CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Prayer request (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4283)

souldancer 01-04-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
You guys are the best. I'm ready to cry...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

:hugs: :peacelove :

Dogstar 01-07-2004 03:49 AM

:hugs: :), SD...

Update on my friend...The surgery he had was more like prep surgery and a little relief from the tumor and also to flush his liver, as they put it. The cancer had just started there, but they think it won't be a problem. He came through the surgery fine and the docs are going to work on shrinking the tumor so that they can get it all out. They are pretty optimistic, which is good. The tumor is really big and they are afraid they might miss some of it or something if they tried to take it all out now. He's not sure when the next surgery will be and I guess that will depend on how much smaller the tumor gets. For now, though, at least he can finally eat! He is in pretty good spirits and I told him I have all my friends praying for him! Y'all are doing a great job, so keep it up :D!!!! THANK YOU, really, from the bottom of my heart.

whitebird 01-07-2004 03:11 PM

That sounds like really positive news about your friend. I'm sure that a slow approach to the surgery and healing process is frustrating, but I'll say a prayer that he keeps his spirits up.

I think that you would be a very good friend to have, if a person were going through a serious illness. They are lucky to have you close to their hearts.

Dogstar 01-07-2004 05:25 PM

:hugs: whitebird...thanks for the kind words, but I'm the lucky one, to have such great friends :D.

JulieCitySlicker 01-07-2004 06:25 PM

Dogstar,
That sounds like some good news there :dancing: Looks like things are looking up for your friend! Thats awesome! I'll continue to pray for him ;) Whitebird is right, he is lucky to have you there with him :hugs:

Dogstar 01-07-2004 06:54 PM

Awwww, thanks, Julie, and thanks for the continued prayers...He will need all the help he can get :hugs:.

JulieCitySlicker 01-07-2004 06:55 PM

Your Welcome Girl :D

SCOTTSMYMAN 01-07-2004 07:18 PM

Kerri that is wonderful news. I 'm soo glad he is doing much better! Just having been through all of this myself with Steve and surgeries and chemo it can be a long hard process. But it can only get better! Huge :hugs: and prayers are headed your way! Please keep us posted and let him know he has a wonderful friend and a bunch of crazy women sending prayers and support his way! ;)

Dogstar 01-07-2004 07:47 PM

Thanks so much, Kris...This really means a lot to me.

Sheila63 01-07-2004 08:25 PM

I'm so happy to hear your friend is doing well, Dogstar. I was thinking about the both of you on Monday.:hugs: I will continue to send positive thoughts his way and pray for him to get stronger and healthier. Everyone is right, he's lucky to have a great friend like you to be there for him. Please let us know how he's doing.

Dogstar 01-07-2004 08:31 PM

Thanks so much, Sheila...I'll definitely keep y'all posted!

Creed_Defaultgirl 01-10-2004 03:42 PM

That is great news, Dogstar. I hope he keeps getting better and better. Cancer is a scary thing.

TeriB19 01-12-2004 06:01 PM

I just found out today that my girlfriend who is 40 with two small children is having a reoccurance of the colon cancer she had 3 years ago. Back then she had surgery to remove it, and then 6 months of chemo. It's back now and has spread to her left ovary. They did surgery and took the cancer and the ovary. Now she faces more treatment. Please keep her in your prayers.

Dogstar 01-12-2004 11:53 PM

Done, Teri!!!

Sheila63 01-13-2004 08:14 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, Teri. I will keep you, her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.:hugs: