CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Question that has always bothered me... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7736)

Torn Daredevil 10-19-2004 06:27 PM

Question that has always bothered me...

Creed played "Signs" for the first few dates of the Weathered tour, but then it was never played again. Why is that? Has anybody else ever wondered the same thing? I love that song and thought it was really odd. For the final 95% of the Weathered tour, it was the only song off of that album that they did not play.

Any insight?

TeriB19 10-19-2004 07:40 PM

Scott was sick early on in the tour (listen to the Olympics show and you'll remember) and I think Signs was just really hard for him to do live. He had lots of trouble reaching the notes when he'd try to sing "Come with me..." They did it in February at the Meadowlands and at the Olympics show, but after that I don't think they did it anymore.

Trimontana 10-19-2004 07:45 PM

That´s a shame cuz even the lyrics are not than much elaboarted, the melody is very cool....i like the song

Higher_Desire 10-19-2004 08:51 PM

How do you know they didn't play it for the other 95% of the tour? Were you at every show or something? Maybe, if thy did intentionally leave it off, it was just because they wanted to do other stuff instead.

H-D :pimp:

TremontiRx 10-19-2004 09:46 PM

Well I certainly didn't attend the last 95% of the Weathered tour, but I know people who did attend various shows. I'd even venture to say that every single show was reported on at the message boards and setlists were posted. Not to mention that bootlegs have surfaced for many of said shows. So it's not very far fetched for someone who's been around the fansites for a while to make a statement like that.

And as for the question.... I was told that Signs, in particular, did not 'go over' very well, as far as crowd response. I can completely see that, too. I just couldn't get into that one song very well.

Bridge of Clay 10-19-2004 09:49 PM

yeah, I heard that too: no crowd response.

I think that song is below Creed standards... :(

Torn Daredevil 10-19-2004 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
How do you know they didn't play it for the other 95% of the tour? Were you at every show or something?

Don't be so rude. You can see the setlist for each and every show of the Weathered tour right here on this very website. And they did not play "Signs" for that final 95% of the tour.

Don't speak when you don't know what you are talking about. :mad1:

aussiecreeder 10-19-2004 11:24 PM

i really like "signs" but it would obviously be a tough song for scott to pull off when his health isn't 100%.

The Lithium 10-20-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Scott was sick early on in the tour (listen to the Olympics show and you'll remember) and I think Signs was just really hard for him to do live. He had lots of trouble reaching the notes when he'd try to sing "Come with me..." They did it in February at the Meadowlands and at the Olympics show, but after that I don't think they did it anymore.

Yeah, that's right. Although I LOVE the Opening Night Live version! :D