CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mark's singing (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10617)

Justify 03-03-2006 08:37 AM

Mark's singing

I was just listening to the acoustic version of MOP. In this version you can hear Marks voice very good on the chorus. Marks voice is awesome. I wonder why he didn't want to be the lead singer as well as the guitarist of his new group. You know as well as I do if he came out with a solo album it would sell a ton of records.

uncertaindrumer 03-03-2006 10:17 AM

Re: Mark's singing

No. Mark cannot be a lead singer. He had pretty decent back-up vocals, that doesn't make him a good singer. He knows it. We all know it. That's why he got the best singer in the business to sing for him.

Justify 03-03-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
No. Mark cannot be a lead singer. He had pretty decent back-up vocals, that doesn't make him a good singer. He knows it. We all know it. That's why he got the best singer in the business to sing for him.

When have you heard him sing anything other than backup? How do you know he cannot sing? Before Creed was actually going to breakup wasn't he considering a solo album as a side project? Wasn't he going to sing on that one? Also, Myles is great but I don't know if he is the best singer in the business (IMO)

RoffeDH 03-03-2006 10:34 AM

Name ONE other singer that isn't already taken that's better then him... One! Plus, I've heard him sing other then backup, I have a live pice on my computer where he sings a Metalica song that I at the moment can't remember the name to... And it's decent, but not okey... It's ruff... But I belive he's taking vocal lessons, and francly that's good...

eusebioCBR 03-03-2006 10:37 AM

Mark talked about this in an interview and he said, " I just didn't have the chops". I wish I could remember wich interview but there were just so many prior to the Alter Bridge release.

RoffeDH 03-03-2006 10:40 AM

Yeah... So... He isn't a good singer... But he's a hell of a good guitar player! ;)

GregS 03-03-2006 10:41 AM

Mark would be okay singing but hes better with Myles.

RoffeDH 03-03-2006 10:45 AM

Way better... And if you work alone, you tend to go in cirkcles... So it's better to work in pair of group...

facelessmike 03-03-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebioCBR
Mark talked about this in an interview and he said, " I just didn't have the chops". I wish I could remember wich interview but there were just so many prior to the Alter Bridge release.

Yeah, he has said that he's not a very good singer. I remember that interview. He might have a decent voice, but he cant really belt it out.

facelessmike 03-03-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
Yeah... So... He isn't a good singer... But he's a hell of a good guitar player! ;)

Yeah, he does make up for it!! :D

Ana4Stapp 03-03-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justify
I was just listening to the acoustic version of MOP. In this version you can hear Marks voice very good on the chorus. Marks voice is awesome. I wonder why he didn't want to be the lead singer as well as the guitarist of his new group. You know as well as I do if he came out with a solo album it would sell a ton of records.

NO!!!!!!!!! I want Myles singing (and writing the lyrics as well) !!!! ;)

cariocawlad 03-03-2006 12:54 PM

He could do a duet in a one song for the next album...It would be amazing!

Peace.

Bridge of Clay 03-03-2006 01:26 PM

Justify,

the solo project was to have featured guitarists soloing with him: Carlos Santana, Steve Vai, Michael Angelo and Bill Peck were to be invited, but it never worked out coz they didn't have the time, specially after they decided to form a new band.

Creed7352 03-03-2006 01:50 PM

marcos, i believe he justify was talking about downshifter, not that "supergroup collaboration" you've mentioned.

and i have mark singing part of "enter sandman" and he's not bad, but there are times where his voice just doesn't cut it...mark knows that, and that's the reason he said he didn't want to sing for alter bridge.

Justify 03-03-2006 02:23 PM

My post was only based off of his live performance of MOP so I wasn't really saying he would be better than Myles. I really would just like to hear him sing some of his songs. Hey Creed7352, I'd like to get a copy of that "enter sandman" you have.