CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Please play Watch Your Words for Michael (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10285)

The Lithium 01-05-2006 10:14 AM

Please play Watch Your Words for Michael

Please play Watch Your Words 9pm GMT, (21:00), tmorrow night. (Friday the 6th).

This idea came up a few days ago on ABB.net. Since Watch Your Words is Michael's favorit AB song, we thought we'd try to spread more positive energry around him by all playing this song at the exact same time.

Here's the original thread up at ABB.net --> AlterBridgeBand.net

RoffeDH 01-05-2006 10:36 AM

Re: Please play Watch Your Words for Michael

So for sweden it would be at eight? Right? (20:00)... On americas westcost it would be 12:00

The Lithium 01-05-2006 10:42 AM

Nah, we're + one hour in Sweden, aren't we? So it'd be around 22:00 PM, for us.

titan9 01-05-2006 12:32 PM

Will definitely do. If I'm not mistaken, that's about 9:00 PM EST here in Michigan.

RMadd 01-05-2006 07:12 PM

actually, i think EST is 5 hrs behind GMT, so that would make it around 4 pm. someone else correct me if i'm wrong, but then that would be 3 pm for CST, 2 pm for MST, and 1 pm for PST.

Dogstar 01-05-2006 07:40 PM

Yep, you are correct, BearFan.

And this is a cool idea. I'm in.

guitardude1985 01-05-2006 07:52 PM

Can do :smokin:

facelessmike 01-05-2006 08:56 PM

Definitely!!
Lets see...that would be 2 pm for me
Here's to Michael rocking on! :D

RobertGene13 01-05-2006 09:33 PM

This should help...

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Get better Michael.

rabidgopher04 01-05-2006 11:05 PM

And this will help how...?

Maybe we should all play at the same time favorite songs for kids who have cancer! 'Cause, gee, they'll be able to hear it and all...

Ana4Stapp 01-05-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Why not ? Like Lith said we can try to spread more positive energy to Michael trough the music , but if you dont believe in this kind of thing...

Quote:

Maybe we should all play at the same time favorite songs for kids who have cancer! 'Cause, gee, they'll be able to hear it and all...

why the use of irony here?:eek:

RoffeDH 01-06-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgopher04

GET OF THE FORUM! That's my reaction! :mad1:
If Michael knows about this he will be thinking of it and feel this! That is my belife! I belive in god, this will be like a prayer becouse who says how one should pray! YES! We could actually do that... BUT! There is one small thing that you're missing, we don't know how God works, and I belive that you should pray for things close to you heart, and I'm sorry but "cancerkids" ain't close to my heart!

Plus, who are you to say this wouldn't work?

rabidgopher04 01-06-2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
...I belive that you should pray for things close to you heart, and I'm sorry but "cancerkids" ain't close to my heart!

Why is a man who is close to the entertainment industry closer to your heart than anyone else who is suffering. What makes his suffering greater than anyone else's - especially people who have a terminal disease?

Why hold Micheal Tremonti on such a high pedastal? I just don't see how his medical problems are any greater than others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
Plus, who are you to say this wouldn't work?

Well, gee, if I would have known that playing a song after I was injured would cure me I would have done it too.

I didn't know "Watch Your Words" counted as a prayer.

This whole idea is just hokie to me, sorry.

Steve 01-06-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgopher04
Why is a man who is close to the entertainment industry closer to your heart than anyone else who is suffering. What makes his suffering greater than anyone else's - especially people who have a terminal disease?

Why hold Micheal Tremonti on such a high pedastal? I just don't see how his medical problems are any greater than others.

I can't speak for others but for myself, Michael is not just "brother of Tremonti" or "close to the entertainment industry" - he has become a friend. And if it's wrong to try to support a friend who is recovering in the hospital, then arrest me now.

Dogstar 01-06-2006 12:48 PM

Thank you, Steve.

Michael's not a close friend or anything, but he's someone I have met and talked to and someone who was very kind and giving of his time. It makes no difference if he is "close to the entertainment industry." If that is why you think we are doing this, then that's pretty sad. He's a human being who could use a few good thoughts and prayers. There are plenty of others on that list of mine as well.

We heard about this accident and it's just something positive we can do to feel as if maybe we are helping in some small way. It would be nice if we could just keep something like this positive instead of having it turn into some sort of needless debate.