay now i Can ride my horses on proper steedles! In my private race course which was remade"

yhea spoiled kids if you ask me, lets see them redo someones home who NEEDS IT

hotforscott 09-14-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
That show is dumb, I saw one episode where they gave this richass family a mansion because their other one was old.

The little girl is like

"Yay now i Can ride my horses on proper steedles! In my private race course which was remade"

yhea spoiled kids if you ask me, lets see them redo someones home who NEEDS IT

Apparently you haven't ever watched the show. They only help families who need it, X. Believe me, I have seen every episode, and all of the families are VERY deserving. Given the extent of reality TV these days, perhaps you are confusing it with another show.

Xterminator27 09-14-2005 10:47 PM

No, It was the one with the barn. And the little girl gets the picture of her riding her horse, and the town fill their shed with hay, and painted the barn exc.

Ive seen like..... 3 different episodes of it, the one with the burnt down house, the barn, and ok only 2

hotforscott 09-15-2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
No, It was the one with the barn. And the little girl gets the picture of her riding her horse, and the town fill their shed with hay, and painted the barn exc.

Ive seen like..... 3 different episodes of it, the one with the burnt down house, the barn, and ok only 2

Did you know what happened to that "spoiled" girl as you put it? Her dad died in a horrific car accident, and the mother was left with the 2 daughters, then her best friend died, and her only means of making money was by buying and re-selling hay, so they gave them a new start to help them get on their feet. I don't think 2 little girls who lost her father, and a single mother raising them, and losing her support system (best friend) all at the same time, could ever be spoiled, and as for the other episode you saw with the house burning down, if you don't think that would be devastating, then you have some serious issues. Even if you have insurance money from the fire, there are SO MANY sentimental things that cannot be replaced with cash. It's one thing to say that you don't like the show, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to say that they need to start helping those who "need it", is just ignorant, because had you known the facts, you never would've made the comment.

Xterminator27 09-15-2005 07:47 PM

And there are millions of starving children in africa dieing every day.

Im sure they could have sold the 6 year olds plasma TV and bought dinner for 6000 kids, as that may be a tab bit more productive.

They lost their house? They should be happy with being alive themself. Thousands loose their homes every week due to bad weather. Items can be replaced. People cant.