CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Heartfelt wishes for out troops! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=874)

JenRN 12-12-2002 08:38 AM

Heartfelt wishes for out troops!

With the possibility of impending war upon us, say a few prayers for the men and women fighting for our freedom we all love! Even if you don't "believe" or agree with war, the simple fact remains it is REAL and here! Living in the Washington DC area myself I have seen several troops deployed recently and how hard it is to be away from their families for so long, not knowing if they will return safely! My father did it, my grandfather did it and it is just as hard today because we are fighting such a different war, so scary and so unsettling!
So when you think of the holidays, also say a little prayer for them, as they are literally going into a battlefield of uncertainty and evil!

TeriB19 12-12-2002 10:45 AM

Jen, thank you so much for this thread. I pray everyday for those that are already in the middle of it and for those who may be pulled away from their families to help. My husband served 6 years in the Navy and is currently in the Reserves, and I pray on a daily basis that he and his battalion stay right where they are.

Weathered 12-12-2002 07:06 PM

my sisters b/f is in the marines and he has not yet gone over but after 9/11 he had to always have his bags packed incase he got called

Read JDM 12-12-2002 10:09 PM

This is a great thread. I am always 100% behind our soldiers and wish them the best, but by and large I never think to actually pray for them. I don't know why that is. However, now that you've reminded me, I most certainly will.

I think it's unfortunate how sometimes, when someone is against war in general or against a certain war in particular, it seems as if they're rooting against our military. It's not always the case, obviously, but sometimes it is. I would hope for those who feel this way that they can get behind our men in uniform if they do, indeed, go to war. If we can find more peaceful solutions to usurping the powers of destruction, even better.

The United States military has beaten back the forces of evil for 200 years now, overthrowing tyranny, slavery (some of the military anyway), facism, communism, fundamentalism of all shapes and sizes, and some of the most horrific dictators the world has ever known. God bless every single man and woman who goes to battle on behalf of us and our constitution. They are, in my mind, going to battle on behalf of every freedom-loving person the world over.

TeriB19 12-12-2002 10:20 PM

Perfectly worded, Read. Thanks for the support.

Dogstar 12-12-2002 10:28 PM

Amen, Read...I have a reservist friend who's somewhere overseas (he can't say where), and I am praying for him and everybody else who is fighting for us.

allison 12-13-2002 01:04 PM

I am so glad you thought to make this thread, Jen. It’s so important. As a child of a career Navy man and the grandchild of two WWII vets, I have a deep appreciation for what the military and our soldiers do for us, as Americans. Thanks for the reminder to pray for them, and for our leaders, too, so that they will make wise choices.

JenRN 12-13-2002 10:01 PM

I have so much respect for our troops! they need to be comended more than they are!:)

souldancer 12-14-2002 12:12 AM

...prayers for families faced with this sadness
...prayers that 'leaders' be lead by wisdom
...prayers extending out to domestic evils of hate, bigotry, ignorance, cruelty and greed in our country's homes, communities and the nation.

JenRN 12-14-2002 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
...prayers for families faced with this sadness
...prayers that 'leaders' be lead by wisdom
...prayers extending out  to domestic evils of hate, bigotry, ignorance, cruelty and greed in our country's homes, communities and the nation.

Amen! ;)

iris69 12-15-2002 12:28 AM

god bless our troops and keep them safe!

Amish Warlord 12-15-2002 12:41 PM

Tools of the government. We have no reason for being in iraq, korea, anywhere. We need to start learning to keep to ourselves. We were originally an isolationist people, but as our sociopolitical power grew, we now feel the need to butt in to everyone elses affairs.. that's just wrong... and our men will die for it. i'm sorry for that... but, if you're dumb enough to join the military and risk that... more power to you.

-J

Dogstar 12-15-2002 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amish Warlord
but, if you're dumb enough to join the military and risk that... more power to you.

-J

You are so clueless that it's scary. Regardless of whether we agree with the policies and actions our government is taking, the men and women who are stuck carrying out those actions and policies deserve our support and best wishes. You have no idea why people join the military, and until you have walked in their shoes, you have no business calling them dumb.

Amish Warlord 12-15-2002 12:50 PM

all i know is, i never would, because i'm not risking my ass for something i don't believe in. that's what it comes down to, my friend.

-J

Dogstar 12-15-2002 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Amish Warlord
all i know is, i never would, because i'm not risking my ass for something i don't believe in.  that's what it comes down to, my friend.

-J

The world is not black and white. When you grow up a little, you'll see that it's mostly gray.