CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   US Album Chart/Sales (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7540)

ctfan 09-29-2004 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
I see, what's why your status is still "Unspoken" and you've posed 43 posts? Hahah! :D

HUH :confused: . What does the # of posts that I have got to do with anything in this thread???

The Lithium 09-29-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
I'm not the one who asked the question about record sales. I just put the info out here.

Just sounded like it's your job to keep us updated, and that you've done that for quiet a while.

kariyanine 09-29-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

I see, what's why your status is still "Unspoken" and you've posed 43 posts? Hahah! :D

Lith, what does his status or the number of posts have to do with anything?

The Lithium 09-29-2004 04:24 PM

Isn't that pretty clear?

farmgirl 09-29-2004 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kariyanine
Lith, what does his status or the number of posts have to do with anything?

That's what I'd like to know. Someone who has thousands of posts is no more credible than someone with 10. Depends on how much free time someone has. I don't have all that many really for the length of time I've been here...there is life outside cyberworld, LOL. Kids have alot more free time to spend on boards. :)

Jooji_2 09-29-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Maybe some people prefer quality over quantity.....hahaha. :D

Dogstar 09-29-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

HUH :confused: . What does the # of posts that I have got to do with anything in this thread???

Absolutely nothing. Lith, let's stop with the bs about post counts. It has nothing to do with a person's opinion.

aussiecreeder 09-30-2004 01:08 AM

there is life outside cyberworld? no way.....hey so i should go outside on a sunny day? ;)

I'mRational 10-02-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) From the RIAA wesbsite....

"The RIAA® Gold® and Platinum® Awards program was launched in 1958 in an effort to create a standard by which to measure sales of a sound recording. In the beginning, there was only a Gold® album award for the sale of 500,000 copies. As the industry grew, other awards were developed. The Platinum® award (1,000,000 sold) was created in 1976 and with the advent of the compact disc and the subsequent increase in sales, the Multi-Platinum™ award was created in 1984. On March 16, 1999, the RIAA® launched the Diamond® Awards, honoring sales of 10 million copies or more of an album or single."

It's 500,000 SOLD, not shipped.

Sorry, I didn't think to add this to my reply. Here is a link for more info on certifications....

http://www.riaa.com/gp/certification/default.asp

This question was raised in another forum, and the above was my reply.
From the information given by they RIAA, Alter Bridge has not earned a Certified Gold Record. At least not by the standards given here. If in fact Michael you think they are wrong...by all means send them an e-mail, and alert them to please update their info.... :D

Actually, it is based on shipment minus returns. AB is certified Gold, but it takes a while for Certifications to be made public. From RIAA.com:

We are often asked why we don’t just use sales figures from SoundScan. SoundScan measures over-the-counter sales at music retail locations, while the RIAA®'s certification levels are based on unit shipments (minus returns) from manufacturers to a wide range of accounts, including non-retail record clubs, mail order houses, specialty stores, units shipped for Internet fulfillment or direct marketing sales, such as TV-advertised albums. The other difference is that SoundScan's archive is only a few years old, while the RIAA® has tracked artists' sales levels for more than 40 years.

The Lithium 10-03-2004 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
Maybe some people prefer quality over quantity.....hahaha. :D

:wtf:

creeddane 10-03-2004 03:40 PM

I guess the hurricanes went to Sweden.... :D

The Lithium 10-04-2004 04:25 PM

They did?

aussiecreeder 10-04-2004 09:07 PM

hey lith you wouldn't be blond by any chance would ya? ;)

The Lithium 10-07-2004 04:25 PM

Haha
1) I am a guy
2) No, actually I'm not, haven't you seen the pic of me and AB? I'm not blond, hahahah! :D