CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Overcome - In my Opinion... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12497)

lexmusic 08-06-2009 02:12 PM

Overcome - In my Opinion...

Hello All,
I recently had the privilege to preview the upcoming 1st single from Creed entitled "Overcome". Being a music lover my entire life and working in the rock biz for the last decade, this is my take on the song. I feel that in every Creed album, MOP, Human Clay, and Weathered, each in their own right showed a consistent growth within the group regarding direction of the album and the ability to write great melody hooks, inspiring lyrics, and rock music instrumentation that just gives you a solid punch in the face. While giving "Overcome" a first-run listen. I noticed a powerful emotional melody, inspiring lyrics, speaking about the ability and entitlement to be able to overcome any obstacle, no matter the size or stature. The music, well the music just 'effin rocked!!! I have to say, by the 3rd listen CHILLS RAN DOWN MY SPINE... Haven't had that happen in a long while...This song not only shows amazing growth within the group, it seems that they are once again working as a "band of brothers" coming together as a single unit waiting to unleash a rage of unharnessed musical power on their audiences. The solo from Tremonti is nothing short of amazing. He continues his quest to be one of the most influential rock guitar gods of this, or any time in music history. I am very proud to be one of the few that got to preview this track off of Full Circle. It just makes me so anxious to hear what is in store for the remainder of the album!! I do not write this to tease anyone, just "overcome" with emotion and had a desire to share my feelings!!! Can't wait until the 25th when all of you cherished friends of Creed get to share my enthusiasm!!!
All the best,
LexMusic

tuluks 08-06-2009 02:17 PM

Re: Overcome - In my Opinion...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CONFIRMING THIS...
hardcore creed fan here and reading this just gives me undescribable feelings...

creed is back baby!

Dark_Knight 08-06-2009 02:22 PM

If only it was out.

XALTERBRIDGEX 08-06-2009 02:50 PM

can't wait to hear it!

nagpo 08-06-2009 05:01 PM

Lex, i dont care unless we can have a listen. I already new creed was good. You didn't tell me anything i already know

codythetiger 08-06-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
Lex, i dont care unless we can have a listen. I already new creed was good. You didn't tell me anything i already know

Well is you want to get specific, if Lex "didn't tell me anything I already know" doesn't that mean Lex did tell you something new. haha

Dude, any new news is welcomed, so get off Lex's back.

Chris98GT 08-06-2009 05:54 PM

No offense, but that sounds like typical PR fluff.

King Oropher 08-06-2009 07:13 PM

bring on the 25th.

nthor 08-06-2009 07:29 PM

the 25 is that single or album????

Dark_Knight 08-06-2009 07:32 PM

Michael's Review...

"My take on Overcome is this... you will be totally surprised but in a good way. It shocked the hell out of me and I thought I had an idea of what was coming. It turns out I had none.

The best way I can describe hearing the song for the first time... it was like the song flew out of my speakers, slapped me across the face and then throttled my neck. This song screams attention! There is nothing like it on the radio right now. Overcome is, without a doubt, Creed in 2009. They did not go the safe route this time. I'm looking forward to all of you hearing it.

Michael Tremonti"

Agent D 08-06-2009 08:02 PM

All of this is fine and exciting but instead of hype how about a concrete date?

Tremontiriffs77 08-06-2009 08:05 PM

Ok
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
Michael's Review...

"My take on Overcome is this... you will be totally surprised but in a good way. It shocked the hell out of me and I thought I had an idea of what was coming. It turns out I had none.

The best way I can describe hearing the song for the first time... it was like the song flew out of my speakers, slapped me across the face and then throttled my neck. This song screams attention! There is nothing like it on the radio right now. Overcome is, without a doubt, Creed in 2009. They did not go the safe route this time. I'm looking forward to all of you hearing it.

Michael Tremonti"

Ok..thank u..I feel at ease now..nice try lex..mike u just put my mind at ease..go creed...

Dark_Knight 08-06-2009 08:05 PM

^The 25th is the concrete date.

Agent D 08-06-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
^The 25th is the concrete date.

I just saw in another thread. Hopefully that stays true and nothing else happens.