CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Am I the only one sick of WAWO? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12607)

Chris98GT 09-04-2009 02:55 PM

Am I the only one sick of WAWO?

I used to like it back in the day, but when I heard it live last weekend, I actually winced. Such cheese.

I have no idea when, why or how this transformation of opinion occurred.

maccamer 09-04-2009 06:11 PM

Re: Am I the only one sick of WAWO?

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedisthebest
Nope, i'm not sick of it. Quite frankly I think it's the best thing ever produced by Creed.

Very true! It doesn't get much more from the heart than that! That album just kicks ass anyways!:smokin:

nagpo 09-04-2009 06:35 PM

That's the one they won a grammy for, right?

King Oropher 09-04-2009 08:19 PM

reading the lyrics I think it's such a well written song, although I am a bit tired of hearing it because it's been played so many times. Still rate it highly though.

Agent D 09-04-2009 09:40 PM

It's just way overplayed, that's all. It's still a good song, it's just been overplayed for like eight years now.

WHATSTHISLIFE4 09-04-2009 10:09 PM

what can you say about this? I don't even know how to really comment on something like this. Creed is Creed. To me, every song they make is listenable. Maybe, I'm just too much of a Creed fan but I haven't got tired of hearing none of their songs. I dare you to check out the acoustic version of WAWO. A great performance. Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdtPRWkc1bQ

nagpo 09-05-2009 12:30 AM

Good video, but whenever stapp holds his arms open....it turns me off. I hope he doesnt do it anymore, it's really cheesy and puts me off.

BSC 09-05-2009 03:20 AM

I like WAWO.

I can understand why you don't like it though. I'm a Nickelback fan and I hate Rockstar, because it was overplayed (well you could argue it was a bad song..). Also if it wasn't for Rockstar Nickelback wouldn't have sold out..

Dark_Knight 09-05-2009 03:35 AM

Creed owns Nickelback :) and WAWO is a great song...it didn't win a Grammy for nothing.

creedm1981 09-05-2009 11:09 PM

yup creed does own nickelback. i read in an interview that chad kroeger didnt like creed... neither does chris cornell of audioslave.......

BSC 09-06-2009 04:21 AM

I agree Creed does own Nickelback.. I wasn't trying to start an arguement by my first post.

Chad Kroeger said in an interview that he's never liked Creed even though Creed have been thanked on most albums.

XALTERBRIDGEX 09-06-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSC
I agree Creed does own Nickelback.. I wasn't trying to start an arguement by my first post.

Chad Kroeger said in an interview that he's never liked Creed even though Creed have been thanked on most albums.

Just curious as to why they thank them on thier albums?

creedm1981 09-06-2009 11:39 AM

because theyre retarded and dont know what they like.........

George Brasil 09-06-2009 05:13 PM

I am not tired of WAWO, but I have to be honest, it's the last song I watch live on youtube when there are videos from recent shows.

BSC 09-07-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX
Just curious as to why they thank them on thier albums?

I suppose Nickelback must have toured with Creed.. Or played at the same festival or something.

My Sacrifice 09-07-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSC
I suppose Nickelback must have toured with Creed.. Or played at the same festival or something.

Or by breaking up Creed gave them the number 1 spot on the radio and allowed them to become the band that most people love or hate.

maccamer 09-07-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSC

Creed had Nickelback open the shows in 2000 with Sevendust. That is why Sevendust has always given Creed respect. Creed exposed BOTH bands to mainstream national audiences. Nobody had barely even heard of Nickelback prior to touring with Creed except for their local following in Canada. They had one song on the radio.... Leader of Men. After that, Nickelback exploded with popularity. And yes, they did put on a great show and had some great songs that nobody had heard.

Interesting note: They don't even play that single during their live shows anymore. I saw Nickelback on Aug 29th at the Gorge in WA, I couldn't believe they played nothing off their first album The State. Not Leader of Men or Breath. Sell out F*ckers!!!:mad1:

XALTERBRIDGEX 09-07-2009 12:44 PM

But Chad kroeger has said in interviews he doesnt like Creed? Talk about contridicting yourself...Whatever, Ya Nickelback can thank Creed for having a credit card thats got not limit!

On a Sevendust note, ya I remember Sevendust fans calling them sellouts for touring with Creed but I know all the guys in Sevendust are friends with Mark,Brian, and Flip

BSC 09-07-2009 02:19 PM

Chad Kroeger contradicting himself.. Yeah... Remember when he said he didn't want kids playing Guitar Hero? Two weeks after Nickelback's song "Because of You" was released onto Guitar Hero: World Tour.. Yes I bought it.

To Maccamer they haven't played anything off The State/Curb for a very LONG time. Probably because their fanbase mostly consists of female teenagers who wouldn't know good music/lyrics if it was put in their face.

George Brasil 09-07-2009 04:12 PM

That sucks for Nickelback. I remember liking them around 2001/2002 and I loved The State, to be honest I never liked Kroeger's voice but the music rocked. By now I think Nickelback is just a bunch of guys wanting to earn some extra cash, and what most sucks about Nickelback is that they "fired" their first fan base when they start releasing some purely comercial songs.

I can't believe they don't play "Leader Of Man" anymore.

For Sevendust, I love them! I remember last year Lajon said he respects Alter Bridge and the guys a lot for all the respect and support the guys, when they were first in Creed, had to them and he also said Stapp helped them a lot too.