CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What will WU do? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6600)

aussiecreeder 05-15-2004 05:28 AM

i am fairly sure Alter Bridge is being managed by JHMP because it was JHMP that was putting out the info regarding a search for a singer a few months back.

Shadow 05-15-2004 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echelon122
See now, I place more of the blame for the 2002 tour on Ken Fermaglich(sp?) their booker. I tend to think of JHMP as just their representation as far as the Creed Companies go...managing their business interests.

But everything is overseen by JHMP. I don't trust Jeff. He takes too much credit for making Creed who they are.

Quote:

In my opinion, I think Stapp pushed himself, probably more so than anyone else might have been pushing. I think he hated having to cancel shows that spring so much and here they were supposed to be making most of those up..and here he gets sick when they hit Nevada and California to make them up.

I agree with you here Erin. Scott didn't want to disappoint the fans. That's just his nature. But I don't think he healed properly after his accident in April of 2002. I don't think he took the appropriate amount of time off. Right after the accident, things seem to change for them.

Quote:

I think they should have canceled October AND November at that time..let him heal and go from there. I wish they would have. It'd have cancelled 4 shows for me...but I know I'd have been at the re-schedules.

They should have. How do you think Scott felt having to perform when he wasn't 100%? How do you think he felt with the doctors putting all the meds in him so he could perform? They should have taken a break. The fans would have understood. I'll say it again - things could have turned out so differently and they might still be together.

Quote:

Creed was big enough to call their own shots. I think a combo of pride and a growing warped view of things going on didn't help things.

They are big enough to call their own shots. But when management is behind you pushing you to do this and do that and telling you that "x" amount of people depend on you for their salaries - how would you handle it. I'm sure you remember Scott's comments about people only caring about how much money he can make them.

Excerpt from interview on 9/15/2003

Most Painful Moment: "There's been a few, man. Realizing that all everybody gave a damn about was how much money I could make. And didn't give a damn about my health or me as a person. Put my life in jeopardy because of money. Basically when I realized (that) everything around was fake. The only thing that anyone cared about was me being able to make money at all costs. Even at the expense of me as a human being and my health."

Quote:

As far as I know, AB is being managed by Jeff. And I think Stapp might be *shrug* But I wouldn't be totally shocked if here weren't.

Well, don't be shocked if Scott isn't managed by Jeff anymore. I'm sure when their albums come out, so many of our questions will be answered. And let's not forget that Scott now has a new PR person too.

Quote:

They're still tied together through the "Creed companies" anyways and I think it was said a year or so ago they extended Jeff's contract as their manager. *shrug*

Scott and Mark will always be tied together because of the "Creed companies".

aussiecreeder 05-15-2004 08:08 AM

Excerpt from interview on 9/15/2003

Most Painful Moment: "There's been a few, man. Realizing that all everybody gave a damn about was how much money I could make. And didn't give a damn about my health or me as a person. Put my life in jeopardy because of money. Basically when I realized (that) everything around was fake. The only thing that anyone cared about was me being able to make money at all costs. Even at the expense of me as a human being and my health."

it pains me to read that, sure scott has done some things people haven't liked but to have your health put in jeopardy to make a quid? :mad1:

Dogstar 05-15-2004 11:09 AM

Quote:

Evanescence is much stronger because they've matured, lost their generic guitarist Ben Moody. Evanescence sells soley on the fact that Amy Lee kicks ass at singing.

I think her singing sucks, but that's just my opinion. Her voice grates on me. She's the reason I can't stand Evanescence.

Tamawig 05-15-2004 04:05 PM

amy lee

I'd call her singing "over the top"
I loved the original version of seethers "broken" but the version with her for the pubisher soundtrack is a disgrace.

whats up dogstar?

Dogstar 05-15-2004 04:14 PM

Hey, Tamawig, nice to see ya 'round!!!!!! Not much up today. Been going to a lot of concerts, though...Lots of A Perfect Circle, saw Dylan, Neil Young...wishing Jerry C would come EAST already...How 'bout you?

And I totally agree about Amy Lee. Over the top is a good description. And I skip that Seether/Amy mess on the Punisher soundtrack every time. I really can't stand her voice. :D

Shadow 05-15-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I think her singing sucks, but that's just my opinion. Her voice grates on me. She's the reason I can't stand Evanescence.

Their CD is all over the place. I don't think she knows what type of sound she's going for. I really don't mind the singles they put out. Both okay songs (Their titles escape me at this moment and I'm too lazy to look for the CD)

Dogstar 05-15-2004 07:05 PM

LOL, Shadow, I think they were called "Bring Me to Life" and "My Immortal"...Bring Me to Life hurt my ears :D.

Agent D 05-15-2004 07:20 PM

Amy Lee's voice is as awesome as they come. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Dogstar 05-15-2004 08:06 PM

It's all good. We can't all like the same things :D.

Steve 05-15-2004 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamawig
I'd call her singing "over the top"
I loved the original version of seethers "broken" but the version with her for the pubisher soundtrack is a disgrace.

whats up dogstar?

I feel the same way. I love the Seether version of "Broken" but don't like the version with Amy Lee.

Bridge of Clay 05-16-2004 01:46 PM

Amy Lee has a great voice imho. But I don't like Evanescence's sounds. I bought their cd, but I don't listen to it anymore... I mean... My Immortal is a great song, but I don't think her voice matches to Ben Moody's tone.

Anyway, she said their next album is gonna be completely different. I'll make sure to check it out.

Trees of Wisdom 05-16-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
Amy Lee has a great voice imho. But I don't like Evanescence's sounds. I bought their cd, but I don't listen to it anymore... I mean... My Immortal is a great song, but I don't think her voice matches to Ben Moody's tone.

Anyway, she said their next album is gonna be completely different. I'll make sure to check it out.

And by different, it better mean no synthesizer.

Bridge of Clay 05-16-2004 02:20 PM

LOL! She hates WU. She said WU made them add stuff to the album that they (the band) didn't want to.

Trees of Wisdom 05-16-2004 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
LOL! She hates WU. She said WU made them add stuff to the album that they (the band) didn't want to.

If you ask me, Wind-Up is starting to act like other labels now. :rolleyes: