CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   More Alter Bridge News... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11090)

eusebioCBR 07-08-2006 12:35 PM

Re: More Alter Bridge News...

^everybody stay tuned for more amusement:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp 07-08-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
I think the next led Zepplin would be a better comparison... lol :D ;)

;)

Anna1011 07-16-2006 10:51 AM

i heard about this a while ago but havent had the chance to comment.

Geez drinking with the LOGAN boys always ends in disaster lol.
Talking from exprience here.

tremonti4life04 07-28-2006 02:54 AM

Damn, I turn my back for about 4 days and this kinda crap starts up. Ok, heres how it is...

Alter Bridge doesnt want to be the next Led Zeppelin, Zep sucked way too much ass and did way too many drugs for AB to even compare. They also dont want to be the next Metallica, you know why? Cuz metallica's first bass player DIED IN A BUS ACCIDENT! Why in the hell would AB want Brian Marshall to die in a bus accident, or for that matter, Myles becoming the human torch on stage? Im sorry, but they dont want that, and neither do we. So..Leave well enough alone because AB doesnt want to be Led Zeppelin cuz they suck, or metallica because everyone in the band has near death experiences.

...End Rant

Peace.

Creed7352 07-28-2006 03:19 AM

hmmm....led zeppelin most definitely do NOT suck.

bilal 07-28-2006 03:22 AM

neither do metallica.....well...talkin about music only arnt we......

tremonti4life04 07-28-2006 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
hmmm....led zeppelin most definitely do NOT suck.

Jimmy Page should have stayed with the yardbirds. Honestly, Zep is cool for 2 things, getting stoned and calling your lost dog back to the porch. Also, i didnt say metallica sucked, i love metallica. In fact, my bands first album is either gonna be called Public Human Inferno, or Shitty Bassist Bus-ride.

Seiously, i do really like metallica, i just never got into why everyone thought Page is a god, he cant hold a candle to a lot of guys as far as song writing , or even speed.

metalchris25 07-28-2006 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
Isn't that what Alter Bridge wants to be.....THE NEXT METALLICA?

How do you justify this? AB will never be good enough to sell tickets to a Metallica show.

GregS 07-28-2006 04:38 PM

AB keep on getting better..

Dogstar 07-28-2006 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
Jimmy Page should have stayed with the yardbirds. Honestly, Zep is cool for 2 things, getting stoned and calling your lost dog back to the porch. Also, i didnt say metallica sucked, i love metallica. In fact, my bands first album is either gonna be called Public Human Inferno, or Shitty Bassist Bus-ride.

Zep is my all-time favorite band. I still listen to them, decades later, because to me, their music kicked some serious ass and still holds up. It wasn't just Page. Like any group, they had a dynamic that to me was magic, everything from voice to rhythm. They had that magic, at least to me. Seriously, I have ton of their albums and I never skip any of the songs on them. You can say you don't like them, but I really don't think you can say they sucked. They did rock, blues, all kinds of stuff. I'm not a musician but that music is in my bones. And what band from that era wasn't doing drugs, lol?

Creed7352 07-29-2006 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Zep is my all-time favorite band. I still listen to them, decades later, because to me, their music kicked some serious ass and still holds up. It wasn't just Page. Like any group, they had a dynamic that to me was magic, everything from voice to rhythm. They had that magic, at least to me. Seriously, I have ton of their albums and I never skip any of the songs on them. You can say you don't like them, but I really don't think you can say they sucked. They did rock, blues, all kinds of stuff. I'm not a musician but that music is in my bones. And what band from that era wasn't doing drugs, lol?

precisely...there most certainly are more talented people out there, but you've gotta look at the time and how long zeppelin have stayed around etc etc...you might not like them, but they didn't suck.

RelearningLove 07-29-2006 09:12 AM

hell, they didn't suck...
apparently AB don't think so...they've done two Zep covers that I know of.

J-Man 07-31-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalchris25
How do you justify this? AB will never be good enough to sell tickets to a Metallica show.

Yet another misguided individual. Metal Chris, let me fill ya in on something - while AB were on stage during the same time as Metallica - GUESS WHAT? Several thousands stayed to watch AB over Metallica.

bilal 07-31-2006 07:12 PM

^ yup.......but what Chris was saying was that apart from such festivals.........AB wont be able to gather a stadium size crowd alone on its own.......well i.e at present times....but surely...AB is growing......i guess the only reasons organisers aranged AB and MEtallica at the same time was may be due to the fact that AB is the only other band in the festival to be able o draw any crowd agaisnt MEtallica........and yes ur right.....it did