CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   who won the oscars? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5981)

Xterminator27 03-01-2004 12:57 AM

who won the oscars?

i think loard of the rings won a few

Julbright 03-01-2004 10:03 AM

Charlize Theron - best actress
Sean penn = best actor
Renee Zellweger - best supporting
Tim Robbins - best supporting

Best Picture - Lord of the Rings

Lord of the Rings won every one they were nominated for (11 I think??)

GeeK_2004 03-01-2004 12:34 PM

I miss the oscars...!!

RMadd 03-01-2004 04:27 PM

Lord of the Rings won 11, tying w/ Ben Hur and Titanic for most in a year. You can go here for a list of all the winners.

Higher_Desire 03-01-2004 04:42 PM

CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I think of the Oscars this year. It's complete BS that Pirates of the Caribbean didn't win anything yet LotR nabs 11. The Oscars suck. Pirates of the Caribbean rules!

H-D :banana:

JulieCitySlicker 03-01-2004 04:54 PM

I didn't watch the Oscars :)
Went to an Oscars party though :D

benkenobi 03-01-2004 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire

That's what I think of the Oscars this year. It's complete BS that Pirates of the Caribbean didn't win anything yet LotR nabs 11. The Oscars suck. Pirates of the Caribbean rules!

The Oscars weren't that bad. LOTR was definately deserving with how much detail and work that went into that trilogy alone. Probably more than a lot of the other nominated best movies combined. The Grammys is what was really pathetic this year.

DangerousDan85 03-01-2004 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire

:laugh:

not too many suprises this year it seems, too bad Bill Murray didn't win

RMadd 03-02-2004 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
The Oscars weren't that bad. LOTR was definately deserving with how much detail and work that went into that trilogy alone. Probably more than a lot of the other nominated best movies combined. The Grammys is what was really pathetic this year.

I'll agree with you there. As much as I like Pirates, I think LotR: RotK was just something else. Simply put, it was spectacular, amazing, etc... very deserving of each award it won (very much unlike Titanic... sure it had good visual effects and a lot of people saw it, but that movie was crap).

Mulletman 03-02-2004 02:52 PM

i didnt watch them, i saw the intro with billy crystal... then said "thats enough of this crap." I think Bill Murray or Johnny Depp should have won. What i want to know is, where was The Matrix? it had better visuals than lotr.

The Lithium 03-02-2004 03:21 PM

I think Jennifer Garner would have won the "best looking person" price! :D Actually she's kick ass at what she's doing and she is SO hot at the same time! :eek:

RMadd 03-02-2004 08:39 PM

I'm thinking The Matrix wasn't nominated b/c these 2 weren't as well received as the initial, and they're more of cult-type movies.

Bridge of Clay 03-02-2004 09:54 PM

LOTR sucks!

*runs for cover*

RMadd 03-02-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
LOTR sucks!

*runs for cover*

good idea, blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!! why do you say it sucks? :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: