CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   hilary vs. amy (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7104)

jbjfan 07-20-2004 08:10 PM

hilary vs. amy

Hilary Duff: "I think evanescence has a pretty bad influence on children. They're okay for now, but i dont think they'll be popular two years from now."

For all the fellow evanescence fans out there, what do you think of this. i got really pissed when i first heard it. evanescence has anything but a BAD influence on kids. :mad1:

DangerousDan85 07-20-2004 11:39 PM

"but i dont think they'll be popular two years from now."

those words may come back to haunt her. child stars don't exactly have a great track record of longevity. lol

Dogstar 07-21-2004 01:26 AM

Hahah, true dat, Dan...I think they both are talent-less, but that's just me.

aussiecreeder 07-21-2004 03:27 AM

hilary will be gone soon enough but i don't care for either really. saying that evanesence are surely better than hilary duff, although with ben moody gone i don't know if the next album will do any good.

Bridge of Clay 07-21-2004 10:39 AM

who's Hillary? (I'm serious)

meh... evanescence is over rated. I don't even listen to Fallen anymore... and yeah, if you think it's ok for a kid to be inspired by vampires and gothics, whatever. to each it's own.

Amy is cute, though! :)

luvscott4ever 07-21-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

I'm with you Bud!! ;)

Mulletman 07-21-2004 06:05 PM

Oh... shes quoting Hillary Duff... I thought that was jbjfan comparing both of them... stupid me. Evanesence is totally overrated and overhyped. I mean I like the music but I dont believe that she/them are all that the press makes them out to be. IMO all female rocker are overhyped by the media. I think its because there arent that many around and when they do come around they make one hell of a first impression. I dunno, thats me.

As for Hillary, she nothing more than a pop star. They sing songs that are uplifting and are what thier target audience wants to hear. Thier songs might have a meaningful message but since it didnt come from the heart and feeling isnt there, bubblegum pop.

JulieCitySlicker 07-24-2004 01:18 AM

I think those words frm Hilary Duff are gonna come back and bite her in the butt, just as Dan said ;) How in the heck did they let that chick sing :eek:

Mr. Prophet Man 07-25-2004 01:59 AM

Amy Lee is hot

Mulletman 07-25-2004 08:20 AM

Indeed.

Higher_Desire 08-03-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
who's Hillary? (I'm serious)

meh... evanescence is over rated. I don't even listen to Fallen anymore... and yeah, if you think it's ok for a kid to be inspired by vampires and gothics, whatever. to each it's own.

Amy is cute, though! :)

Hilary (Duff) is a teen actress. She played Lizzie McGuire on a TV show of the same name, and has tried to start a singing carreer, as well as still being an actress.

As for the rest of it, I like Evanescence and don't see what Hilary is talking about saying they have a bad influence. Unless she is simply referring to Amy Lee's semi-goth look.

Through it all, I'd still bone either one of them.

H-D :pimp:

PaulMcCoygirl 08-03-2004 02:47 AM

IMO Hilary is just a piece of crap. I liked Lizzy McGuire, but when she started a singing career, I couldn't stand her anymore.

JulieCitySlicker 08-16-2004 04:34 PM

I could never force myself to sit through an episode of Lizzy McGuire :eek: If I ever did I'd probably want to slit my wrsits at the end,lol.

kariyanine 08-16-2004 04:50 PM

rock bands tend to have more longevity than pop stars do so I think that her comments are going to turn on her. Hilary Duff has never been at the top of her genre. Evanescence has. And currently anything Amy Lee touches turns to gold.

As for Evanescence being a bad influence, I would rather my daughter watch an Evanexcence video than a Hilary Duff video but that is just my opinion.

Trees of Wisdom 08-17-2004 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

Evanescence are close to Linkin Park, talent-wise, so yeah, they're not talented.

I was really disappointed when I bought Fallen. Terrible, terrible album. I am not planning on buying their next album.