CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What are you listening to right now! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=188)

SmilinSkullRing 04-13-2004 01:40 AM

Great AIC song!

Stormy Monday - Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy
Album (boot): Ronnie Scott's '87

Dogstar 04-13-2004 01:48 AM

Isn't it though? :jam:

Murder at the Movies -- U.P.O. This is one bad-ass tune!

SmilinSkullRing 04-13-2004 02:11 AM

I'm feeling really dumb right now. lol Who is U.P.O?

Hurt So Bad - Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy

Dogstar 04-13-2004 02:17 AM

LOL, no need to feel dumb at all! I just recently found out about them myself, from another board. Someone mentioned that they had a new CD out and that they had a Dust For Life vibe (another fave band of mine, they are from Memphis, TN), so I thought I would check them out since I love DFL so much. Anyway, this is their second album. The first one came out a few years ago, but I haven't been able to find that one in the stores. I think I ordered it online the other day, but I can't remember, as I ordered quite a few things, hehehe. They definitely have a 90s feel to them, although there is on nu-metal song on it that I could live without. Their single out now is called Free and I have to say it's one of my faves off this CD. I could detect Days of the New, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden (there is one song in which the backing vocals could be Cornell, that's how much it sounds like him), Alice In Chains, STP, you name it. Nothing groundbreaking, by any means, but a good listen.

SmilinSkullRing 04-13-2004 02:22 AM

Thanks for the info. I also just looked down the page and saw the thread you started about them. I just put them on my "albums to buy" list. I'll check out some sound samples, but they sound like a band I will definitely like. I don't have anything from Dust To Life, but I have heard of them and like what I've heard. :)

Wanna Make Love To You - Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy
Album (boot): Ronnie Scott's '87 (they are smoking on guitar!)

Dogstar 04-13-2004 02:27 AM

I love Dust For Life...They have a self-titled CD and a new independently released EP called Degrees of Black. Really good stuff. You can order the EP from their web site dustforlifemusic.com. I think with shipping it comes to about 8 bucks. I don't know if they sell the self-titled at the moment, but if you're interested, I could hook you up with that one. They had some mega legal troubles with Wind Up a couple of years back and they've been trying to get back in the game. Their guitarist sometimes posts at the DFL message board :D.

SmilinSkullRing 04-13-2004 02:34 AM

Cool, I'll check that site out. If I can't get my hands on the self-titled it would be great to get it from you. We could work that out easily with all of those options you have to choose from in my last pm's. ;)

Dogstar 04-13-2004 02:36 AM

Hahahah, yeah, that would rule! I'm still going through the lists :D.

SmilinSkullRing 04-13-2004 02:39 AM

LOL! I have more to add now especially Eric. :)

Dogstar 04-13-2004 02:43 AM

Wheeeeeeeeee! Awesome!

SmilinSkullRing 04-13-2004 02:47 AM

LOL, that's exactly what I think everytime I get new boots.

Rock Me Baby - Eric Clapton and Buddy Guy

SmilinSkullRing 04-13-2004 03:24 AM

Young Man Blues - The Who
Album: Live At Leeds
:jam:

Sincirr 04-13-2004 04:01 AM

Kiling In The Name Of - RATM!(LIVE)

aussiecreeder 04-13-2004 04:49 AM

Guns and Roses-Knocking on Heaven's Door

RMadd 04-13-2004 12:30 PM

<~~~ awesome cover of an awesome song! I think I'll listen to that next!
Time After Time [Live] ~ matchbox twenty