CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mayfield Four (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6412)

Steve 04-23-2004 12:09 PM

Mayfield Four

Well I finally got ahold of "Fallout" and "Second Skin" albums of Mayfield Four. "Fallout" is a bit different... it's listenable but it's going to get some time for me to get used to. "Second Skin" on the other hand is an awsome CD!!!! If you don't have this one, go get it somewhere. I can't believe I never heard this when it came out. A few of the songs remind me of the band Big Wreck if you know who that is (the lead singer of Big Wreck is Ian Thornley of the new band Thornley ...)

The Lithium 04-23-2004 12:13 PM

How does Kennedy sound? I have a few Mayfield Four songs on my computer, but how is it to listen to him for one hour? Does he seem to fit with Mark's riff?

Steve 04-23-2004 12:36 PM

He sounds great. I don't know how he'll sound with Mark since I never really Mark's own stuff. I've only heard Creed stuff. Myles singing on top of Creed songs - I can hear that happening on some. We'll see...

I think Myles is a great vocalist though!! :rockon:

The Lithium 04-23-2004 01:58 PM

Nice!! And due to Micheal he's a even nicer human being.

Dogstar 04-23-2004 07:20 PM

Cool, thanks for the info, Steve.

WeatheredWoman 04-23-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Well I finally got ahold of "Fallout" and "Second Skin" albums of Mayfield Four. "Fallout" is a bit different... it's listenable but it's going to get some time for me to get used to. "Second Skin" on the other hand is an awsome CD!!!! If you don't have this one, go get it somewhere. I can't believe I never heard this when it came out. A few of the songs remind me of the band Big Wreck if you know who that is (the lead singer of Big Wreck is Ian Thornley of the new band Thornley ...)

It's funny that you mention Thornley... I said something quite like that in my THORNLEY-thread... Ian sound like Myles in the higher parts of their single 'So Far So Good'...

http://www.creedfeed.com/community/s...97&postcount=9

And YES!! 'Second Skin' is an awesome album!!

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 08:13 PM

someone should have started a MF4 thread ages ago......oh well. Anyhow I own Second Skin and I have Fallout on the way. From what I understand Fallout is a little different and not as straight-up rock although there are songs like Don't Walk Away. Second Skin is an album you should like straight away. There is this one part in the song Mars Hotel that is out of this world, those who have heard the album should know what I am talking about. Myles was also in a band pre-MF4 "Citizen Swing" that is more jazz/rock from what I understand.

As for his voice I think the comparisons to Chris Cornell and Jeff Buckley are valid, far from being a rip-off though he sounds orignial and that is a major compliment. I think his voice sounds the best when he is singing ballads rather then going over the top of the loud rockers. When I first heard "Summergirl" (from Second Skin) I had to make sure I haden't put Grace on instead! :D

The man is certainly talented, there a couple of solos there by Myles on their second album that are not bad. The solo during a song "Believe" at the end of the song is very nice indeed. Zia their drummer has to be one of the better drummers around. Anyone know the band's future? I guess it is going to be a couple of years at least until they or Myles does another album.

WeatheredWoman 04-23-2004 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
...although there are songs like Don't Walk Away.

That's my fav ballad!!!! I soooo love his voice in that song!!!

:note: ...I surrender to you today... :note:

:thud:

Quote:

Originally Posted by puthimup
I think his voice sounds the best when he is singing ballads rather then going over the top of the loud rockers.

That's my opinion too! :smokin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
The man is certainly talented, there a couple of solos there by Myles on their second album that are not bad. The solo during a song "Believe" at the end of the song is very nice indeed.

Yep... I have to agree with you again on the Believe-solo :thumbsup:

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
That's my fav ballad!!!! I soooo love his voice in that song!!!

:note: ...I surrender to you today... :note:

:thud:

That's my opinion too! :smokin:

Yep... I have to agree with you again on the Believe-solo :thumbsup:

glad someone agrees with me come on Myles I want one solo from you on this record! :D he has great control of his voice and don't walk away is a great example. na na na na na nothing is going to change him hehe

Alter Shredder 04-24-2004 10:39 AM

where can you find their cds?

Steve 04-24-2004 01:01 PM

Try a local used CD store, or Amazon.com has sellers selling them used.

benkenobi 04-24-2004 01:39 PM

Does anyone have "Don't Walk Away" that we could hear?

benkenobi 04-24-2004 01:47 PM

Wait, here's a link that has some early demos and original versions of "Don't Walk Away" and "Eden" (remix) to download...

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~plumm...dio/index.html

Thanks to www.themayfieldfour.net/

Trees of Wisdom 04-24-2004 02:31 PM

I just bought both of their albums on half.com and they were brand new! It cost me about 10 bucks for the two albums.

hide 04-25-2004 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
I just bought both of their albums on half.com and they were brand new! It cost me about 10 bucks for the two albums.

hey that is preddy good, a bit over 20 for me for used copies (mid-priced) including shipping to Australia. what do you think of fallout? when he holds that note in "summergirl" during Second Skin that is just awesome. lyrically he is probably mid-range. he's nothing great but there are far worse. musicianship and vocal ability is right up there with anyone else though.