CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Waxing Poetica (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Waterfall (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6488)

Dogstar 05-04-2004 05:21 PM

Waterfall

Underneath a waterfall
Wash away the dirt and dust
Of another wasted day

Saddled on a carousel
Drift away from the mind clutter
Of another hazy day

Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t make it today
Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t shake it today

Perched atop a snow-white cloud
Far away from the killing field
Of another blackened day

Caught a wave on sea of green
Float away from the devil’s pull
Of another dying day

Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t make it today
Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t fake it today

aussiecreeder 05-04-2004 09:18 PM

another great job i like the alternate chorus the best;

Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t make it today
Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t fake it today

Dogstar 05-04-2004 09:20 PM

Thanks, hide! I love doing alternate chorus...I'm stealing from Jerry...he does it all the time :D. I love the little twist it can put in the lyrics.

aussiecreeder 05-04-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Thanks, hide! I love doing alternate chorus...I'm stealing from Jerry...he does it all the time :D. I love the little twist it can put in the lyrics.

cool i steal all the time! :) OT but have you got Second Skin yet?

Dogstar 05-04-2004 10:32 PM

No, not yet...I have three things I want this week: Second Skin, The APC DVD single Lost in the Bermuda Triangle, and Zakk Wylde's Hangover Music CD...Must go shopping :D. I think I might have to order the Second Skin one online. We'll see...

aussiecreeder 05-04-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

No, not yet...I have three things I want this week: Second Skin, The APC DVD single Lost in the Bermuda Triangle, and Zakk Wylde's Hangover Music CD...Must go shopping :D. I think I might have to order the Second Skin one online. We'll see...

okay cool i must get the APC DVD as well, apart from that nothing i really want badly until Contraband that hits Aussie stores June 7th. I have to buy my mum a Human Nature CD (aussie boy band), i don't think my ego will allow me to put that cd on the counter. :)

anyhow back to your poem......

Dogstar 05-04-2004 10:41 PM

Hahahah, I hear that...It kills me to buy my mom stuff sometimes. Hehehe, she loves people like Celine Dion and Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston...UGH....

Sincirr 05-04-2004 10:51 PM

It's got a nice shape.

Its good that U R checking out what your main influences are doing in their stuff, and you are applying it to your personal work. Cool.

Dogstar 05-04-2004 11:17 PM

Thanks, Sincirr. Yeah, I always noticed that about Jerry's lyrics, how he'll just change a word or two in a verse or chorus, and it added so much with just that little adjustment.

creedsister 05-04-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
another great job i like the alternate chorus the best;

Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t make it today
Can’t find the way
To tell you why
I can’t fake it today

i just read those lines i liked those to, CANT FIND THE WAY TO TELL YOU I CANT FAKE IT TODAY, good job Dogstar i loved it,

TeriB19 05-04-2004 11:42 PM

Quote:

Drift away from the mind clutter

My life, in a nutshell. Great stuff, Kerri!!

Dogstar 05-04-2004 11:43 PM

Thanks, you guys! Glad you enjoyed it.

aussiecreeder 05-04-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Hahahah, I hear that...It kills me to buy my mom stuff sometimes. Hehehe, she loves people like Celine Dion and Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston...UGH....

hehe well all three can sing but their songs are craptacular well maybe except for mariah's early stuff. my mum must be the world's biggest john farnham fan too.

Dogstar 05-05-2004 11:30 PM

Hahahah, my nephew uses that word, craptacular :D...Cracks me up...yeah, their songs are sooo bad...and all that over-emoting. I can't deal. It hurts my ears.

aussiecreeder 05-09-2004 10:15 AM

Quote:

Hahahah, my nephew uses that word, craptacular :D...Cracks me up...yeah, their songs are sooo bad...and all that over-emoting. I can't deal. It hurts my ears.

LOL it is a great word! :) their songs are crap but there are a couple of mariah songs where i'm left thinking wow that is some range she had.